Search This thread

Keion

Nov 6, 2011
Danville, California
Does anyone know of a free or paid word processor that can
a) edit font type, size italics bold and underline
b) set page margins along with header and footer
and c) have spellcheck and/or grammar check
with a ok looking UI that is compatible with the prime?

Sent from my tf9001 with XDA XD.

The Grey Elf

Mar 7, 2012
I don't know that there are any with spell/grammar check but having used QuickOffice Pro HD, Kingsoft Office, and OfficeSuite Pro 6 (all of which are on my Prime right now), I can't give a high enough recommendation to OfficeSuite Pro 6. It's head and shoulders above the rest of the office programs out there.

Kingsoft Office is 100% free, and well worth it to have; it suffers largely from not being able to search for text or jump to pages, and I don't think it handles bullets and lists and such very well; however, for a free office app it's pretty full-featured.

OfficeSuite Pro just keeps getting better and better with each release, and I expect it won't be long before they add spell and grammar check, and the ability to create headers and footers (it supports headers and footers in pre-existing docs now). It's $15 or $20, I think, but well worth the purchase price.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA

Reactions: Keion

toutcoule

Apr 22, 2012
kingsoft

Kingsoft is a very complete wP, and includes page setup functionalities, you can set the paper type/size as well as the margins, but so far header and footer are not part of the package, as far as i can tell. also lack of del (shift + backspace) and lack of ctrl + direction keys to advance one word at a time are annoying;

still recommend because the support team is very responsive and with time and community feedback it could become a really solid wP

Reactions: Keion

Keion

Nov 6, 2011
Danville, California
I don't know that there are any with spell/grammar check but having used QuickOffice Pro HD, Kingsoft Office, and OfficeSuite Pro 6 (all of which are on my Prime right now), I can't give a high enough recommendation to OfficeSuite Pro 6. It's head and shoulders above the rest of the office programs out there.

Kingsoft Office is 100% free, and well worth it to have; it suffers largely from not being able to search for text or jump to pages, and I don't think it handles bullets and lists and such very well; however, for a free office app it's pretty full-featured.

OfficeSuite Pro just keeps getting better and better with each release, and I expect it won't be long before they add spell and grammar check, and the ability to create headers and footers (it supports headers and footers in pre-existing docs now). It's $15 or $20, I think, but well worth the purchase price.

Sounds good, already have Kingsoft.

virtualspeed

Oct 14, 2011
hello. I'm asking this here for avoiding create a new thread.
I'm having problems with polaris office. The main problem is when switching through apps I loose everithing I wrote after some time (if I don't save the file). It seems that the program is cleaned from memory...
Is there any solution to this? Is there any other office app that doesn't do this?

thanks

almightywhacko

Aug 18, 2010
Does anyone know of a free or paid word processor that can
a) edit font type, size italics bold and underline
b) set page margins along with header and footer
and c) have spellcheck and/or grammar check
with a ok looking UI that is compatible with the prime?

Aside from grammar checking Polaris Office can do all of these things. Spell check works through the normal Android spell checking system that gets applied to everything you type. It might not be as robust as you were looking for, but it is there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

kingsoft

Kingsoft is a very complete wP, and includes page setup functionalities, you can set the paper type/size as well as the margins, but so far header and footer are not part of the package, as far as i can tell. also lack of del (shift + backspace) and lack of ctrl + direction keys to advance one word at a time are annoying;

still recommend because the support team is very responsive and with time and community feedback it could become a really solid wP