[Stock Rom] [ICS 4.0.3] Acer_A100_AV041_1.014.00_COM_GEN1

Search This thread

jamesolo

Aug 26, 2007
do you have google chrome? that's what I used....translated the page to english...entered in the code....waited for the download to load up (like 5 seconds)...and bam..downloaded...just tried it again and it worked fine...

Thanks. But Google translate does not give the verification image. The normal page does not pop up the download window...

But downloading now, from the dropbox link.

Sent from my A100 using xda premium

dansul

Apr 18, 2012
Europe
Pardon my skepticism, but how can I trust you that this is indeed an untouched stock rom ?

Last edited:

goofball2k

Oct 5, 2010
Ottawa
If I install this from stock HC but wanted to roll back to get the OTA version, do I need to do anything special to reload stock HC?

masr1979

Apr 5, 2006
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
Pardon my skepticism, but how can I trust you that this is indeed an untouched stock rom ?

Check his track record, he has released quite a few things already. In the end though, you can't trust him, nor any other source online.

Still... others have taken the leap and have so far not reported kidnappings, massive power outages, nuke strikes, broken nails, or crying babies, so you "SHOULD" be ok :p

illego

Aug 12, 2010

Why are you even on this site if you are worry about that? Is there any reason one faceless online person is more trustworthy then another? This site is mainly dedicated to hacking and modding android.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

linuxman008

Apr 9, 2011
Whats the verdict on touch screen guys. There's an app called TouchUtil for testing. On HC and all other ICS the touch screen loses connection with your finger. The app will allow you to test this. Test needs to be done with tablet on a table or bed with just 1 finger on screen to test touch. Thanks guys

Heres the issue

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

I updated two tabs to stock ICS today. The first was going from the latest leak to stock, and the other from 3.2.1 to stock. Neither of these tabs experience this problem anymore. Tested with TouchUtil. Though before the build.prop edit on 3.2.1, they both used to experience it. But now, neither does :D

Sent from my Bad-Ass Acer Iconia Tab a100

baallrog

Jul 19, 2007
I updated two tabs to stock ICS today. The first was going from the latest leak to stock, and the other from 3.2.1 to stock. Neither of these tabs experience this problem anymore. Tested with TouchUtil. Though before the build.prop edit on 3.2.1, they both used to experience it. But now, neither does :D

Hello,

Can you please post a video of it ?
For me the problem still occured but not often.

illego

Aug 12, 2010
No problem here. Games like Shadowgun and Seigecraft that were unplayable before due to touchscreen issues, works fine now.

NoSudo

Feb 2, 2012
Kalifornia
+1 with these 2 questions!

I would NOT just flash this over unless ZeroNull has removed the bootloader.blob already. If you have an unlocked bootloader and/or CWM installed you will want to remove the bootloader.blob and anything that relates to formating recovery etc in the install scripts of the update or I would think you will end up with a locked bootloader again, and maybe worse.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007

Thanks. Gonna give this rom a try. I'll post a video if it also fixes it on mine.

UPDATE: Seems to have fixed some of the games having touch issue like angry birds but it didnt 100% fix the touch screen issue. Using touchutil if I run finger fast across the screen I see several breaks. Doing it really slow seems to be better. If I hold the tablet with the other hand then it doesnt skip. So seems the issue is still there. Another real world test, I tried browsing with the tablet on my carpet and with just 1 finger i started scrolling and notice that some times it would zoom in even if Im not pinching or double tapping. Also in Netflix if I scroll through the selections it sometimes will think I'm trying to select. Again not an issue if I'm holding the tablet with the other hand while scrolling with the other.

Update 2: It seems its getting better the more I play with it, so I will let it be for a few days.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

dms76

Sep 28, 2009
Akron, OH
I have CWM and the last leak of Acer_AV041_A100_1.012.00_WW_GEN1 with root. Is there a link somewhere that tells me how to remove the bootloader.blob and whatever else I may need to remove so that I can install this update?

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
I have CWM and the last leak of Acer_AV041_A100_1.012.00_WW_GEN1 with root. Is there a link somewhere that tells me how to remove the bootloader.blob and whatever else I may need to remove so that I can install this update?

Just use an archive tool (preferable 7-Zip) to open the file and delete the "bootloader.blob" file from it.

NoSudo

Feb 2, 2012
Kalifornia
Just use an archive tool (preferable 7-Zip) to open the file and delete the "bootloader.blob" file from it.

I don't think that is all you would have to do to flash this from cwm without losing cwm/bricking. This is stock ROM not a custom ROM. What I mean is the files are still odexed. Also if you look in /recovery inside the update.zip I bet it's going to have a recovery-from-boot and etc/install-recovery.sh. I have never tried to modify a ROM before flashing it, but I would think at the least you want to remove /recovery/etc/install-recovery.sh or edit/comment out the commands inside the script. I'm also guessing you may need to de-odex the files first, and then you are back to what I believe would then be classified as a custom ROM.

----Edit------
I'm not sure because I the link doesn't seem to work.(yes translating into English) The only thing I get after entering is an offer to install some plug-in which I have no interest in trying.

Last edited:

neonjam

Nov 22, 2008
Upgraded from stock rooted honeycomb to this, using zn stuff I was able to reroot, unlock boot loader and install twrp with no problems. Build.prop for ics change worked fine, touch screen works better than HC but still not perfect. Will probably try crossix's recalibrate stuff next but I'm not in a hurry

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA

illego

Aug 12, 2010
I don't think that is all you would have to do. This is stock ROM not a custom ROM. What I mean is the files are still odexed. Also if you look in /recovery inside the update.zip I bet it's going to have a recovery-from-boot and etc/install-recovery.sh. I have never tried to modify a ROM before flashing it, but I would think at the least you want to remove /recovery/etc/install-recovery.sh or edit/comment out the commands inside the script. I'm also guessing you may need to de-odex the files first, and then you are back to what I believe would then be classified as a custom ROM.

----Edit------
I'm not sure because I the link doesn't seem to work.(yes translating into English) The only thing I get after entering is an offer to install some plug-in which I have no interest in trying.

All I did was remove the bootloader.blob with 7zip and flash with CMW. I did do a full format of /data and /system before and everything worked fine. Just added the sd swap file and restored my apps with Titanium backup.

As I mentioned earlier it did mess up the recovery in CMW. The touch recovery works fine though. Would be a better idea to flash the touch recovery first before flashing this update.

As to the link:
1) enter captcha and go to the next screen
2) uncheck the little checkbox (seems to disappear if you translate it)
3) Click on the link to download.

Reactions: NoSudo

cheeb

Dec 17, 2006
Acer Ring

So I spoke to an acer rep in regards to the Acer Ring coming to the A100...I had a longer convo than what you see typed but long and short...the rep said there will continue to be updates and acer ring will be coming to a100...not sure why it wasn't just put in in the first place

Reactions: NoSudo

NoSudo

Feb 2, 2012
Kalifornia
All I did was remove the bootloader.blob with 7zip and flash with CMW. I did do a full format of /data and /system before and everything worked fine. Just added the sd swap file and restored my apps with Titanium backup.

As I mentioned earlier it did mess up the recovery in CMW. The touch recovery works fine though. Would be a better idea to flash the touch recovery first before flashing this update.

As to the link:
1) enter captcha and go to the next screen
2) uncheck the little checkbox (seems to disappear if you translate it)
3) Click on the link to download.

Good to know. I'm still playing with Civato's ROM while I consider the options. I'm using CWM but it's the one that comes with Acer Recovery Installer. I've been sticking with it because I'm new to Android(not Linux) and it seems to use the external SD card as default and I read something about incompatability between the format twrp uses vs cwm. No idea if it matters. I just try to be careful since I couldn't afford to replace my device if I brick at the moment.

Did you remove "/recovery" from the update when you removed "bootloader.blob"? I wonder if that's could be what happend to your bootloader.

What happened with your bootloader and what did you do to recover?(feel free to just link post if I am missing it)

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

So I spoke to an acer rep in regards to the Acer Ring coming to the A100...I had a longer convo than what you see typed but long and short...the rep said there will continue to be updates and acer ring will be coming to a100...not sure why it wasn't just put in in the first place

I was going to try installing the Acer Ring apk from sd card and maybe some of the other acer apk files included in Civato's ROM eventually if nothing else. It's good to hear they will be adding it. I like that feature allot.

I suppose once you make a good backup you could just try getting it to work that way. I used the apk files out of various ROMs to get some of the apps I wanted without a backup.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The decoded official version ICS for A100:
    Acer_AV041_A100_1.014.00_WW_GEN1

Rename in update.zip. It is put through official recovery.
    +1 for this request.
    Here you go...

http : // dl.dropbox.com/u/18078671/Acer_AV041_A100_1.014.00_WW_GEN1.zip

(remove the spaces in the link because I'm not allowed to post links as a new user)
    Was wondering why we didn't get the Acer Ring and face unlock? I thought we will get Acer Ring with the official update.
    I will ty to fix a rom of this version you can flash with custom cwm and that got the ring.
    But only if I find some time.
    Went on a flashing binge today. Started with cm9 and cmw this morning. Flashed flexreaper r2 from cm9 with no problem.

Saw this release so I downloaded it. Open it with 7zip and removed the bootloader.blob . Used cmw to flash this and the zip without the bootloader. It flashed fined. However, it broke cmw. Once it finished installing, the power button will no longer work in cmw to select. Held down power button to shutdown and reboot. Came up fine with everything working. Reroot with zero null root method. Had to install superuser from market to get root to work probably though.

Tried to reinstall cmw recovery from ad but no luck. All you see when you go into recovery is the dead android with the red symbol. Luckily the touch recovery zero null posted works (ZN you are my hero on this forum).

Crossix's SD swap works fine in this update. Haven't played with it long enough to see of the touch pad issue is fixed.

You can probably go straight from cm9 but be aware that cmw recovery will be screwed up. I have not tried the Thor recovery so i don't know if that works.

Hope that helps somebody.

Edit. Looks like the touch pad issue is fixed. Shadow gun working properly now among other games.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk