[KERNEL][23/04][ICS] LP6 Rooted Kernel

Search This thread

neobuddy89

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Mar 13, 2011
Mumbai
Works on ICS Stunner 1.4.19 (tested) and should work on Touchwiz based ROMs and AOSP based ROMs (ICS Only)

Since I am working on new kernel from source, I decided to give away this LP6 rooted kernel which was planned to be released with ICS Stunner.

I found GPS better on this kernel but this belief can be placebo...

Consist of
CWM
SuperSu (Superuser app)
Init.d support

Rom chefs may need to take care of busybox installation via updater-script. Else users can try to install busybox via Busybox app in the market.
ICS Stunner users shouldn't mind above red line.

Attachments

• LP6_Kernel_repack.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 4,555
Last edited:

androidindian

Nov 16, 2010
New Delhi
Welcome to the Kernel Planet Amigo! Taking everything to the next level! :D

Thank you for Rooting the LP6 for us bro!!

Last edited:

matius44

Feb 24, 2011
Sunderland
CWM is the real difference here, there was a rooted LP6 kernel floating around (chas found it) but it did not have CWM recovery..

Good job @Neo :D

Thanks!

maxicet

Sep 6, 2009
Topic for LP6 Rooted Kernel. Rooted by me.
Works on ICS Stunner 1.4.19 (tested) and should work on Touchwiz based ROMs and CMv03 by Imilka.

On upcoming version after 1.4.19 -- This kernel may need to be changed bit for make it fully compatible... but that is later part. Since I am working on new kernel from source, I decided to give away this LP6 rooted kernel which was planned to be released with ICS Stunner.

Uploading in few min.

Consist of
CWM
SuperSu (Superuser app)
Init.d support

Stay tuned.
finally we are free from CF "decisions"...:D

Wonderful ! ;)

xaoc747

Feb 5, 2008
Kazan
forum.xda-developers.info
Why in zip double folders and files?
UP1nAm37.png
N174STcV.png

maxicet

Sep 6, 2009
works fine with TMT1.0....cmw manager shows "various features have been disabled" message, but CWM recovery is present and working..:D
Nice work mate....

kloodee

Nov 24, 2005
compared to LP5 stock kernal.how is the battery life, i get an easy 5 h screen on with lp5 rom and kernal, fully rooted aswell

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Works on ICS Stunner 1.4.19 (tested) and should work on Touchwiz based ROMs and AOSP based ROMs (ICS Only)

Since I am working on new kernel from source, I decided to give away this LP6 rooted kernel which was planned to be released with ICS Stunner.

Consist of
    CWM
    SuperSu (Superuser app)
    Init.d support

Rom chefs may need to take care of busybox installation via updater-script. Else users can try to install busybox via Busybox app in the market.
    ICS Stunner users shouldn't mind above red line.
    Repack v2

ok guys, first of all, hats off to the OP, I used his work to repack this one so I'm only going to attach it here instead of creating a duplicate thread :p

I took a challenge earlier today to try and replicate what he did. I noticed on the way that he's not actually embedding the root files into the kernel zImage file but relying on the recovery file to do the rooting business. Not that it would make a difference if you're applying the patch via CWM but if you'd apply the zImage file via Odin on a non-rooted stock ICS image, then the rom won't be rooted.

so here it is, a repack that is closely identical to cf-root's image files. It adds CF-ROOTs CWMManager.apk, SU and SuperSU.apk from LP5 even if you flash the zImage file via Odin. I've tested it and it works great. It obviously comes with CWMR as well just like the OPs.

I think I should be able to repack future ICS zImages as well :)
    finally we are free from CF "decisions"...:D

CF "decisions"???Obviously is good news we can have another guy doing the job but some respect to CF
    Ok.. I just dual patched it to work on Stock and AOSP/CM/AOKP further versions.... phew.. now uploading..
    This kernel is rubbish

5ec57fcc-6373-c714.jpg

And before you scream foul I wiped all caches.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Or you may running a sh£&#t rom

I don't care about benchmarks but here is my camel's toothbrush

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk