Car Charger?

Search This thread

beatdroppah

Apr 3, 2011
Indiana
anyone know where to get a decent Car Charger for the cappy?

preferably, one that isnt 40 bucks, like the one ATT wants you to get..ive ordered several off Amazon, but they are all junk, and work for about 5 minutes, then never work again. and it seems, as much on-the-go as i am nowadays, itd come in handy,

Oct 31, 2011
I scored one off the bay for like 10 bucks shipped. It's an OEM ATT with an extra USB port. Working great after a few months of use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

bw987

Mar 28, 2011
I'd also recommend getting a something that has a USB connection and use that instead of something just for the device.

However, before I really thought about it I did by one. It works fine & has worked fine for a number of months now. Its around 5 bucks on amazon. Look for "Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger".

RDI

Mar 21, 2006
Tampa, FL
www.RDI.us
You should be aware that in order for the Samsung Captivate (or Samsung Tablet) to charge at the fastest rate (Charging AC) the "data pins" need to be "shorted". This could be done in the USB port or in the cable. It is not enough to just have enough mA. I do recommend getting something with 2100mA. This way you may charge anything. We do sell a 2100mA USB Car Charger ($7.99 plus shipping) but it doesn't have the data pins shorted.
There is one factory overseas getting ready to release a 2100mA USB Car Charger with 2 USB ports, one setup for Apple & one setup for Samsung. They are also working on a AC adapter - dual USB 2100mA.

Sent from my Samsung Captivate running ICS 4.0.4 Nostalgia b31 v5.4

Alex2a

Apr 22, 2012
I used a micro-USB charger.
and chargers which are sold on Ebay for $ 2, it's not a good idea.
Because I used 2 of these chargers and they are burned.
Now I bought a little longer with the cable Micro USB, and it works better.