About MTK MT6575 phone, H5500

Search This thread
May 9, 2010
There are plenty of video reviews on Zopo100 on youtube. Just search around. Afterall, that's how I got acquainted with it :cool:

Sent from my ZP100 using XDA

jbctiong

Nov 15, 2008
Zopo100 screen protector n battery are common to EVO 3D and HTC Sensation resp.Case is very close to EVO 4G+. Only slight offset on the power switch and Mic position.
Check out .taobao.com for more details.
Zopo100 China retail price is 1099RMB. Value for money with the performance you get. It reads ext4.

jean2012

Feb 23, 2012
lovecellphone.wordpress.com
ZP200 is available on sale

hi, guys,
i have found that the ZOPO zp200 is in stock right now, check this
http://www.lovebargaining.com/zopo-...-android-23-8mp-camera-cell-phone-p-2345.html

but i still don't see any review, it seems it is in stock for a very short time, no one have this phone till now.

but this phone is still android 2.3 OS, not ICS chip, it seems that there is a long way to go for the Chinese phone.:)

ckethan

Dec 23, 2010
Chennai
Guys we can make free unlimited calls with bobsled try now but it says incompatible with mt6573

Sent from my HTC HD7 Pro/+ using Tapatalk 2

ColonelZap

Nov 5, 2009
hi , i found a link showing way to root the Lenovo A750

www[dot]7xz[dot]com/topic/16618

but since all in chinese , i don't really understand it , and reluctant to try

may someone here translate this for me (and maybe useful for some of us )

disclaimer : i do not responsible for any failure caused by this rooting method

Peace!

Maybe this will make things easier? :)

jean2012

Feb 23, 2012
lovecellphone.wordpress.com
Gooapple V5 3G is out, New MTK MT6575 Godphone coming

hi everyone

i know many people are interesting in the MTK MT6575 phones, i just found this

http://www.androidforcheap.com/10-g...40-os-80mp-wifi-gps-cell-phone-8gb-p-307.html

i guess many people know about gooapple v5 3g, it is retina screen, but with mtk6573 chip, and very slow
but this link shows it is mtk6575 chip, that is to say, gooapple v5 3g is gone?
because this godphone 4s also comes with retina display, but with 1Ghz CPU, is that real?

ckethan

Dec 23, 2010
Chennai
How did u update to ics? And pls tel how is battery backup in terms of videos or wifi on etc?

Sent from my HTC HD7 Pro/+ using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Zopo100

I had this phone for almost two weeks now. Superb phone. I love it more than my HTC Evo 3D.

Advantages:
    ------------
    1) Quick boot up. Only takes about 30s to boot up.
    2) High quality LCD by Sharp ASV. I would say it's 100% identical to my Evo 3D.
    3) Good camera quality, Sony 5MP. Although can't compare with Evo 3D's camera, this camera is unlike those cheapo low quality type commonly found in China phone. It's good, really good but not superb.
    4) Dual sim standby but if you're talking on one line, the other line will get busy tone.
    5) Great battery life even though smaller battery 1600mAh. I can use almost 24h with both line active. Evo 3D lasted about 12h only with equal usage.
    6) Dedicated camera button.
    7) High quality finish, up to 90% of HTC's quality. Can easily mistaken as the real HTC if someone pass the phone to you without you noticing the Zopo logo at the back.
    8) Minimal RAM usage. I'm getting >300MB free memory out of 512MB after the phone boot up using stock ROM. Evo 3D only have around 230MB free memory out of 1GB!
    9) The phone is really fast even though only 1Ghz single core. Zooming in and out, scrolling and clicking on appz was very very smooth.
    10) Value for $$$
    11) Upgradable to ICS 4.0 end of this month.

Disadvantages
    --------------
    1) Simple interface/launcher. Uses default ADW launcher (maybe that's why it's faster.
    2) No Google Market or Play Store. Need to install myself after rooting it.
    3) Rooting the phone is a real pain. Most of the appz for rooting not working. Need to find a rooted ROM from Zopo site and flash it.
    4) Can be laggy if the phone is busy reading from SDcard, probably due to single core.
    5) Camera button is a single touch. Can't depress a little for focus and fully depress to capture picture.
    6) Small internal memory. Only around 500MB available. The rest is mounted as internal sdcard around 2.2GB. Prefers if everything is mounted as internal memory and uses external sdcard as storage.
    7) No custom ROM available. No tun.ko drivers, so no VPN for this phone.
    8) Can't find any casing that fits this phone because of the reverse position of 3.5mm audio jack and power button. Initially I thought can use Evo 3D's casing.
    9) Weak GPU. Plays simple games really well but those 3D intensive might be a little laggy (still playable though).
    10) No analog TV commonly a/w China phones.

Anyone who manages to compile tun.ko drivers for this baby kindly pass me a copy as well. Really needs it. Thanks in advance! :D
    It always depends on what you want. I already have a phone with no support - SGS 9003. I wanted a new phone without support and bought a cheap Lenovo. ;-)

That's exactly how I felt. If the premium brands like Samsung, HTC or LG want to maintain their premium pricing, then support should be good as well. No point paying so much for their phone if I had to rely on XDA for custom ROMs and fixes. That's why I think these China phones are reasonably value for money: although the lack of support, at least they are cheap and powerful enough to run most of android apps. But it also has to be functional which is an area that Haipai i9220 failed in.

For the price that we are paying for our China phones, we could only get a HTC/Samsung with 3.x inch 320x480 pixels low quality LCD, 256-512MB RAM, no 3G support and equally bad GPS.
    I got my Zopo ZP100 about a week ago and I'm quite happy with the phone.
    GPS is terrible though if there is any clouds in the sky or if I have the phone in my pocket, so quite useless when using Endomondo to track my workouts.
    Apart from that I'm quite happy with the phone since it allows me to use both my private and my work sim in the same phone. I'll happily sacrifice a good GPS signal for not having to carry around two phones any more.

I downloaded the 4.0.3 from dangerd.org
    I've used Google Translate to read Forum.China-iPhone.Ru but as translation is quite bad (to say the least) I haven't dared to try the update.

DangerD: Do you have any input on what is working or not? (as I understand from the russian forum FM-radio isn't working yet and there are some issues with some of the Russian mobile service providers)

Edit: the link used for download which I think should be 4.0.3: http://files.dangerd.org/pub/ZP100//android 4.0.zip
    It's old rom, download this instead:
    (FM radio works in this rom)

...narod.ru/disk/48456521001.eee4c60617f54c6d58522153c8bcb053/MP_MT75_h932_b79_pulid_sw%2020120428-14151....rar.html....
    Android 4.0.3 Fimware from B79 (100% compartible)

Root:
    ...files.dangerd.org/pub/ZP100//zopo%20zp100%204.0ROOT%20by008.rar

Flash using flashtool:
    ...narod.ru/disk/44888871001.eec11bc0c30497e8d842945626c3e795/SP_Flash_Tool_exe_v3.1206.01.zip.html

(To prevent spam to the forums, ALL new users are not permitted to post outside links in their messages. After approximately eight posts, you will be able to post outside links. Thanks for understanding!)
    Replace ... to http://
    Hello,

I use ZP100 phone for one week‚ I experienced many issues with the gps chip not for time fix but more ever for the accuracy. I have ICS and Navigon‚ when I drive at a constant speed; Navigon displays a speed that is changing at more or less 20%. example at 130km/hour, the software at mainly time indicate the good speed but for 5 seconds can indicate 90km/h or 160km/h and this regulary.
    Is someone experienced the same trouble?

Envoyé depuis mon ZP100 avec Tapatalk

That is the problem attributed by weak GPS signal. Since the signal is weak, the GPS takes a long time to get satellite lock and once locked, it was unable to maintain the lock. As a result, you might experience the problem that I had such as GPS navigation software showing wrong lanes position, wrong speed, jumping all over the places or sometimes going in reverse. This is worse then there are tall buildings nearby or on cloudy/rainy days.

Since Zp100 places the antenna at the same position as Evo 3D, so this is not a placement issue. Therefore, I suspect it is because the antenna patch is too small or the hardware used MT6620 is just not good enough. It is not a software/driver issue, so should be occurring regardless which ROM used (Gingerbread or ICS).