[XS][LT26] Firmware Compilation

Search This thread

kazuni

Aug 28, 2007
Hong Kong
As I understand it, you flash the prerooted image instead of the normal one.

General steps:

1. Flash a firmware of your choice (ftf package, using flashtool)
  2. a - if you want to root, you would have to unlock bootloader
  3. b - after unlock, you will need to flash a preroot image of the matching firmware's system.img (by version, i.e. 73HK using 73HK's preroot, etc)

iruganisan

Jan 5, 2009
Muntinlupa
hello, sorry for a noob question, is these preroot img will unlock the bootloader or just root the system only.

help because i dont need to unlock the bootloader because unlocking it will remove the DRM keys, all i need is to root it.

thank you in advance.

kazuni

Aug 28, 2007
Hong Kong
hello, sorry for a noob question, is these preroot img will unlock the bootloader or just root the system only.

help because i dont need to unlock the bootloader because unlocking it will remove the DRM keys, all i need is to root it.

thank you in advance.

preroot image will not unlock the bootloader. in fact, in order to flash the preroot image, you need to unlock your bootloader first.

Sikiduck

Aug 27, 2010
twitter.com
NOTICE FOR NORWAY GENERIC FIRMWARE

Okay you guys! I've just joined the userdata.bin file to the FTF file, so you DO NOT need to download and flash the missing file! All your settings will stay and flashing does NOT wipe anything. ;)

Xperia-S-6.0.A.3.73-NO-Generic.ftf

If you got any problems downloading the file, error etc, please send me a PM and I'll give you another link. :)

Last edited:

4lex96

Mar 17, 2012
Rome
NOTICE FOR NORWAY GENERIC FIRMWARE

Okay you guys! I've just joined the userdata.bin file to the FTF file, so you DO NOT need to download and flash the missing file! All your settings will stay and flashing does NOT wipe anything. ;)

Xperia-S-6.0.A.3.73-NO-Generic.ftf

If you got any problems downloading the file, error etc, please send me a PM and I'll give you another link. :)
now i'm with the europe generic 0.73,so if i flash this fw i didn't miss my apps,my settings etc?
right?

Sikiduck

Aug 27, 2010
twitter.com
i flashed it and in the smart tags app i don't have the function to enable/disable the GPS :(
I'm the only?can you controll that?
Thanks

In the previous thread when u was asking about SmartTag app, I uploaded the same SmartTag app that I use (u can download it), and I have the option to disable and activate GPS.

I also use the same fw as me now so that is very strange. I'm sorry but I don't know what is wrong here. Try download the SmartTag app again (see link above), that's the only advice I got right now. :)

Last edited:

4lex96

Mar 17, 2012
Rome
In the previous thread when u was asking about SmartTag app, I uploaded the same SmartTag app that I use (u can download it), and I have the option to disable and activate GPS.

I also use the same fw as me now so that is very strange. I'm sorry but I don't know what is wrong here. Try download the SmartTag app again (see link above), that's the only advice I got right now. :)

Thank you very much,I re-download it and the GPS function it's on the list ;-)
Thank you again
Best regards
Alex

Reactions: Sikiduck

hexproject

Jan 2, 2007
flashtool back button?

hey, i read the flashtool directions.

But i am stuck when it gets to unplug and press back?
On your device. i am holding it..but it doesn't recognize it...

What else am i missing?
Also, is it necessary to exclude things like bootloader? kernel?
thanks.

alc2077

Sep 26, 2007
Hey guys, I am having the hardest time flashing a preroot .73 to my xps. I was able to download & flash a generic CE .73 stock rom without a problem. Now I attempting to flash the preroot .73 CE version & when i download the .rar file to my pc & attempt to unzip it I have gotten an error message in winzip about files being missing. I even tried downloading a couple of other regions preroot .73 version to flash & still get the same error when trying to unzip the .rar folder. I feel like I am missing something, Please help!! thanks a million

del1701

Hey guys, I am having the hardest time flashing a preroot .73 to my xps. I was able to download & flash a generic CE .73 stock rom without a problem. Now I attempting to flash the preroot .73 CE version & when i download the .rar file to my pc & attempt to unzip it I have gotten an error message in winzip about files being missing. I even tried downloading a couple of other regions preroot .73 version to flash & still get the same error when trying to unzip the .rar folder. I feel like I am missing something, Please help!! thanks a million

Have you tried using 7zip ?
Have you tried renaming the rar file to ftf ?

Reactions: alc2077

Top Liked Posts