Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

TheRomMistress

XDA Portal Team / Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 17, 2010
Virginia
@OP,

5. Post a message only once.

As a large forum we don't need unnecessary clutter, You're free to edit your message as you like, so if you do not receive an answer revisit your message and see if you can describe your problem better. Not everyone is online at the same time, it might take a while before you receive an answer.

Also, all of you with the piss poor attitudes need to straighten up. We are all here to enjoy what the site has to offer, no need to corrupt it with negativity.

Reactions: ftgg99

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
Thank you mistress.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium

Sep 12, 2008
Zurich
i really don't know how to use the app! and first of all, when i try to create a new profile it says not enough free space.!!!!
i have 441MB free on the phone and 29GB on the SD card. Can someone help?

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
i really don't know how to use the app! and first of all, when i try to create a new profile it says not enough free space.!!!!
i have 441MB free on the phone and 29GB on the SD card. Can someone help?

You dont have enough free memory to safely maintain multiple profiles. Generally i would not recommend you use this application, but if you cleared out some internal memory, you might be able to make two profiles safely.

Reactions: avatar_ro

avidmovies

Nov 29, 2011
Solid and very useful app. Don't need more than 2 profiles right now but will def keep up with updates. Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Reactions: ftgg99

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
You could always donate - the app key is only $1 until Wednesday :)

fllash

Dec 20, 2007
Melbourne
Its more like the windows log on screen... same version of windows, different users with their own stuff.

Then perhaps change the thread title from
"Boot Into Multiple Installations Of Android"
To:
"Log In to Securely Separated 'User Accounts'" or something. The thread title may be misleading.

However, I think this app is a fantastic innovation considering the direction personal devices are heading in. I would love to see such functionality baked into ROMs one day.
How does it deal with NANDROID backups - what 'User Account' is backed up?
Also, would it be within the scope of this app to restore a 'User Account' that wasn't backed up with NANDROID after a data wipe?

Cheers,
Josh.

kersh

Oct 28, 2007
Any idea of why this in the market?

This app is incompatible with your Samsung GT-N7000.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
No idea. Its possibler your content filter settings are at fault...

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
There's a sale on some of our apps - getg them before its over :)

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010

Fixed issue switching profiles (One X and others)
Fixed rare crash on adding/ removing profiles
Fixed many device specific issues from user logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD EDIT: links removed

Another Android first from Fahrbot Mobile

SwitchMe is a unique application for root users that allows you to log in and out of multiple installations of Android just as you would on a desktop computer.

The technology behind SwitchMe saves all of your applications and data, protects it and stores it as a file in memory. You can then log out of an
    account and log into a fresh installation of Android or another account with its own unique content.

You may create as many profiles as the memory is capable of holding. Some of these may require very little free memory because they contain few apps,
    others will be larger as they contain many applications and lots of cache and data.

Why is this functionality useful?

Privacy - the most obvious benefit is that you can securely share one device among multiple users, which gives you privacy and peace of mind.
    E-reading - whenever you want to read on your tablet but dont want any notifications or need any connectivity, just switch to an ereader profile.
    Testing - if you are a developer, you can use profiles as clean sandboxes to test your applications and their interaction with the system.
    Gaming – with multiple installations of Android on a single device, you can now play online MMOs as different characters.
    Speed - the games your kids play slow down your tablet, but with SwitchMe you can easily create profiles without games or instant messengers.
    Battery life - when the battery is low but there are important emails or documents to edit later, switch to a profile which only contains these essentials.

These of course are only suggestions - there are plenty of other uses for the functionality SwitchMe offers.

Usage warning

Its critical to understand that incorrect use of this application can potentially harm your device. This can happen if you create and switch to a profile that
    exceeds the available memory – switching into this profile will cause a boot loop as Android attempts to unsuccessfully build the Dalvik cache.

Before proceeding with use we strongly recommend that you perform a full nandroid backup through recovery.

UNOFFICIAL A2SD SOLUTIONS ARE NOT SUPPORTED, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Stay tuned, and please rate the application by pressing the star button on the main screen - good ratings help us improve and expand functionality!

Usage warning

Its critical to understand that incorrect use of this application can potentially harm your device. This can happen if you create and switch to a profile that
    exceeds the available memory – switching into this profile will cause a boot loop as Android attempts to unsuccessfully build the Dalvik cache.

Before proceeding with use we strongly recommend that you perform a full nandroid backup through recovery.

MOST UNOFFICIAL A2SD AND SIMILAR SOLUTIONS ARE NOT SUPPORTED, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Stay tuned, and please rate the application by pressing the star button on the main screen - good ratings help us improve and expand functionality!

Market link:

The Lite version only allows the creation of two profiles and has no security features.

Screens:

I don't know, its probably something to do with SD links to apps, or just sme weird crazy from the nightly. Works fine on all our cm7 and 9 builds at the office.

By the way, tried the TASK from for 10.1 - it worked fine! So your issues are probably from the mods and other crap. But while you're there, ask yourself, what kind of nutjob would want a grey framework on a tablet like this? Just ditch it for something cool like KANG or at least that Overcome!

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda premium
    This is very cool! I had to pull my battery on the first restart though. My boot animation was up for over 30 minutes. Pulled the battery and it booted right into the second profile.

Unlike the above post, I did not need to reroot. I'm assuming it's just because my ROM is rooted already.

Please excuse my ignorance, I try to avoid flashing as much as possible, but how would I go about installing a different ROM onto just one profile?

Thanks for this nice app! I will actually use it!

EDIT:
    Things I noticed:
    -On my first swap back into my default profile, I had no vibration! No apps, ringer, notifications, or anything at all. I messed with my settings but it would not vibrate until I restarted.
    -This might sound crazy, but I actually think this improved my boot speed. I am running a Droid Charge with Humble 5.0. It wasn't slow before, and maybe it's in my head, but it seems really fast! (I don't have fast swap enabled either)
    I'm positive. It reset some of my build prop changes. I had changed my LCD density, and it reset that in my main profile. All my contacts went away on both profiles until I signed into my google account on the second. My messages and call log, however, were visible on both profiles (just the phone numbers though since there was no contacts). I use Swype keyboard, which did not come with my ROM, and after using the GB keyboard in the second profile, it came up by default in my main profile as well. I also had to re-accept the market terms of service and such.

Also, Market was not installed on the second profile by default. Had to download market.apk and install it. Is it supposed to do that?

I still love the app, don't get me wrong. I was going to buy the pro version, but it wouldn't let me buy it because of some account error (thanks to the app, ha). I got it fixed though, will buy the pro version soon <3

Its supposed to do all those things. Whats not supposed to be happening is keyboard defaults, everything else is as it should be.
    I hear you will be adding a widget today! Cant wait... :)