By Kelly0247, Junior Member on 16th April 2012, 04:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th April 2012, 07:34 AM |#11  
Retired Senior Moderator and Retired DC Lead - The Quiet One
Thanks Meter: 3,532

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly0247

I've noticed now that I am unable to view any of the files on my device after connecting it to my PC. Is there any way to correct this or would it be too much of headache for me to attempt?

Thanks again for all the help you have given.

Oh, and I didn't harm my child, but he does know that he is not allowed to play around with my electronic devices anymore.

Something might have happened to your /sdcard (your storage space on the Kindle Fire) when your son was playing around with it. If you aren't too concerned about what's on there, you can just try formatting or erasing the contents of it. When you hook it up to your Windows machine, it might ask if you want to format it. In that case, it's very likely that you wouldn't be able to recover it even if you wanted, so I would just go ahead and format it. Another way to do this would be to reset the device to factory defaults. You would lose all installed apps, books, etc. and have to re-enter all your network and Amazon information afterwards, but the process will bring the /sdcard on the Kindle Fire to roughly the same as it was when you got it. You can find it in settings -> devices -> reset to factory defaults (this is from memory, so the wording might be slightly different). It all really depends on what you are willing to lose on the device. If you don't care... just erase it and start over.

18th April 2012, 01:37 AM |#12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ok, i tried to reset the device to factory settings, but when it rebooted, it brought up the TWRP menu again. Any idea what else I can try?
18th April 2012, 01:49 AM |#13  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 2,555

More
I sent you a private message so you can get in touch with me for some live help if you need it.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to soupmagnet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift soupmagnet Ad-Free
18th April 2012, 04:26 PM |#14  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly0247

Ok, i tried to reset the device to factory settings, but when it rebooted, it brought up the TWRP menu again. Any idea what else I can try?

If you haven't gotten things working yet...

If you are in TWRP, try the WIPE -> SD Card option to get your storage space reformatted. You can then use the MOUNT button in TWRP and it should show up on your Windows desktop again.

Then to get rid of TWRP altogether, you can download the software update from Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200790620

Rather than follow the instructions on that page, rename the downloaded file to "update.zip" (without the quotes). You'll get a warning about file extensions... it's OK to change the name anyway. The file icon will change to a zippered folder after this. Copy the update.zip file over to your Kindle Fire.

Back in TWRP, hit the INSTALL button. Over in the right panel, you should see the update.zip file you transferred to the Kindle Fire. Touch that file name and you'll be able to continue installing that file onto your Kindle Fire. When it's done, you can reboot from the home menu.

It will take a few minutes for it to boot up for the first time, but when it's done, you should have a fresh, completely stock sytem and you'll be rid of TWRP.
The Following User Says Thank You to kinfauns For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kinfauns Ad-Free
22nd April 2012, 04:24 AM |#15  
OP Junior Member

More
This is an update to let you know that my Kindle is now back in perfect condition. Kinfauns, thank you so much for all the information and the attempts to help me fix this problem. Unfortunately, I needed more indepth help and wasn't able to correct my issues with the steps given.

Soupmagnet: Thank you, thank you, thank you, from the bottom of my heart for the many hours of trial and error that you spent helping me repair my device. Your patience with me was beyond belief and I will never be able to thank you enough!

You are totally AWESOME!!!!!
23rd April 2012, 05:15 AM |#16  

More
Please help.

I am also stuck on the TWRP screen.

When I:
1) Hook up my Kindle Fire to the computer and turn it on...let it boot to TWRP
2) Open the Kindle Fire Utility with the "run" file in the KFU folder
3) It registers "ADB Status: Online"
4) When I hit "1" for Normal it states:
"The system cannot find the drive specified.
The system cannot find the path specified.
"
"
"
"

What is the drive specified it is referring to?

Thank you.
23rd April 2012, 08:33 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeaDe135

Please help.

I am also stuck on the TWRP screen.

When I:
1) Hook up my Kindle Fire to the computer and turn it on...let it boot to TWRP
2) Open the Kindle Fire Utility with the "run" file in the KFU folder
3) It registers "ADB Status: Online"
4) When I hit "1" for Normal it states:
"The system cannot find the drive specified.
The system cannot find the path specified.
"
"
"
"

What is the drive specified it is referring to?

Thank you.

I *guess* it refers to the external Sd Card, since I got the same error.

In your case, since Adb status is online then just open a Terminal Emulator (cmd.exe in case of Windows) and change directoy to the tools folder inside Kfu, and run the command

adb shell idme bootmode 4000

Gửi từ Kindle Lửa của tôi qua Tapatalk 2
7th September 2012, 09:02 PM |#18  

More
Same Issue except I want to finish rooting it
I'm running Kindle Fire 6.3.1
I ran Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.6 and hit option 2, install permanent root with superuser.
The process went smoothly until i ran into this

/sbin/sh;idme:not found 808 kb/s (22364 bytes in 0.027s)
attempt to remove root check
please wait..

and it got stuck there (no screenshots...sorry)

At that time, my KF had rebooted with blue fire, then it loaded TWRP v2.20

Apparently the instructions I initially followed was for KFU v0.9.4 and I've been searching for 2 hours on what the next steps are.

I restarted my laptop (Sony VAIO VPCEA46F) and my KF through TWRP 'reboot' --->'power off'

I plugged in my KF and ran KFU now it says

ADB Status: Online
Boot Status: Unkown

And now I am stuck in TWRP Recovery with my thumb up my ass..

I know, I know... I'm a fool for not checking things before starting this process. I appreciate any help and I'll accept any and all insults.

Thanks!

Yiz
7th September 2012, 09:10 PM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yizzie09

I'm running Kindle Fire 6.3.1
I ran Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.6 and hit option 2, install permanent root with superuser.
The process went smoothly until i ran into this

/sbin/sh;idme:not found 808 kb/s (22364 bytes in 0.027s)
attempt to remove root check
please wait..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post31183986
8th September 2012, 04:23 PM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinfauns

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post31183986

Thanks, that helped. Ultimately my KF is rooted.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)