• i dont care s*** about ics

Votes: 44 8.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

zakhid

Jul 23, 2009
oops i forgot i will update it soon maybe in an hour
Hi Saaransh!

I would like to update my Dell XCD35 to ColdFusionX. Please let me where to start from.

I am little confused about so many links and steps about TPT and other apps on the first page as i understand all the steps except the first one i.e.
- Format System in Mounts and Storage:

=============================
Format System in Mounts and Storage.
- Flash the ROM and reboot.
- wait for 5 mins
- Flash Gapps and reboot.
- Reboot and wait for 5 mins.

Regards

vivekmishra

Jan 19, 2011
Jhansi, Lucknow, Gonda
Hi Saaransh!

I would like to update my Dell XCD35 to ColdFusionX. Please let me where to start from.

I am little confused about so many links and steps about TPT and other apps on the first page as i understand all the steps except the first one i.e.
- Format System in Mounts and Storage:

Format System in Mounts and Storage.
- Flash the ROM and reboot.
- wait for 5 mins
- Flash Gapps and reboot.
- Reboot and wait for 5 mins.

Regards

I presume you have clockworkmod recovery installed, if not do it using rom manager from play store.
now, not into recovery by long press power button and go to the option which reads ..mount and storage and format system... +you don't need to tpt your phone cause there is enough memory in the stock system partition. Good luck :)

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk 2

stanangel

Aug 14, 2011
Can you give us more details about this buid please ? I want to flash it and i must know what's new, because i dont want to flash it for nothing new.

saaransh9

Jul 22, 2011
Can you give us more details about this buid please ? I want to flash it and i must know what's new, because i dont want to flash it for nothing new.

airplane mode fixed,bluetooth fixed and some other small performance fixes.

but CFX is still faster there are many guys compiling CM9 and CFX from source.

u will require large partition for cm9 so before installing full gapps u should check the space available.(even 215 mb might fall short for full gapps)

here is targetbsp's CFX with airplane fixed
http://www.mediafire.com/?16k3pi7sxai3b69

there might even be another built by tilal before he takes a break for his exams

Tom--

Mar 23, 2009
Yesterday I've installed update-cm-9-20120415-NIGHTLY-blade-signed.zip. It's working smooth, but it's also eating my battery. The battery stats are telling me that the screen was using about 70% of the battery. Strange, because my blade was almost completely standby (with a black screen, of course). :confused:

Is there anything I can do?

CTRL+ALT+DEL

Mar 28, 2011
Veneto - IT
How much autonomy do you have? I managed to get nearly 2days with 2g data (EDGE) always on and some sms (about 15-20), whatsapp and a call (about 15 mins).

Did you follow all the step to install CFX (system repartition, system format, install and full wipe AFTER install?)? Does your phone sleep when you leave it with wifi on (to test, wait for some mins after the screen turns off, then press the MENU button. If your blade turns on, then it's not sleeping as it should and you should report it to tital's github bug tracker with a logcat)?

Reactions: Tom--

Joel5121

Jan 27, 2011
Malaysia
Yesterday I've installed update-cm-9-20120415-NIGHTLY-blade-signed.zip. It's working smooth, but it's also eating my battery. The battery stats are telling me that the screen was using about 70% of the battery. Strange, because my blade was almost completely standby (with a black screen, of course). :confused:

Is there anything I can do?
Where did you get the CM9 nightlies for blade? Can't find it on CyanogenMod site

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ICS ROMS FOR THE ZTE BLADE

These ROMS are not meant for daily use since they are not 100% stable.
    They are under development and may have random reboots. I have developed none of the ROMS - These are the works of other developers. Due credits have been given with each ROM. I do not take any responsibility if your phone gets bricked, i.e, it doesn't boot and becomes useless forever. Please read at least the entire first post and these two guides before asking any questions. A big thanks to saaransh9 for giving me thread control
    -ZTE Blade - All Things Root
    -ZTE Blade FAQ

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do I need to make it work?
    - ClockworkMod Recovery (If your phone is rooted, then you can use ROM manager for that)
    - 210 MB system partition (At least 180mb)
    - A Gen2 Blade (Wbaw's Gen2 TPT v10 would be the best if you have a Gen1 device)
    - Patience at first boot. Around 5-7 minutes max!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to know your system partition???
    1. Download FreeSpace from Google Play
    2. Use Titanium Backup
    3. type df or df -h in terminal emulator after typing su
    If not around 200MB, use the guide below.

Guides:
    - Partition and GEN2
    - TPT Helper
    - Google Now for ICS ROMs

General Downloads All ROMS:

Darktremor A2DD
    CyanogenMod 7 Calculator
    File Manager
    Beats Audio and Sony XLouD

How to get S2E working on CM9
    - Flash this via ClockworkMod
    - Then install s2e.
    - Check all four boxes and reboot

How to flash the ROM

- Download the ROM from respective links
    - Reboot into ClockworkMod and wipe data and cache
    - ( ColdFusonX only ) Go to mounts and storage and format /system
    - Flash the ROM zip
    - Flash the GoogleApps zip
    - Reboot

ColdFusionX

I have not made this ROM but has been made by tilal6991 and Skywave(fixes)
    This is a port of the ZTE Skate CM9 and has full HW acceleration. I'm not responsible for any bricked devices due to a bad flash or any other thing. Remember that at least a 180MB system partition is required

Rom Details:
    - Android 4.0.4 - Ice Cream Sandwich!
    - Synced with latest CyanogenMod 9 repos
    - 2.6.35 kernel - based on ZTE stock Skate kernel
    - Full HW acceleration makes it faster than Gingerbread

Sources:
    - Device - github.com/tilal6991
    - Kernel - github.com/TomGiordano/kernel_zte_blade

What Works :
    - WiFi
    - Full Hardware Acceleration with OpenGL
    - Smooth UI
    - Bluetooth
    - Mobile data 2G and 3G
    - Network
    - Audio
    - Sensors
    - Hardware video decoding
    - Browser
    - Camera
    - YouTube
    - LED Notifications
    - Proximity Sensor
    - CPU undervolting
    - New EGL libs
    - Video Recording
    - Live Wallpapers
    - Everything Else apart from stuff below

What Doesn't :
    - WiFi tethering - use other apps(it may work)
    - Panorama mode
    - YouTube HQ
    - FM Radio
    - Voice Typing

Download Links :
    ColdFusionX
    GoogleApps

Screenshot_2012-01-06-16-08-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-01-06-14-16-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-01-06-14-11-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-01-06-14-08-37.jpg
    Burstlam's CyanogenMod 9 : RC 7.1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Works :

- Network
    - Mobile data 2G and 3G
    - WiFi
    - Bluetooth
    - Audio
    - Sensors
    - H/W acceleation
    - USB Mass Storage
    - Native USB and Bluetooth tethering
    - WiFi tethering - Third party app needed
    - Camorder
    - Panorama Mode
    - Adhoc mode support
    - HQ mode Youtube

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Doesn't :
    - FM Radio
    - No video playback with stock gallery

Download Links :
    Burstlam's CM9
    GoogleApps

Screenshot_2012-01-06-16-08-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-01-06-14-16-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-01-06-14-11-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-01-06-14-08-37.jpg
    What about CM9 Alpha7? Want me to upload a mirror?

Here, CM9 Alpha7, by Tom G: http://depositfiles.com/files/rw0wbtqub
    Anyone still interested should try http://blade.az.pl/index.php/sej-s-rom/cm9/12-cm9-android-4-04-compiled-by-sej-22-04-2012

Its cm9 built from its source and not cfx.

We might see official cm9 coming to blade soon as blade has been added to the cm gitub
    KonTaT's CyanogenMod 9

Description
    This is a CyanogenMod 9 kang released by the infamous ZTE Blade developer, KonsTaT. This is by far the most stable and highly preferred ZTE Blade ICS ROM and additionally has an extraordinary level of compression that allows it to be flashed on a 130MB system partition too, that comes along with the so called "Chinese Blades" like the Idea Blade

What Works :
    - Everything in the previous builds
    - Camera
    - YouTube HQ
    - A bit faster than
    - Some Performance Improvements
    - Soft Buttons
    - Compact Size

What Doesn't :
    - FM Radio
    - Video Recording
    - Voice Typing

Download Links :
    KonsTaKang
    GoogleApps