[ROM] Abduction ICS (V1.81 -Update 3/12/2012)

Wich launcher do you think should be included?

• Apex Launcher

Votes: 73 32.2%
  • Nova Launcher

Votes: 57 25.1%
  • Stock Launcher

Votes: 40 17.6%
  • All of them

Votes: 57 25.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

omniatic

Oct 15, 2009
Milwaukee
Any help appreciated. Haven't updated kernal. Is there one that might give slightly better battery life? What is everyone using? and with what results.

Thanks
rstandi
Chad and Tiny posted two test versions of Incredikernel with HWA. I'm on test 6 and am getting excellent battery life and no issues. Test 6 and 7 are towards the end of the Incredikernel thread.

user_error

Sep 9, 2010
Does anyone else feel the music player's maximum loudness is not loud enough outdoors? And the screen's maximum brightness not bright enough outdoors?

I go for walks listening to audio books and both these things bother me quite a bit. I am wondering if I should try a stock ROM to see if it works any better in these departments.

Comments?

For the brightness, IDK - I am sure you can toy with settings. Mine has dust under the glass so that kind of screws me being able to see anything with any light on the screen.

But for the volume issue, get IncrediControl and I believe this rom already runs one of the IncrediKernels - open that and under General check the box for Audio Boost. It helps. It can also make your speaker crackle if your call volume is up 100% after a few months, so don't have it up at 100% by default (set-able under Sound in main settings menu). That is what I did. I switched back to 7.2 though recently because I lost my internal speaker for some reason and I thought it might have been the rom (it was not). It recently came back though out of the blue.

I am curious if there are better settings than default for the screen to squeeze more readability in bright light though.

Reactions: yelloguy

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
I've had no problems logging in there (using tapatalk). Not much activity recently, though. Hope all is well with Hanger.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

He got a Rezound but hopes to have more time devving for the Inc now that it's not his active phone. Hopefully he'll be able to pick up for you guys.

Any word about what is going on at AndroidPassion? Have not been able to get in for quite a while.

Sent from my Incredible using XDA

Are you using a bookmark?

They updated some stuff recently and urls that were previously of the form:
http://androidpassions.com/forum/index.php/topic/...
are now
http://androidpassions.com/forum//topic/...

"index.php" has been removed, but note that there's still a double forward slash (SynisterWolf is in the process of fixing that part though)

If you're having some other problem, I can't help ya. The site seems to be working for me.

EDIT: The double forward slash part seems to be fixed now too...

Last edited:
I can't connect on the Verizon network for some reason but I've had no issues on wifi. I hope hanger comes back soon, the rom was getting to great places

Ditto about Verizon network and wifi. odd...

Also ditto about Hanger! The last ROM I used as a daily was nearly done when the dev abandoned it when he got a new phone. I am hoping that history does not repeat.

Sent from my Incredible using XDA

Working as much as I can on an update. No, I haven't abandoned this ROM or the Inc....I've just been extremely busy lately.

I finally got my Rezound, as Tiny mentioned....so now I can spend more time working on the ROM and testing it than previously.

Many folks wishes will be granted soon with the lock screen, as that's what I've been working on this morning. Here's an inverted teaser to hopefully satisfy folks =D

ic_lockscreen_handle_pressed1.png

The color is inverted since white on white isn't very visible lol

Sorry for not having the 1.8 update out last night, I went almost 36 hours without sleep working it and other things here at home and crashed around 1pm yesterday and slept until sometime around 9am today.

I'll be working on the finishing touches today and I definitely will have it up this evening. I got a few things I need to do first before I can finish up on it, mainly the lock screen mod and removing Beats (I'll be adding it back eventually, or Dolby Audio enhancement)

prchohan

Mar 31, 2008
Thanks Hanger.....can you plz remove the blue Android on incoming call as well? I think you mentioned a while ago that you had that fix ready? Thanks much.

orfius christ

Mar 16, 2012
Sorry for not having the 1.8 update out last night, I went almost 36 hours without sleep working it and other things here at home and crashed around 1pm yesterday and slept until sometime around 9am today.

I'll be working on the finishing touches today and I definitely will have it up this evening. I got a few things I need to do first before I can finish up on it, mainly the lock screen mod and removing Beats (I'll be adding it back eventually, or Dolby Audio enhancement)

Thank you Hanger!

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA

Cellulah

Dec 17, 2009
Okay, who knocked this down a star. :mad: Someone's been going through these threads and rating them all one star; stupid trolls.
Keep up the great work Hanger, thanks for the update!

Last edited:
Okay, who knocked this down a star. :mad: Someone's been going through these threads and rating them all one star; stupid trolls.
Keep up the great work Hanger, thanks for the update!

I think the fact that there are (as of this writing) only 8 votes should tell you that nobody really pays any attention to (or cares about) those star ratings.

That said, I just added a 5 star vote.

P.S. Hanger has apparently changed his name on AP to "Honey Badger." Hanger, you crazy.

Last edited:

s22lane

Oct 15, 2010
How do I change keyboards ? Sorry for dumb question. I want to use swype. :confused:

Sent from my Incredible using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

By default, Android 4.0 has a thingamabob that pops up in the notification bar any time the keyboard is open. You use this to change keyboards (like long pressing the text area in previous versions of Android). I believe this is disabled by default in Abduction, which is where your confusion comes from...

So, since it's not there, there are 3 ways to switch to swype...
  1. Enable it (and select it) through the Swype installer. This is likely the easiest option, provided you still have the installer installed.
  2. Through ROM Control, you can enable that control I mentioned above that shows up whenever the keyboard is active.
  3. Just do it through settings... this is where that notifications bar control takes you anyway. I'm sorry I don't know the exact path to that settings page (I have very temporarily switched back to gingerbread) but it probably says something like language and keyboard... I'm sure you can find it.

Hopefully that helps. Sorry for the lack of detail in some spots, but I'm sure if you were competent enough to root and flash this ROM, you should be able to find the setting now that I've (hopefully) pointed you in the right direction.

s22lane

Oct 15, 2010
Thank u very much. I'm going to try now. I really appreciate the help.

Sent from my Incredible using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ladies and gentlemen!

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!

Abduction: The 4th Kind is live and in the wild!

http://androidrevolutions.com/topic/324-rom-abduction-the-4th-kind-v10-6302012/

Until next week, that is the only place you will be able to find it!

And for those that complain about it being posted on another site, here's how I'm going to release it:

Release Schedule:
    AndroidRevolutions.com - 6/30
    DragonDevs.com - 7/7
    XDA - 7/7 (7/14)

I'll be posting the ROM on XDA next Saturday depending on how many people start giving me crap for not posting it here first/sooner or whatever. Neo has been a good friend to me, and everyone at Android Revolutions has been great to me and helped encourage me as well as help me out with this ROM.
    Working on 1.86 today....skipped 1.85 since I rebased to the newest AOKP build. No audio enhancements will be included this time other than DSP. I'm going to be including PureMotives battery tweaks, the camera tweaks, and the GPS tweak.

It's just about ready for release other than a few graphics things that need to be done. If anyone is good with Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, or Gimp, let me know, got a couple things that need a little work for the ROM.

I'm adding in some other tweaks and things to the ROM as well. Keep and eye out for the new test build soon. Also going to be releasing another ROM this week that's a port, if anyone wants to check it out as well.
    So, I have some AWESOME news....at least I think it is! Since I can't stop making more work for myself, here's a slight preview at something to come that's related to Abduction ICS: The 4th kind!

Also, me and Hakarune have been working on the boot animation tonight to get it perfected and my chin is still on the floor at how awesome this boot animation is turning out! I should have a test build ready in a few hours that I'll post here and on my site, as well as Android Revolutions! Also, keep in mind this will be a slightly rough test build, but mostly a small preview of the changes made to the rom.

*EDIT* Well, after pulling an all nighter, the new test build is just moments away from being ready. I'm going to do one more final, personal test and if nothing immediate sticks out, I'll be uploading it and posting the links here and on my blog......then probably get some sleep lol

Also, this final personal test will let me know what version to set it as.....since it's highly likely that this will FINALLY be a new 2.0+ build....now that AOKP supports it in part....well see how the kernel meshes with it.

*EDIT 2* SON OF A NUTCRACKER! I broke WiFi.....might take a bit to get it working again :(

*EDIT 3* Well, WiFi works now, making a couple build.prop tweaks, then uploading the new build.....HWA is partial, Chrome works, but Youtube is still broke. On a big plus though, the ROM is the fastest it's ever been....or at least is seems that way to me. I'll work on getting youtube working again after I get some sleep.

*EDIT 4* New test build is up! Here's the links:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...ction-ICS/Test-Roms/Abduction-ICS_V1.88a4.zip
    http://goo.im/devs/Hanger84/Incredible/Abduction-ICS/Test-Roms/Abduction-ICS_V1.88a4.zip

Enjoy! I know there's a little graphics bug on the lock screen.....nothing major and nothing that will mess with being able to unlock the phone or change the lock screen options....I'll be working on it later today after I get some sleep.

Forgot to mention, I added in PureMotives battery tweaks. To enable them, go into ROM Control, check Enable start-up tweaks, and Enable sysctl. Later today when I work on the rom some more, I'm going to try to enable this by default.