[Q] Internal memory become read-only

Search This thread

old_fart

Dec 8, 2011
it never rains here
the senior member, @demetris_I was talking about an adb instruction ran in a pc cmd window, directed to -and- to act upon the tablet... your adb is up and functional ? ? ? plz google 'sudo' for instructions !

Last edited:

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
You talking about tablet or PC?

commands need to be ran in PC side, i suggest you first read all unbrick threads and setup what is needed for example ubuntu linux which is always good to have and now that you have take the plunge to mess with your device with the unbrick methods you will need it so first feed yourself with the basics, THAT MEANS read and watch the videos.

IF WE START GIVING A USER MANY INFORMATION THAT HE/SHE HAVE NO IDEA WE WILL JUST CONFUSE HIM/HER.​

In my FAQ you can find links to many how-to's, tutorials and video-tutorials and in this page http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1570022 you can watch the videos to install and setup adb on Ubuntu Linux.

If you have questions referring to a specific thread post in the respective thread. Thanks!

~ Veronica

Last edited:

mm_d

Jan 26, 2011
the senior member, @demetris_I was talking about an adb instruction to the tablet... your adb is up and functional ? ? ? plz google 'sudo' for instructions !

commands need to be ran in PC side, i suggest you first read all unbrick threads and setup what is needed for example ubuntu linux which is always good to have and now that you have jumped to mess your device even more with the unbrick methods you will need it so, first feed yourself with the basics.

In my FAQ you can find link so many how-to's, tutorials and video-tutorials and in this page http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1570022 you can watch the videos to install and setup adb on Ubuntu Linux.

If you have questions referring to a specific thread post in the respective thread.

~ Veronica

I'm not a newbie. I asked previous question only because demetris_I asked me about my OS.

@old_fart of course I have working adb connection between my Arch Linux running PC and NT.
@lavero.burgos I've already tried all your methods. As well as methods by AdamOutler, meghd00t and soshite.

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
I'm not a newbie. I asked previous question only because demetris_I asked me about my OS.

@old_fart of course I have working adb connection between my Arch Linux running PC and NT.
@lavero.burgos I've already tried all your methods. As well as methods by AdamOutler, meghd00t and soshite.

I see all of them and are you able to boot to internal? and have the same read-only problem? that's odd. Well would you mind reformat your sdcard and see if it gets a bit better lol it's all i can think for now 'cause if you really have try it all and we're talking all the partitions overridden and recreated from scratch and you keep having the same problem it's very weird.

~ Veronica

old_fart

Dec 8, 2011
it never rains here
i am sorry. i did not mean to offend. when i saw 'fdisk', which ( as you know ) is the disk partitioning utility/command . . . and i thought you asked the senior guy if you should partition the pc -or- partition the tablet... well...

Last edited:

mm_d

Jan 26, 2011
I reformat my sdcard several times. I've tried eveything. Even fastboot via cyanoboot by fattire.
It seems that nothing can't write anything. Look at the parted log on previous page.

Demetris

Recognized Developer
Aug 15, 2008
Limassol

Your adb wasn't echoing back so i assumed you run linux or you have a bad adb shell.
Please share with us how you reformat your internal sdcard.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Issue a mount command and post here output.

Last edited:

mm_d

Jan 26, 2011
Well would you mind reformat your sdcard and see if it gets a bit better

I reformat my sdcard several times

Please share with us how you reformat your internal sdcard.

I was talking about external sdcard.

mount ouput in CWM mode
Code:
~ # mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/block/platform/mmci-omap-hs.1/by-name/cache on /cache type ext4 (rw,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,barrier=1,data=ordered)

mount output in android
Code:
# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (ro,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/block/platform/mmci-omap-hs.1/by-name/bootdata on /bootdata type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
tmpfs on /mnt/asec type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000)
tmpfs on /mnt/obb type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000)
/sys/kernel/debug on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/block/platform/mmci-omap-hs.1/by-name/system on /system type ext4 (ro,relatime,errors=panic,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/block/platform/mmci-omap-hs.1/by-name/userdata on /data type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,errors=panic,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/block/platform/mmci-omap-hs.1/by-name/cache on /cache type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,errors=panic,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 on /mnt/media type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/block/platform/mmci-omap-hs.1/by-name/rom on /rom type vfat (ro,noatime,nodiratime,uid=1000,gid=1000,fmask=0337,dmask=0007,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/block/vold/179:17 on /mnt/sdcard type vfat (rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/block/vold/179:17 on /mnt/secure/asec type vfat (rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)
tmpfs on /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure type tmpfs (ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000)

Last edited:

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
ok let me compare with mine and ill post the output.

Ok the #Mount in cwm is the same no problems there but the #mount in Android change to ro in 2 parts:

rootfs on / type rootfs (ro,relatime)
... should be rootfs on / type rootfs (rw,relatime)

/dev/block/platform/mmci-omap-hs.1/by-name/system on /system type ext4 (ro,relatime,errors=panic,barrier=1,data=ordered)
... should be /dev/block/platform/mmci-omap-hs.1/by-name/system on /system type ext4 (rw,relatime,errors=panic,barrier=1,data=ordered)

thing is it change to ro when it boots.

Can you try:

$ su
# mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p8 /system

~ Veronica

Last edited:

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
mount -o remount,rw /
mount -o remount,rw /system

It didn't change anything.

I was explicit:

try that, for what i're read a reflash should fix it. But i think you already have tried that. We could also try a script under /etc/init.d

~ Veronica

mm_d

Jan 26, 2011
I was explicit:

try that, for what i're read a reflash should fix it. But i think you already have tried that. We could also try a script under /etc/init.d

~ Veronica

I read your previous post before you edit it.
Anyway, "mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p8 /system" didn't help.

Last edited:

Demetris

Recognized Developer
Aug 15, 2008
Limassol
ok, let go back in time :)

Please tel me how you get this gpt partition table

Model: MMC SEM16G (sd/mmc)
Disk /dev/block/mmcblk0: 15.9GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: gpt

Number Start End Size File system Name Flags
1 131kB 262kB 131kB xloader
2 262kB 524kB 262kB bootloader
3 524kB 16.3MB 15.7MB recovery
4 16.8MB 33.6MB 16.8MB boot
5 33.6MB 83.9MB 50.3MB fat32 rom
6 83.9MB 134MB 50.3MB fat32 bootdata
7 134MB 522MB 388MB ext4 factory
8 522MB 1164MB 642MB ext4 system
9 1164MB 1611MB 447MB ext4 cache
10 1611MB 13.6GB 12.0GB fat32 media msftres
11 13.6GB 15.9GB 2315MB ext4 userdata

Especially the /media and /userdata.
What path did you follow?

Demetris

Recognized Developer
Aug 15, 2008
Limassol
adb remount, works?

Remount remounts the /system partition as writable (or readonly if it is already writeable)

Last edited:

mm_d

Jan 26, 2011
"adb remount" says that "remount succeeded". But actually memory remains read-only: after reboot all changes revert back.

kostic2006

Apr 4, 2012
I have similar problem, i cant fix it to. Try using this:
mount via adb internal partition
11 13.6GB 15.9GB 2315MB ext4 userdata

mkdir mmc0
mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p11 /mmc0

add try to copy file large >1GB(like hd-rip video) -file must be lagre that operating memory(1GB),
adb push <file_>_1GB> /mmc0
wait 3-4 minutes
if you nook restart you will catch memory overflow. I think that this hardware failure...
... but if not, it good news.

try
adb shell
umount /mmc0
reboot

then via adb
mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p11 /mmc0
ls -l /mmc0
if you see your file, MMC memory ok, you can try restore method

(могу попробывать поковырять, без гарантий, от 200 грн, киев)

Last edited: