[S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dmunseyautotech

Jul 6, 2011
Greenville,S.C.
Since having S-off I went to install another rom and could not get my phone to boot up. After finally using adb to wipe device and all partition I had to also use adb to re-install recovery. I have tried to flash every rom on here without success using cwm and ext 4 recovery. I'm not a noob and am very experienced in adb and can not get my phone past the HTC screen nomatter what I do. Anyone else in the same boat.

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
Since having S-off I went to install another rom and could not get my phone to boot up. After finally using adb to wipe device and all partition I had to also use adb to re-install recovery. I have tried to flash every rom on here without success using cwm and ext 4 recovery. I'm not a noob and am very experienced in adb and can not get my phone past the HTC screen nomatter what I do. Anyone else in the same boat.

Try and flash a kernel in fastboot after flashing a ROM.

jcorv58

Dec 8, 2010

Who needs sleep when we have s-off, right? I went ahead and did it anyway, success after about 5 tries. Thanks again for sending the file. Anyone else accidentally slip and trigger the flash? Lol, I thought maybe I had a stroke at that point :eek: everything seems to be working still, although I get slow startup with sense now...?

2kwic25

Dec 13, 2010

try this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1612451 instead of adb worked for me after i got s-off and couldnt boot or flash the kernal as hassoon said

dmunseyautotech

Jul 6, 2011
Greenville,S.C.
I have tried all of the above....even before I posted. Somethings not right. Never had problems like this. I have flashed the hell out of over twenty phones hundred of times. Can't get it to boot. Should have left it alone S-on was actually not that big a deal it worked then.

electronicrice

Apr 18, 2007
Chandler, AZ
Once you have s-off, you DO NOT need an unlocked bootloader. Maybe I misunderstood the way he presented the question...or maybe you did. Either way, you don't need an unlocked bootloader if you have s-off

Well obviously you don't need to unlock the bootloader again once you have S-Off, but it must be done first in order to use Control Bear. The way I read it was that instead of unlocking the bootloader through HTCDev, could he just bypass that and go straight to S-Off. And my reply was that no, you need to unlock the bootloader first in order to S-Off the device.

Anyway, I don't really care, was just trying to correct any misunderstanding.

hyperkamote

Aug 28, 2009
Binan
I have tried all of the above....even before I posted. Somethings not right. Never had problems like this. I have flashed the hell out of over twenty phones hundred of times. Can't get it to boot. Should have left it alone S-on was actually not that big a deal it worked then.

Read my previous Post here.. Happened exactly the same, just try to flash other roms and recovery combination.. for mine what i did is using Mike's ROM version 1.1.0 and the official Clockwork by Kush.. recover my phone for not booting... just make sure have a plenty of charge since Kush's recovery have a broken charging while off..

MildewMan

Dec 25, 2010
Saint Louis, MO

What version of 4EXT have you used to try this? You tried what hasoon suggested (rebooting to bootloader after flashing rom and using the kernel flasher from PC)? What kind of "wire" did you use when getting S-OFF?

Pulsewave

Jan 23, 2012
Here
so is it just me, or is the wire trick a pain in the neck to pull off? i got a nice short piece of solid core insulated wire and still cant get it right...

on top of that my phone refuses to boot now, just goes right to the download sign, hboot still works so i guess i can always re RUU it worst case

any tips?

E: of course the moment I complain is the moment it finally works, awesome!

Last edited:

dmunseyautotech

Jul 6, 2011
Greenville,S.C.
I have tried every recovery every rom from here and x's site with no luck. I did install the modified hboot during s-off don't know if that related to those having problems and those not.

ziggy46

Aug 18, 2011
Chambersburg, Pa
I have tried every recovery every rom from here and x's site with no luck. I did install the modified hboot during s-off don't know if that related to those having problems and those not.

what kind of wire did you use? if it was un-insulated you could have shorted the phone...

also, didnt you say you formatted the partitions? could you have scrambled the partiton tables? :confused:

dmunseyautotech

Jul 6, 2011
Greenville,S.C.
Insulated wire. The phone booted up fine after the process. Used it for an hour or so. After that went to instal another rom and now nothing will work. I appreciate the feedback, but I have tried everything that has been mentioned before I started posting. Tried every recovery, every rom, tried flashing from adb, flashing from amaze tool with different recoverys and different kernels, wiping and rebooting between each. Going to bed now. I think my amaze days are over been nothing but a hassle. On the bright side my phone is S-OFF....lmfao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions and Downloads:

http://unlimited.io/juopunutbear.htm

Support:

Support for our tools is via IRC channel #unlimited on freenode ONLY. If you do not have an IRC client you can use this link.

We DO NOT provide support, instructions, or downloads via XDA. Please see our website: http://unlimited.io

Using how-to guides, "kits" and using other instructions on XDA to S-OFF your device is not recommended and will not be supported by Team Unlimited. If you want the best experience and results - go direct to the source. Dealing with support issues through the forums is inefficient and posts may get lost in long support threads, of which we would have too many to actively monitor. We have therefore decided that all support should be through our IRC channel. This will allow us to help you in real-time and through the whole process.

**You may not redistribute nor link directly to any of our tools without the expressed consent of Team Unlimited. We DO NOT authorize any dev use of our tools within other kits or tools.**
    Place your Prerequisites
    on the main page of your site... Simple[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Stop your *****in... Its your fault you didn't take precaution and read the instructions. Stop blaming this on the people that put there hard work into giving you s off just because you ****ed up
    This works great, will donate my pledge since my Amaze is now s-off!! First thing I did was flash this splash...NO MOAR WHITE!!!!

uwuQU.png

It is attached, unzip and then it be can flashed via fastboot;

Code:
    fastboot splash splash1 splash_black.img
    I think having the proper "tools" makes this really simple... also the timing... so here let me try and help those who are having some issues...

1. there are normally two sizes of paper clip, large and small, if you can find a small paper clip with plastic coating this is ideal... keeping the paper clip "flat" just kind of "unroll" it open, then just strip 1/4" off each end, now bend the shortest end 90 degrees down, then bend the paper clip to be "open" from the 90 degree tip, to the other end to be wide enough that you can stick the bent part into the hole, and then just by "rocking" the paper clip a little you can touch the other end to the ground point... now you are ready
    2. if you're really worried about the plastic not being enough insulation then use something like electrical tape where you will grip the paper clip, or use a small potato chip bag clip to hold the paper clip with
    3. start the program
    4. go ahead and stick the bent end of the paper clip in the hole, but DON'T TOUCH THE GROUND yet...
    5. wait for the prompt to do the wire trick
    6. touch and swipe the end of the paper clip across the ground, if you don't hear the sound from USB connect/disconnect then you haven't gotten the first touch to "connect" keep trying until you hear this sound
    7. AFTER hearing this sound wait the 1.5-1.75 secs, and touch/swipe the paper clip again... you should be good to go now...

I just found the wire I was using at first just not stiff enough to make a good connection... this worked on the first try for me!
    I made a little video for people who wanted something to see first, before they try it.

thanks to everyone in the JuopunutBear IRC chat for the support.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUDSwQbCVF8&feature=youtu.be