166 posts
Thanks Meter: 123

By GhostOfTheNet, Senior Member on 17th February 2011, 09:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th February 2012, 10:46 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thanks for reply. :)
which rom you recomands? rc 2.1 or rc 2.1 patch 1? i want to works 3g on my tablet.
please tell me the steps for installing the rom. thanks.

//le:
I have installed the rom and the patch, but same problems,
It was some steps to setup the 3g?
When I click on operators(in settings) I take an error: "error while searching network operators".
There may possible the internal modem to be locked?
Thanks

18th February 2012, 05:36 PM |#32  
Flag 's-Gravenhage
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by whit3boy

thanks for reply. :)
which rom you recomands? rc 2.1 or rc 2.1 patch 1? i want to works 3g on my tablet.
please tell me the steps for installing the rom. thanks.

//le:
I have installed the rom and the patch, but same problems,
It was some steps to setup the 3g?
When I click on operators(in settings) I take an error: "error while searching network operators".
There may possible the internal modem to be locked?
Thanks

I'm not sure about which version you should use, since i have rc3 chimera istalled,
and it's slow and unusable without swap, for me.
For the rest of the forum, at least many of them reporting very good experience with it.
So i recommend to try the rc3 also, maybe your device will run it better than any other versions,
And maybe the 3G drivers are improved.
Since i don't have too much experience with the internal 3G modems, you should ask your
Question in the tabletroms.com/vega rom development/honeyice thread.

G
9th March 2012, 06:59 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi, I have an Advent Vega with Honeyice Rc3 chimera. I've tried 2 different USB 3G modems and no one of them got to work. I've tried Huawei E220 and Huawei E1750. The tablet does not recognize any APNs and it does not allow me to edit the APNs manually (well, it allows to edit but not to save them).

Does anybody have any idea?
26th March 2012, 12:01 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
3G mod off camera port with SD card reader and working camera
Good work with the 3g mod but I did my USB hub/3g mod about 9 months ago. I posted it on Modaco and tablet roms. I have just updated it with new details and pictures of what I am running at the moment. Check it out
http://android.modaco.com/topic/3503...1#entry1923781

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctot

Hi, I have an Advent Vega with Honeyice Rc3 chimera. I've tried 2 different USB 3G modems and no one of them got to work. I've tried Huawei E220 and Huawei E1750. The tablet does not recognize any APNs and it does not allow me to edit the APNs manually (well, it allows to edit but not to save them).

You need to turn off the CD Rom emulation on the modem with an AT command.
Here’s a guide for sending an AT command to your modem from a windows PC http://3g-modem.wetpaint.com/page/ex...+under+Windows
And this is the AT command you need to type to disable the virtual CD rom.

AT^U2DIAG=0

You will also need to make sure the sim pin is disabled (you can do this on your PC)
It should now work.
Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to richardmlea For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift richardmlea Ad-Free
2nd April 2012, 01:31 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

First you need a Huawei device couse those device are the device wich is user by the bulder of our tablet. Second leave chimera on my own experience is not the best rom to work with 3g.

Sent from my VegaComb using xda premium
6th April 2012, 01:26 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
I think you have miss-understood. He has already has the modem. Most Huawei modems are supported by most custom roms and some factory roms as long as the CD rom emulation is turned off. They use the same Ril commands as the interal modem (also a Huawei) fitted to 10s's, POV mobi's and other P10an01's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrincon_v

First you need a Huawei device couse those device are the device wich is user by the bulder of our tablet. Second leave chimera on my own experience is not the best rom to work with 3g.

Sent from my VegaComb using xda premium

21st April 2012, 05:24 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

Well i understand now, Sorry, maybe you need follow this steps.

1.- Set your usb to host mode
2.- Conect your USB module (First you need disable the autorun mode)
3.- Waith for at least 30 seconds, the led of your dongle will be blink
4.- Go to configurarion, and set your apn, very important fist internett and then MMC.
5.- wait for a wile, some times the tablet dont take the changes so fast.
then you done.

Since yesterdey i use a internal 3g card, buy one in ebay its more afordable.

Bye.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)