[Q] Trying to return to Stock Rom but...

Search This thread

dirtyyy

Oct 10, 2011
I seem to be having a problem flashing the stock + rooted rom.

I get the error message..
e:cant open sdcard/dhd_wwe_3.12.405.1............zip (bad) installation aborted.

I have also tried a stock unrooted copy which didnt work either. I am pretty sure i use to be able to flash it(many months ago).
I believe i can still flash sum custom roms (just formated the newest leedroid rom) but stock is being a ***** to install.

I want to go back to stock as I feel my gps was more accurate under stock

Any ideas?

Im using a unbranded UK desire HD with AHK Clockwork Recovery v4.0.1.4. i did wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and even wipe Dalvik

Any questions just ask

Last edited:

kualmente

Dec 23, 2011
You don't have to flash stock rom from recovery like custom roms or nandroid backups.

Run stock RUU.exe or flash the rom from bootloader if in PG58IMG format if you want to go back to complete stock rom.

You can download RUU_Ace_Sense30_S_HTC_WWE_3.12.405.1_R_Radio_12.65.60.29_26.14.04.28_M_release_233505_signed form HERE

Last edited:
Reactions: suxelexus

dirtyyy

Oct 10, 2011
You don't have to flash stock rom from recovery like custom roms or nandroid backups.

Run stock RUU.exe or flash the rom from bootloader if in PG58IMG format if you want to go back to complete stock rom.

You can download RUU_Ace_Sense30_S_HTC_WWE_3.12.405.1_R_Radio_12.65.60.29_26.14.04.28_M_release_233505_signed form HERE
Ok, thanks... Which one of these if any would you recommend? (they seem to be exe files which i dont understand why)

http://shipped-roms.com/index.php?category=android&model=Ace

kualmente

Dec 23, 2011
see above. Run the RUU exe from pc while phone is plugged with usb cable.

I uploaded it for you. That is the latest stock GB RUU.

Hope it helps :)

Hit thanks button if it did ;)

suxelexus

Jul 31, 2010
Gold Coast

Hey mate, maybe u can help me out a little. I need to flash back to stock, vodafone au branded for warrenty purposes. if I used above would I still be rooted and s-off, and can all the Vodafone bloat be flashed afterwards. just weighing if the above link is any easy option then flashing rom, then radio, reverse s off, root, etc etc etc.....etc.?

kualmente

Dec 23, 2011
The link I gave is for stock unbranded WWE (world wide english) RUU. No idea where you can find Vodafone AU, sorry.

Running the RUU.exe will unroot your device but s-off remains. Also it deletes all apps and data.

Conclusion: it will be as out of the box but S-Off.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA

Last edited:

suxelexus

Jul 31, 2010
Gold Coast
The link I gave is for stock unbranded WWE (world wide english) RUU. No idea where you can find Vodafone AU, sorry.

Running the RUU.exe will unroot your device but s-off remains. Also it deletes all apps and data.

Cheers mate. I found the stock au Rom...not an ruu unfortunately, returning back to out of box is a bit of a tedious ordeal

sinahidden

Jun 5, 2011

hey,
i have got the same problem but with S-on,i really cant do anything with phone as its not booting up,
i cant only access hboot and recovery but cant flash any radio or rom.
will this rom help me?
if u need more information bout my dhd u can check:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1604510
please help me :(

suxelexus

Jul 31, 2010
Gold Coast
hey,
i have got the same problem but with S-on,i really cant do anything with phone as its not booting up,
i cant only access hboot and recovery but cant flash any radio or rom.
will this rom help me?
if u need more information bout my dhd u can check:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1604510
please help me :(

--I noticed your using advanced ace hack kit. Question- are you renaming the Rom file to "update.zip," and then selecting "install update from zip"???
If so, there s your problem.

Just select "install from zip" instead. Shouldn't matter if the file has been renamed.
Hopefully this is a quick fix for you. Let us know, because if you can get to bootloader and recovery, there is a fix.

Don't be shy to use the thanks button.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

--Cheers mate. I found a Vodafone branded RoM. Maybe you can help me before I post a thread in Q&A's, because I'm getting nowhere with it. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Heres whats happening:

Just read this guys post and its exactly to a tee, what is happening with me:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1575300

haha, you can probably tell im getting a little desperate.

kualmente

Dec 23, 2011
Please answer these questions in order to summarize the situation:

1) are you S-ON or S-OFF?

2) What your bootloader says and what version is is (there is a **locked** on top?)

3) have you tried the hack kit or not?

4) do you have stock recovery or CWM/4EXT?

5) is your phone branded Vodafone or is just your carrier which is Vodafone?

6) what was your original RUU and what RUU did you find. RUU.exe should be run from a computer not flashed by recovery.

suxelexus

Jul 31, 2010
Gold Coast
Please answer these questions in order to summarize the situation:

1) are you S-ON or S-OFF?

2) What your bootloader says and what version is is (there is a **locked** on top?)

3) have you tried the hack kit or not?

4) do you have stock recovery or CWM/4EXT?

5) is your phone branded Vodafone or is just your carrier which is Vodafone?

6) what was your original RUU and what RUU did you find. RUU.exe should be run from a computer not flashed by recovery.
Hi, are u asking me? If so here u go.

1- S-OFF. Don't think I'm eng s-off.
2- boot loader reads as follows:
Ace PVT Ship S-off RL
Hboot 0.85.0024
Microphone 0438
Radio 26.10.04.03_m
eMMC-boot

3- advance ace hack kit is how I rooted my device...?
4- clockwork mod recovery touch 5.8
5- Vodafone branded phone originally, with all the crap
6-original ruu unknown? But the rom I can't install is titled:
Ace_Vodafone_AU_1.32.178.5_Radio_12.28b.60.140eU_26.03.02.26_M_BACKUP
Its a zip file which I've tried to install from recovery as a zip(error message 'install aborted')and also restore after extracting to cwm/backup (error message md5 mismatch)

I'm completely lost.

marsdta

May 9, 2011
Install 4ext recovery, if I'm not mistaken it has an option to ignore md5 mismatches.

Edit - just checked and it does, its in the recovery settings

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

Last edited:

suxelexus

Jul 31, 2010
Gold Coast
Install 4ext recovery, if I'm not mistaken it has an option to ignore md5 mismatches.

Alright, well I installed 4ext, disabled md5 check. All that happened when it restored (finished in only 3secs)was rebooted with a freshly wiped copy of the rom I've been using-cookies & cream ics.
It seems like the file is empty, though I've explored its content and all seems intact. Its about the 5th download of the rom too, so unlikely a bad dl. Someone installed it successfully by deleting nandroid. md5, then using the md5 sum recreate it as md5sum*img > nandroid.md5... Don't know how or what this means

Last edited:

marsdta

May 9, 2011
I believe they are talking about this. In the app go to recovery >manage backups. Choose the file then click correct md5 sum

suxelexus

Jul 31, 2010
Gold Coast
I believe they are talking about this. In the app go to recovery >manage backups. Choose the file then click correct md5 sum

-Alright well I got the md5 sorted, and installed the rom. Now I have a blackscreen... It appears nothing has changed. the green htc letters slowly fade to white lines then to black, thats about it. Still got 4ext so I can restore, but this is a pain in the rectum.

I'm restoring it again and it reads its restoring: boot system data cache. In the process, .android_secure not found...Should be alright?

Last edited:

marsdta

May 9, 2011
That should be fine. Not sure why its not working and others got it to work

suxelexus

Jul 31, 2010
Gold Coast
That should be fine. Not sure why its not working and others got it to work

--I dont know. Will try to download and install again, in the off chance I have "bad install."

Wondering if I could insall the WWE Ruu.exe and then temp root and somehow flash all the vodafone australia crap...I'm just swinging in the dark here.

marsdta

May 9, 2011
I thought about that. You won't be able to fully be on your stock firmware but it might be close enough for warranty purposes.

So here is my thinking. Flash the 1.32.405 ruu. Next flash your stock radio that came with your carrier via a pd98. Then root with visionary and use jkoljos easy radio tool to flash back your cid and get back son. Finally unroot with visionary and remove any traces of root like super user. I think that's as close as well be able to get if the nandroid doesn't work

suxelexus

Jul 31, 2010
Gold Coast
I thought about that. You won't be able to fully be on your stock firmware but it might be close enough for warranty purposes.

So here is my thinking. Flash the 1.32.405 ruu. Next flash your stock radio that came with your carrier via a pd98. Then root with visionary and use jkoljos easy radio tool to flash back your cid and get back son. Finally unroot with visionary and remove any traces of root like super user. I think that's as close as well be able to get if the nandroid doesn't work

Thanks for ur help mate ... haven't had a chance to try re install of this yet. If it isn't one thing its another, I did Eng s off and now my battery is dieing by like, 1-2% every minute, don't think its associated with Eng s off, but the battery coincidentally nearing its end. Then my charger died.
Alright so ill give it a go and post the outcome. Cheers dude. I think I have the vodafone splash screen downloaded so if so that's a plus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.