I called 911, completely stock, and...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

salazar.r1

Aug 13, 2010
Chicago
To participate in this poll, download the LATEST CM9 nightly from here, keep everything stock, no kernel changes, framework, or build.prop mods. Follow the instructions in this post, if it fails, do what it says in the post, and provide me with that dumpstate file (via a PM, do not post it here).

* By "completely stock" in the poll question, I mean completely stock CM9, not the stock Android that came with your phone.
* By submitting a poll choice, you agree that you are running COMPLETELY VANILLA CM9; STOCK KERNEL; STOCK FRAMEWORK; STOCK BUILD.PROP

For this test, do any of your updated GPS kernels count as stock?

Thanks.

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
Awkward experience, I tested it with my first Vibrant (I have 2) and it didn't work, so i voted The call failed. Then i thought about it, and tried it with my other Vibrant, and returned it to stock CM9, and it worked. Unfortunately the call supporter i got was a big **** about me calling to check in if my location was posted etc. So i didn't call multiple times, but the first time i called with second Vibrant, it worked.
I honestly think its just random for this to happen.

Reactions: FaultException

FaultException

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 13, 2012
Awkward experience, I tested it with my first Vibrant (I have 2) and it didn't work, so i voted The call failed. Then i thought about it, and tried it with my other Vibrant, and returned it to stock CM9, and it worked. Unfortunately the call supporter i got was a big **** about me calling to check in if my location was posted etc. So i didn't call multiple times, but the first time i called with second Vibrant, it worked.

You didn't reboot after the call on your first Vibrant did you? Get me that dumpstate file...

I said in the OP if it fails get me the file

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
My bad, I actually already flashed another ROM.
I'll get back onto you with that possibly tomorrow. Busy studying for a test tomorrow, so I may get back to you on that. I'll call them again.

FaultException

Jan 13, 2012
I'll get back onto you with that possibly tomorrow. Busy studying for a test tomorrow, so I may get back to you on that. I'll call them again.

No problem, it's just important to get that file when it does fail, so I can take a look. I raised the note to red letters and a bigger size, so hopefully everyone else that tries will see it.

Reactions: mohamobo

ew

Sep 28, 2010
To participate in this poll, download the LATEST CM9 nightly from here, keep everything stock, no kernel changes, framework, or build.prop mods. Follow the instructions in this post.

If it fails, provide me with a dumpstate file (via a PM, do not post it here).
The instructions on how to get that file are also in the above link.

* By "completely stock" in the poll question, I mean completely stock CM9, not the stock Android that came with your phone.
* By submitting a poll choice, you agree that you are running COMPLETELY VANILLA CM9; STOCK KERNEL; STOCK FRAMEWORK; STOCK BUILD.PROP

Can the dumpstate file be created with terminal? I want to help test, but adb is somehow not working for me. Is there some way that I can produce the file using only commands on my phone?

Thanks,

ew

Sep 28, 2010
I tested and reported success in the poll.

I discovered one thing in my testing - it may be of interest to other testers.

I use the "dialer one" app to dial phone numbers. When I dialed 911 and pressed the "call" button, the call did not directly dial - instead I wound up at the built in dialer screen. On the dialer screen "911" was in the number display, and I had to press the "call" button on the build in dialer to actually make the call. Typically a second press of the "call" button is not required to make a call.

Bottom line - when testing 911, if there are any unexpected results, make sure that there is not another dialing application involved in the process. Similarly if there is a real emergency you may want to just use the real dialer.

I hope this is helpful (feel free to leave a thanks if it is:)

FaultException

Jan 13, 2012
Can the dumpstate file be created with terminal? I want to help test, but adb is somehow not working for me. Is there some way that I can produce the file using only commands on my phone?

Thanks,

Yes:

Code:
su
dumpstate -o /sdcard/CM_dumpstate.txt

I tested and reported success in the poll.

I discovered one thing in my testing - it may be of interest to other testers.

I use the "dialer one" app to dial phone numbers. When I dialed 911 and pressed the "call" button, the call did not directly dial - instead I wound up at the built in dialer screen. On the dialer screen "911" was in the number display, and I had to press the "call" button on the build in dialer to actually make the call. Typically a second press of the "call" button is not required to make a call.

Bottom line - when testing 911, if there are any unexpected results, make sure that there is not another dialing application involved in the process. Similarly if there is a real emergency you may want to just use the real dialer.

I hope this is helpful (feel free to leave a thanks if it is:)

Maybe Dialer One defers the 911 call to the standard dialer just to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No problem, it's just important to get that file when it does fail, so I can take a look. I raised the note to red letters and a bigger size, so hopefully everyone else that tries will see it.
    To participate in this poll, download the LATEST CM9 nightly from here, keep everything stock, no kernel changes, framework, or build.prop mods. Follow the instructions in this post.

If it fails, provide me with a dumpstate file (via a PM, do not post it here).
    The instructions on how to get that file are also in the above link.

Thanks,