Originally Posted by shardul_seth
In continuation of the highly appreciated Spacious, smooth and light Gingerbread ROM, I present you the ICS version!!
1. What is so special about this ROM?
The main feature is 400 MB is free on /data for your apps!
This is the highest free on any custom ICS ROM for the Neo V.
2. How is this made possible?
a) This ROM has been ODEXed. Hence all dalvik files for system apk's are in the /system
b) Dalvik-cache has been moved to the /cache
3. Why ODEX the ROM?
a) ODEX ROM's load up faster the first time
b) ODEX'ed system apks do not create .dex files in dalvik-cache, hence size of dalvik-cache decreases. This is required so that there is enough room on the /cache partition for the dalvik-cache also.
4. What are the features of this ROM?
- Based on official stock ICS firmware for Neo V
- Rooted and busybox (latest su binary and Superuser.apk)
- 12 Notification toggles with QuickPanel app for editing them - credit hansip87
- Many bloatware apps removed
- File manager (ES File explorer) added
- Google maps navigation unlocked for the whole world - credits brutall,ownhere.
- Battery life is very good (thanks to the Night-elf kernel)
- UOT kitchen compatible
5. Where to get this ROM?
Download (Mediafire - 178.5 MB)
For more, see second post below
6. How to install this ROM.
7. Any disadvantages of ODEX'ed ROM?
- Copy Downloaded files to SD card.
- If you are on GB, flash official ICS firmware first! (for new baseband)
- Flash Night-elf's kernel for ICS (latest version RC2) [ Instructions ]
- Enter recovery by pressing the back key when you see the blue light.
- If you were not on stock/stock-based ROM, wipe Data is safer [ AFTER NANDROID BACKUP ]
- Format system. ( mounts and storage -> format /system )
- Install ICS_Spacious_Smooth_Light.zip.
- Reboot to you new Spacious, Smooth and Lightwieght ROM :)
The only disadvantage is that you cannot install custom themes on the ROM.
But, mind you, UOT kitchen
can be used to change a lot of the UI.
8. But why not use Link2SD or Dalvik2SD?
It has its own problems, most important being io speeds from the card and problems when card is removed.
9. Why is "Premium" in the title?
Because there is no re-branding.. The about screen is exactly like stock ROM - no strange names there
- for the status bar toggles
Sony - for ICS update ( and making wonderful firmware
and all Devs etc on XDA for making custom ROMs possible!
11. No donate button?
This is my daily driver ROM, made for me.
Also, all credits to the kernel dev and all those who made custom ROM's possible!
If you still want to donate, please PM me for the link.