Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ATGAdmin

Feb 25, 2012
Western NY State
www.nyspctech.com
Awesome.....thank you.

I ended up just downloading the Rev_A so the NFS/Lets Golf link will com in quite handy.

Quick question, will this ROM be updated once the official release of ICS is doled out (if it is actually ever sent out)? Or is this just to hold us over until the official is released?

Thanks again.

R

EDIT: Just booting the ROM up now and I absoulutely love the boot animation....well done.

Oh, and thanks for your hard work.....much appreciated.

Proved we actually see an "official release" in the near future, it will be updated lol ...and ty for your comments ;)

Coline1

Feb 20, 2012
Norwich
Proved we actually see an "official release" in the near future, it will be updated lol ...and ty for your comments ;)

Thanks for a truely spectacular ROM mate, it puts all the rest to shame!!
Ive heard that the kosha ROM is being release via OTA on 27th April, so loking forward to the extra goodies you can provide once you have the source!!

Cheers

Reactions: ATGAdmin

ATGAdmin

Feb 25, 2012
Western NY State
www.nyspctech.com
Thanks for a truely spectacular ROM mate, it puts all the rest to shame!!
Ive heard that the kosha ROM is being release via OTA on 27th April, so loking forward to the extra goodies you can provide once you have the source!!

Cheers

I'm looking forward to it as well, providing Acer doesn't do another" paper" launch again! :eek:

Glad you appreciate a bugless ROM. Most ppl go after flashy glitter that blinds them to bugs and multiple releases!

;)

CyaN1de

Dec 19, 2008
BC
I'm looking forward to it as well, providing Acer doesn't do another" paper" launch again! :eek:

Glad you appreciate a bugless ROM. Most ppl go after flashy glitter that blinds them to bugs and multiple releases!

;)

In the past few days I tried 3 other ROMS and came back to yours. :D

2 had bugs with the Live Wallpaper but 1 did have some features that I was looking for such as overclocking and a few others.

Your ROM seems to run with much less lag than the others as well.

blcklab

Oct 22, 2009
And..I'm back, too.
Sent from my A500 using XDA

P.S. Now that ICS is rolling out I intend to stick with this until we know all the bugs and see if the Dev uses that. this runs great and I don't want to lose root, so why mess with a good thing?

Last edited:

blcklab

Oct 22, 2009
Does anyone else here have DirecTV? The new update with VOD keeps force closing. Looking to see if it's the ROM

blcklab

Oct 22, 2009
Is there any need to go to the updated bootloader through the various kinnikinnick processes I've read up on? Then reflash.

FNHA

Jan 2, 2009
Posted this question in the Q&A section but was told you may be able to answer this better, so.. this was my original post.

If I want to upgrade an A500 with Honeylicious to Icylicious, do I just format and install the ROM normally or do I need to install ICS bootloaders first? I wasn't the one who installed the Honeylicious ROM, and by reading around the dev thread, it looks like bootloaders aren't as straightforward as my Captivate which I've been flashing for over a year. Does the current Icylicious come with ICS bootloaders included?

civato

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2011
Some info about bootloaders

Deleted as help is not appreciated

Last edited:
Reactions: Pakobis

ATGAdmin

Feb 25, 2012
Western NY State
www.nyspctech.com
Oh if you only pay this much attention to the people bricking their tabs in the Q&A forum after flashing flex bomb (appropriately named).
He stated he was coming from Honeylicious, so he should be fine in doing so.
KISS (keep it simple stupid) ...no offense intended Civato, and thank you for the lengthy discourse ;)

Last edited:

ATGAdmin

Feb 25, 2012
Western NY State
www.nyspctech.com
Does anyone else here have DirecTV? The new update with VOD keeps force closing. Looking to see if it's the ROM

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I had to check with a friend that actually uses Direct TV on her tab to give you an answer.
She stated that she's not having any problems with Direct TV on her tab, but she hasn't had a recent update on that app (or so she states).
Was it working for you before the update to the app as it is for her right now?
;)

blcklab

Oct 22, 2009
I've used the DirecTV app in the past to schedule things for recording. I didn't know they added vod so didn't try until yesterday with their brand new update.

I can pull an error log if you're interested. Great looking app and works on my Razr

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA

ATGAdmin

Feb 25, 2012
Western NY State
www.nyspctech.com
I've used the DirecTV app in the past to schedule things for recording. I didn't know they added vod so didn't try until yesterday with their brand new update.

I can pull an error log if you're interested. Great looking app and works on my Razr

I just got done reading the reviews on the App since the update, paying special attention to the reviews on tabs, and also ICS.
You might want to do that as well.
I have no need of an error log from a buggy app, but ty ;)

blcklab

Oct 22, 2009
I briefly looked. In. the meantime I just watch via flash. Just started watching Game of Thrones starting at the beginning

civato

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2011
Deleted as i feel no need to answer

Last edited:

ATGAdmin

Feb 25, 2012
Western NY State
www.nyspctech.com
All user error. There is nothing in flexreaper that has got any influence on boot loader or recovery.
Only thing that can happen is not booting caused by autodetection , flashing other boot.img will solve this.
I try to give some info , you always make it personal. I still make a feel sick :p
Have nice weekend.
(!)

Nothing personal at all, and I even thanked you for your discourse.
As he was coming from Honeylicious, a much simpler answer was sufficient, which I gave.
Thank you again ;)

arrow21

Sep 11, 2007
Finally made the jump from your previous from honeylicous and haven't had any probs upgrading. Thx! Nice smooth so far

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

Finally made the jump from your previous from honeylicous and haven't had any probs upgrading. Thx! Nice smooth so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Rom is no longer available at XDA due to XDA moderator double standards.
    ;)
    Calm down girls :D Save it for Facebook.

@Dirtyernie, as you will see, in Icylecious, Flexstriker, (and the stock rooted ICS roms), IN THE ORIGINAL POST, you will most likely see;

Flexstriker;
    "-Known problem is the strange messed up screen on boot , all ICS roms got this , it's a kernel problem."

Icylecious;
    "What Doesn't Work:
    You tell me..please?
    On Bootup you get a funky looking screen for a couple seconds, don't be alarmed!!
    Speaker Static when keyboard sounds are turned on (from original Acer release) "

Taboonay and Lightspeed also have the exact issue. They just didn't include this little info in their OP. But considering they all use the "exact same kernel", they have this as well. Just read the threads.

This is a known issue with this ICS release. IT IS A LEAKED BETA. Read the threads and you would have known this. KJY's rom, works well, as if you had read, you will see few problems from other users.

To constantly come back and post, on what has been explained to you several times, by different people, well, that is just ludicrous.

You have 3 choices.
    1. Accept the ICS rom "as is"
    2. Go back to stock, and wait for the Acer updates
    3. Run a 3.2.1 rom
    Well thank you for the support on the a500 Since its not even yours.

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

lol She'll be out of town for at least another month so I have two tabs to play with.
    Even when she get's back she's right next door, so it's not a problem.
    And you're welcome bro! ;)
    Great rom! Super quick and so far no force closures!

I'm just wondering how I change the buttons to use the Stick image ones... I have downloaded the .zip, but what do I do now?

Thanks in advance
    Best regards

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaashhhhh itttttttttttt
    WhhoooA flashed the icy battery mod and lost status bar... reflashing rom :-/

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Button Mod Fixed, and "Back to Stock" Buttons in attachments in OP.
    My apologies to anyone who may have used them.
    In my defense I was up close to 36 hours yesterday putting out two ICS ROMS, and was at the end of that stretch when they originally went up. Tested and working now! ;)