Sunscape

Search This thread
S

SevenRains

Project Orphaned and/or looking for main developer!

First of all I'd like to say thank you to the community of people who helped bring Sunscape this far. The people from xda developers, as well as those who joined in the meanwhile make this forum an excellent place to start, maintain, develop and most importantly test any type of software.

Sadly, I lack the resources, for example time, to continue my development of Sunscape. During the time I've been writing and testing this program I have tried to provide an alternative to what we already have on the market. I'm currently looking to orphan the project and/or find a main developer to co-author the program. Perhaps somebody with more talent, will and desire to continue Sunscape.

Thus, if there's anybody willing to either take up the whole project and move on with it, or be the main developer of this project with my assistance, I would very much be interrested. Please let me know, I'll keep checking my messages to see if somebody is interested. Thank you!

-*-

[About]
Sunscape is an opensource alternative to the iPhone lock. Sunscape tries to allow the user to fully configure the screen locker down to the very last details as well as maintaining a small memory footprint and trying to be as compatible as possible with very many different devices.

[Requirements]
This app has been tested on an Axim x51v and by a couple of people reporting it to be stable enough. It's ongoing development so I appreciate any kind of complaint, suggestion, bug, code modification or anything else you'd like to do. These are the minimum requirements:

• Windows Mobile 5 onward (sorry wm2003 users out there)
  • Compact Framework 2.0

[Features]

• R2U (rub to unlock) and S2U (slide to unlock)
  • vga/qvga anything, depends what you configure it to be!
  • fully configurable interface (including graphics etc...) based on a documented XML file with configuration tool.
  • on screen display for time, date, appointments, alarms.
  • on screen display of battery, messages, notes, emails, signal, weather, etc...
  • uses pressure-points instead of "slide to unlock", future releases will include other nifty ways to unlock based on touch.
  • has a small memory footprint and triggers based on time and load opposed to OEM "backlight" triggers.
  • can hotswap portrait vs landscape, ie, it will automatically switch to landscape or portrait mode on supported devices.
  • has separate configuration options for both modes portrait and landscape.
  • supports fully configurable full screen callerID and answer or reject by reaching a pressure point.

[Themes]

attachment.php

attachment.php

Pipboy_v5 [ including aussiebum's WVGA version - you will need the latest cab file for this theme ]
---------------*---------------
master athlon's Guess Who
---------------*---------------​
sempixel's Squared Nature [ you can find the French version there too ]
ruebyi's GANT
sansnil's Galaxy

[Artwork]
-Arturo-'s icons:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2661130&postcount=290

[Download]
Stable releases are those who were thoroughly tested by several people. They don't contain the latest features, modifications or bugfixes but they are bound to work and be compatible with the themes you've seen above. Snapshot releases are development releases with new features and enhancements and are thus prone to not work correctly. In either case, if you've found a bug, please report it and I'll fix it asap!

Top most is the most recent version! Please note that themes may not work unless the developers have updated to the new Sunscape.xml! If you post bug reports please post them for the top most version in the list below. The others below the top most are there just for history purpose. Please download the top most as it contains the recent changes and bugfixes.
http://rapidshare.com/files/183247195/Sunscape-200901153518.CAB
http://rapidshare.com/files/182773208/Sunscape-200901135412.CAB
http://rapidshare.com/files/182252995/Sunscape-200901113323.CAB
http://rapidshare.com/files/180096023/Sunscape-200901050420.CAB
http://rapidshare.com/files/176931910/Sunscape-200812262915.CAB
http://rapidshare.com/files/176471326/Sunscape-200812244521.CAB
http://rapidshare.com/files/175074378/Sunscape-200812203906.CAB

[ SVN ]
You can always grab the latest SVN version from HERE. Please note that this will change in time and is considered the most unstable version of Sunscape. If you just want to browse the repository, you can do so HERE.

[TODO]
I included this section to easily track feature requests and stuff that must be done.

- Gestures (should be done, will take a bit of modifications to the core, no planned date yet).
- Show in front of password/locker screen.

[Changes]
current:

• Included S2U functionality (currently supported on the PipBoy theme).
  • Text centering on gadget display.
  • Option to use other font styles bold, italic etc...
  • Add option to create shortcut in Windows\StartUp through Sunscape Config.
  • Added remote control utility to control Sunscape.
  • Switched to memory resident mode, faster and more stable.
0.4:

• Switched to SVN/Snapshot system.
  • Added signal gadget.
  • Revamped code, cleaner, tidier, faster...
  • Added application exceptions: you can set when Sunscape won't lock the screen. Useful, ie: a GPS application is running and you wan't Sunscape to play nice and not lock the screen.
  • Switched to our own process manager, bye bye PID files!
  • Added Sunscape-effect for real time wallpaper transitions.
  • Added single color transparency.
  • Added volume gauge.
  • Fix for true newlines in appointments and phone strings.
  • Fix for VK code handling, switched to hard-coded values for better compatibility.
  • Implemented exit on answer call.
  • Added month number in appointment section.
  • Added alarm and reminder handling, Sunscape now silently lets the system handle priority windows.
  • Added nickname and middle name to phone format options.
  • Fixed phone handling, it should now get the caller contact properly.
  • Added localization settings.
  • Boosted startup speed.
  • Fixed day of week handling, it now displays correctly.
  • Added current battery level in percent on the battery gauge.
  • Fix for not locking while phone call active (uh, why didn't it work before?).
  • Sunscape Config now properly scales on SIP.
  • Changed unstable release system to YMDmh for better management.
  • Added drop-shadow for fonts.
  • Fixed centering. You can now have X = 0.

[More]
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sunscape/

[Alternates]
http://www.touch-innovation.com/details-66-1/
http://www.sevenrains.ro/index.php?q=sunscape

[Install]

• If you downloaded the CAB file, just copy to your device and install as normal. In case you've downloaded the stable version, you'll find the CAB file in SunscapeCAB/Release and you can copy it to your device and install.
  • You will have three utilities installed: Sunscape - this is the main program and, when launched, will stay resident until the CPU Threshold is below the configured value; Sunscape Remote - this utility will help you control Sunscape while it is running; Sunscape Unlock - this will turn off Sunscape completely; Sunscape Config - this is the main configuration tool including some documentation. However, if you wish to theme for Sunscape, please refer to the Sunscape.xml file since it's a bit more detailed.

[Uninstall]

Please first run Sunscape Unlock.exe and then uninstall. Also, if you've created a shortcut with Sunscape Config, please remove it from either Sunscape Config or from the \Windows\Startup folder.

[Credits]
I'd like to thank A_C for being an inspiration, the guys at ppcwarez who were very helpful in accommodating my first release as well as testing it. Also many thanks to this thread and xda-developers for their useful comments and feedback that made this application come alive. I'd also like to thank master athlon, sempixel and ruebyi for their nice themes, -Arthuro- for the nice visible icons. Thank you!

Attachments

• themeImages1.jpg
    themeImages1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 8,218
  • themeImages2.jpg
    themeImages2.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 7,943
Last edited:

master athlon

Dec 24, 2007
dang it, it doesnt work for me! i get The file 'Sunscape' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its componets...etc. any idea as to why this might happen. using ETEN M600 w/ Kozhura's WM6.1 ROM

Last edited:
S

SevenRains

pilgrim011:

Compact Framework 2.0 or higher installed?

master athlon:

Tough one! Usually happens if some component is not found... Like pilgrim011, please check you have Compact Framework 2.0 or higher installed... There shouldn't be a pretty solid reason it doesn't run, it runs fine on a ETEN Glofish X800.

nir36:

Thanks :) Please let me know what works and what doesn't...

lepsyfou:

Thanks for testing!

S

SevenRains

Hmm, tried a hard reset on a TyTN II - works...

Installed to storage card or device? Install to storage card doesn't work.

EDIT: It would be helpful if you can say what that error actually is...

Last edited:
S

SevenRains

dang it, it doesnt work for me! i get The file 'Sunscape' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its componets...etc. any idea as to why this might happen. using ETEN M600 w/ Kozhura's WM6.1 ROM

I think we have the resolution - if you installed it to storage card, try installing it to main storage. :)

master athlon

Dec 24, 2007
done did that

I think we have the resolution - if you installed it to storage card, try installing it to main storage. :)

i installed it to the main storage, not the storage card. but i'll try to see what i can do about compact framework, although Kozhura's rom should already have CF 2.0 in there. thx for your help though.

EDIT: ok i installed Compact Framework 3.5 and it works! thx for the help Seven. i'll test and post back here looking forward to updates.

Last edited:
S

SevenRains

i installed it to the main storage, not the storage card. but i'll try to see what i can do about compact framework, although Kozhura's rom should already have CF 2.0 in there. thx for your help though.

EDIT: ok i installed Compact Framework 3.5 and it works! thx for the help Seven. i'll test and post back here looking forward to updates.

No, thank you for testing! :) If you have any special wishes, modifications, ideas, bug reports, stuff you don't like or anything else for that matter, please post them and I'll fix/add them to the next release paying the respective credits of course!

master athlon

Dec 24, 2007
No, thank you for testing! :) If you have any special wishes, modifications, ideas, bug reports, stuff you don't like or anything else for that matter, please post them and I'll fix/add them to the next release paying the respective credits of course!

no prob, happy to test for you ;) . everything works good, its fast, stable, no crashes. although i have some request :rolleyes:: 12hr clock option & lock on wakeup.

S

SevenRains

no prob, happy to test for you ;) . everything works good, its fast, stable, no crashes. although i have some request :rolleyes:: 12hr clock option & lock on wakeup.

Great! Ok, about the 12hr clock - doesn't it respect the regional settings? ie: if you've set your pda to 12hr clock doesn't it respect that? If not - I'll add a 12hr option in the configuration file. Easily done! :)

Lock on wakeup - Ok here's the thing. The previous version went exactly that way but I moved away from that for two reasons:

1.) The code was overly proprietary - believe it or not but it's like... very hard to tell when a power event is triggered. Ok not hard, but it MAY happen that different device types send different codes. I implemented it using the standard WM_BACKLIGHT_OFF on an Axim51v and to my surprise it wasn't working on an Eten (figures it used another code).

2.) The previous version was a bit slow - it happened that I wanted to turn on my phone to access some files quickly and instead of turning on quickly and accessing the files I was sitting there watching the screen lock... Annoying indeed!

In both cases, I'll see if there's some way around it (ie: to not use power events) and lock the screen on startup through some option in the configuration file.

Thanks again!

bluejay

Jun 8, 2006
Vienna
Not working

I hope i did really everything right but i get a unhandeld exception occured.

Hermes 300 offical WM6 German Version.
Installed on main memory

then i installed NET3.5 with reboot.

no way -> unhandeld exception

Last edited:

master athlon

Dec 24, 2007
Time: no for some reason it doesnt respect the regional settings, i have mine set to US Central time, and it shows up with 24 hour clock regardless.

Lock: no big deal, i know what you mean about staring at the screen, i had the same prob with S2U2, thats why i dont use it anymore, but thanks for the heads up.