Bootloop problem !! Please help me !! htc sensation S-ON BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED

Search This thread
Apr 14, 2012
Hi,
I bought a htc sensation .I wanted to install a custom rom but unknowingly i upgraded to ICS. Now my HBOOT version is 1.27 n i could not find revolutionary for it !! Bootloader unlocked but its still S-on:( I installed clockworkmod recovery 5.0.2.0 n followed a thread to root my phone but ended up in bootloop! though i tried to restore i cannot come out of bootloop ! Plz help me plz plz !!:(:(

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi,
I bought a htc sensation .I wanted to install a custom rom but unknowingly i upgraded to ICS. Now my HBOOT version is 1.27 n i could not find revolutionary for it !! Bootloader unlocked but its still S-on:( I installed clockworkmod recovery 5.0.2.0 n followed a thread to root my phone but ended up in bootloop! though i tried to restore i cannot come out of bootloop ! Plz help me plz plz !!:(:(

Hi,

Sorry,revolutionary does not work with 1.27 yet.
Apparently ,it will come soon,but there is no eta.

There is a possibility to root,but it involves using HTC DEV

Look HERE

:)

Reactions: htcsensationz710e
Apr 14, 2012
Ok !! but my phone is not rooted is that okay?? or shud i root it with some method ? after installing CWM 5.0.2 n superuser i checked with "root check basic" and it said that i dont have root access !! only after this i tried to install a rom n ended up in bootloop :( :( :(

Last edited:

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Ok !! but my phone is not rooted is that okay?? or shud i root it with some method ? after installing CWM 5.0.2 n superuser i checked with "root check basic" and it said that i dont have root access !! only after this i tried to install a rom n ended up in bootloop :( :( :(

Hi,

What ROM did you try to install?
I recommend you try to install ARHD 6.6.2
It will install root and 4EXT recovery.

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
hey,
I installed a stock ROM successfully , but I'm still stuck with bootloop !!! can u please tell me what to do ??

Hi,

There has been a whole spate of these problems recently.

From what I can make out,the only way you can proceed is to use HTC DEV.

This is not a good thing ,because they then know what you have done,and you stand little chance if you attempt to return the phone under warranty.

So, the decision is yours.
Wait until someone figures a way to s-off 1.27
Or go with the HTC DEV method,which will then allow you to root and install custom ROMS that have a 3.32 base.

:(

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Thanks a lot buddy !!!
I tried HTC dev but still stuck with the problem !! will have to wait for revolutionary to s off 1.27 !!

if you have unlocked bootloader by HTCdev then you can still install custom roms but only which support stock kernel like ARHD

you can just flash ARHD with stock kernel option(this is important ) through recovery... provided that you have updated firmware (3.32....)

anonymous0612

Dec 19, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

nangu

Jan 27, 2011
Hi,

You need to flash the boot.img (which you can get by unzipping it from the rom .zip) via fastboot.

Install the rom first as usual on 4EXT, and then:

- Extract the boot.img and place it on your adb PC folder
- Start Sensation on fastboot usb
- Flash the boot.img: fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Reboot

If the rom you want to install has choices for custom kernels, you have to extract the .img which match the kernel you choose at rom install and flash it via fastboot as described.

If you don't do this way you will be stuck at bootloops.

The explanation of this is, as you have unlocked via HTCdev method and still s-on, the kernel are not flashed in boot partition when you install the rom from recovery, but you can flash it by using adb/fastboot from the command line.

Apr 14, 2012
Hi,

I am really pleased to see a success story here. :D

As a help to (countless) others with the same situation as yourself,could you possibly make a list of things you did to make it work.

Thanks.

I downloaded and installed a stock ROM from mike1986 thread !! Before installing i cleared the cache data/factory reset and delvik's cache from recovery and then
- Reboot

Last edited:
Reactions: malybru

pk-air

Jan 22, 2012
Denver, CO
I have HTC Sensation GSM, updated to the ICS now my hboot is 1.27, I kind of have the same problem, bootloader is unlocked, s-on, unlocked by HTC DEV method, when I go to recovery nothing appears, only black screen with triangle and question mark inside it. Can you help me plz!!???

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
I have HTC Sensation GSM, updated to the ICS now my hboot is 1.27, I kind of have the same problem, bootloader is unlocked, s-on, unlocked by HTC DEV method, when I go to recovery nothing appears, only black screen with triangle and question mark inside it. Can you help me plz!!???

you got stock recovery so you need to have custom recovery
4EXT is good one so
flash the recovery / install recovery from this thread
recovery here

its a apk...so just download it to your sd card and install it....when installing it'll ask you whether you are s-on or not...say "yes" -> this is pretty important

after that you can download the rom and install it...as per the steps provided by "htcsensationz710e"

if you got doubts..let me know

Reactions: pk-air

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

You need to flash the boot.img (which you can get by unzipping it from the rom .zip) via fastboot.

Install the rom first as usual on 4EXT, and then:

- Reboot

If the rom you want to install has choices for custom kernels, you have to extract the .img which match the kernel you choose at rom install and flash it via fastboot as described.

If you don't do this way you will be stuck at bootloops.

The explanation of this is, as you have unlocked via HTCdev method and still s-on, the kernel are not flashed in boot partition when you install the rom from recovery, but you can flash it by using adb/fastboot from the command line.
    Hi,

Hi,

Sorry,revolutionary does not work with 1.27 yet.
    Apparently ,it will come soon,but there is no eta.

There is a possibility to root,but it involves using HTC DEV

Look HERE

hey,
    I installed a stock ROM successfully , but I'm still stuck with bootloop !!! can u please tell me what to do ??

Hi,

There has been a whole spate of these problems recently.

From what I can make out,the only way you can proceed is to use HTC DEV.

This is not a good thing ,because they then know what you have done,and you stand little chance if you attempt to return the phone under warranty.

So, the decision is yours.
    Wait until someone figures a way to s-off 1.27
    Or go with the HTC DEV method,which will then allow you to root and install custom ROMS that have a 3.32 base.

:(
    Thanks a lot buddy !!!
    I tried HTC dev but still stuck with the problem !! will have to wait for revolutionary to s off 1.27 !!

if you have unlocked bootloader by HTCdev then you can still install custom roms but only which support stock kernel like ARHD

you can just flash ARHD with stock kernel option(this is important ) through recovery... provided that you have updated firmware (3.32....)
    Hey ,
    Thanks a lot , buddy !!! its working !!! thank you thank you !!! Thanks a ton !!!