How to Debrand Nokia Lumia 710

Search This thread
Jun 30, 2007
I followed the procedure for debranding and all went fine.

I changed my windows ID and had to reset the phone. Following the reset the Nokia applications section is missing on the marketplace.

I am unable to load in any other firmware image on my phone - the refurbish option is now greyed out and no amount of replugging or fiddling can get it to reappear.

Any idea what I can do - all the Nokia branded apps aren't showing in the marketplace either. My region settings are fine and changing them makes no difference.

Rapidly running out of patience with this phone - Android was a lot easier to tinker with!

Update: It seems I needed the latest version of the Nokia software which connected and pulled the firmware down. No more tinkering for me on WP7!

Last edited:

23kenn

Mar 26, 2012
I keep getting a "data package selection error". It doesn't seem to be able to detect my phone and also the suite found RM-803 but my phone is RM-809??

edit: using win 7 64 bit

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2634725

I followed the procedure for debranding and all went fine.

I changed my windows ID and had to reset the phone. Following the reset the Nokia applications section is missing on the marketplace.

I am unable to load in any other firmware image on my phone - the refurbish option is now greyed out and no amount of replugging or fiddling can get it to reappear.

Any idea what I can do - all the Nokia branded apps aren't showing in the marketplace either. My region settings are fine and changing them makes no difference.

Rapidly running out of patience with this phone - Android was a lot easier to tinker with!

Update: It seems I needed the latest version of the Nokia software which connected and pulled the firmware down. No more tinkering for me on WP7!

It's normal for the nokia section to be missing if you changed the country for the market place...i'm in romania and selected romania for the market place and there is no nokia section yet...

Try to plug your phone into zune, click on the device then go settings->update for the device....the page will display the your phone is up to date message, but if you look in the lower part of the screen where it says restore there should be a date form when you last updated your phone, if you click that your phone will restore to a previous version, other then what you have now....

But remember, if you will restore and reset your phone and then choose the same country as now for the market place you will still have no nokia section...

151max

Nov 15, 2007
I flashed the rom for the Australian version of RM-809 on my T-mobile lumia 710 (059L3R0: RM-809 VAR T-MOBILE WHITE).

Now, in the Nokia Care Suite, the product number still shows the T-mobile's model, but the rom version is the Australian one I flashed.

Does anyone know if I updates with Zune for the next release, will I get the T-mobile's or the Australian rom updates? The question is how Nokia/Microsoft provide updates, by product number of by current rom.

Thanks!

nicholasbgr

Jun 29, 2010
I have a branded Lumia 710 (RM-809) but I couldn't find a more recent debranded firmware than 8107.11502 for Brazil. The most recent one is 8107.12050 but it is carrier branded.
I'm very new to WP, how are software updates rolled out? Which files should I flash to get the latest update as soon as it is available from Zune?

theworldisavampire

Apr 14, 2012
Has anyone successfully flashed a US T-Mobile branded RM-809 with an RM-803 8107.12070 image like they claim on WPCentral? If so, which ROM did you use, and have you noticed any issues? Any improvements?

I have about a week's worth of patience left for an official T-Mo update before I say to hell with it and do it myself. I just want to make sure that there are no major issues or abnormalities that will arise from using an 803 image on an 809, especially since they are all country variants from overseas, and I'd most likely be stuck with it till something newer came out.

Faruk88

Mar 20, 2010
Has anyone successfully flashed a US T-Mobile branded RM-809 with an RM-803 8107.12070 image like they claim on WPCentral? If so, which ROM did you use, and have you noticed any issues? Any improvements?

I have about a week's worth of patience left for an official T-Mo update before I say to hell with it and do it myself. I just want to make sure that there are no major issues or abnormalities that will arise from using an 803 image on an 809, especially since they are all country variants from overseas, and I'd most likely be stuck with it till something newer came out.

I have the Indian RM-803 ROM installed on my RM-809, and it works fine for me! I've been running it for a few weeks and no issues.

BlackMage23

Jun 6, 2007
Hello,

I'm tring to debrand a 710 that is currently on 3 UK. Currently has 11502
Tried a few of the GB country updates but just get "Signature verification failed" when doing refurbish or recover.
What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

theworldisavampire

Apr 14, 2012
I have the Indian RM-803 ROM installed on my RM-809, and it works fine for me! I've been running it for a few weeks and no issues.

Good to hear! Are you on T-Mo or Rogers? Are you getting the same 3G speeds as before?

Thanks for the reply and sorry to have as many questions as a 4 year old lol. Just want to make sure of what I'm getting into before I jump in with both feet.

Luciano123

Apr 18, 2012
London
Installation of Nokia care Suite 5.0

I am in the process of trying to install Nokia Care Suite 5.0 on a Windows 7 x64 enterprise version PC but every time I try i get presented with a box with a link stating that I require the microsoft VC++ 2010 redistributable. The link takes you to the wrong place so I installed it via the correct link and have rebooted the PC. But no matter how many times I try the same message pops up saying i require the Vc++ 2010 redistributable package. it is installed, as I can see it in Programs etc in control panel.

Anybody come across this?

By the way this is to reflash a branded Nokia Lumia 710 to an unbranded non carrier version.

Thanks.

Lou

Last edited:

BlackMage23

Jun 6, 2007
I am in the process of trying to install Nokia Care Suite 5.0 on a Windows 7 x64 enterprise version PC but every time I try i get presented with a box with a link stating that I require the microsoft VC++ 2010 redistributable. The link takes you to the wrong place so I installed it via the correct link and have rebooted the PC. But no matter how many times I try the same message pops up saying i require the Vc++ 2010 redistributable package. it is installed, as I can see it in Programs etc in control panel.

Anybody come across this?

By the way this is to reflash a branded Nokia Lumia 710 to an unbranded non carrier version.

Thanks.

Lou

I'm using win 7 x64 pro and not had any problem. did you downlaod the latest version from ms? I have 2010 X64 redistributable 10.0.40219

Reactions: Luciano123

Luciano123

Apr 18, 2012
London
I'm using win 7 x64 pro and not had any problem. did you downlaod the latest version from ms? I have 2010 X64 redistributable 10.0.40219

Thanks for the response. I have finally managed to install it on a Vista Ultimate 32-bit PC. The question I now have is that earlier in this thread it mentioned that there was no UK variant for 11502. I have just looked and there appears to be a United Kingdom GB V2 059N2L6 variant under 11502 and also under 12070 there is a United Kingdom GB V3 059N2L6. I presume that this is a later one. Which one did you install?

Thanks

Lou

Last edited:

Marvin_S

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2010
I have a little problem that whenever I try to flash (a Lumia 710) it will not go further than the steps:

The application has lost the connection with your device... perform the four steps (power down device, connect to usb while keeping volume + pressed etc.)

I perform this steps and press retry yet it still fails to go trough and comes up with the same message again.

What should I do? Do I just need to keep holding volume + all the time? Whatever I try it just keeps saying this...
Also only 2 buttons work, the recovery and refurbish, I did recovery as refurbish did not display any information.

grannyrogers

Jan 20, 2010
College Station
I have a little problem that whenever I try to flash (a Lumia 710) it will not go further than the steps:

The application has lost the connection with your device... perform the four steps (power down device, connect to usb while keeping volume + pressed etc.)

I perform this steps and press retry yet it still fails to go trough and comes up with the same message again.

What should I do? Do I just need to keep holding volume + all the time? Whatever I try it just keeps saying this...
Also only 2 buttons work, the recovery and refurbish, I did recovery as refurbish did not display any information.

Make sure you are following the steps correctly. See also below.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

For persons de-branding lumia 710 RM-809 model. When following the steps mentioned in the opening post, wherever it mentions rm-803, just use your model number rm-809.

So step 5 would be: Search for 710 and click Open. RM-809
And you would create a folder called Rm-809 in c:/ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/product

If like me you did not have a 'product' folder in 'packages', create one and then create the Rm-809 folder to put the 12 ROM files in.

Last edited:

brad560

Apr 6, 2011
Houston
flashed the UK Country variant GB on my Lumia 710,(T-Mobile) (OS Version 7.10.8107.79), gonna see how that goes, great thread!

Luciano123

Apr 18, 2012
London
Finally got round to flashing two Lumia 710's using the GB V3 country variant under the firmware ending 12070. Both phones appear to be fine.

I did notice one thing which was curious and it was only on one phone that it appeared. I had read somewhere that one of the changes in the latest firmware was having more time out options on the Lock Screen including the option of 'Never'. On one of the phones when I was setting it up from scratch after the upgrade I saw all the options appear the full length of the phone on a Black background, once I had completed the setup etc. and I went back to have a look all I saw under the timeout options was what was there originally... 30 seconds, 1 minute, 3 minutes and 5 minutes on a smaller white screen identical to the other phone. My phones are connected to my own exchange server and it is possible it has something to do with the policy to force a pin number on the phone which is set but I don't know. What do other people have in the timeout options for 12070 UK V3?

Thanks

Lou

BenzinNZ

Dec 5, 2010
With my Nokia Lumia (RM-809) I can't seem to flash anything. It goes into recovery mode... then just constantly times out. Any ideas?

Timeout. Can't change the mode.
Nokia.Wezen.Product.OperatingMode.WezenModeException: Timeout. Can't change the mode.
at Nokia.Wezen.Product.OperatingMode.WezenMode.WaitModeChange(WindowsPhone7ProductOperatingMode mode)
at Nokia.Wezen.Product.OperatingMode.WezenMode.SetMode(WindowsPhone7ProductOperatingMode mode)
at Nokia.Wezen.Product.Programming.FirmwareUpdate.WezenFirmwareUpdate.Refurbish()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.WezenRefurbish.RefurbishDialog.RefurbishDialogModel.Refurbish()

Thanks!

Luciano123

Apr 18, 2012
London
With my Nokia Lumia (RM-809) I can't seem to flash anything. It goes into recovery mode... then just constantly times out. Any ideas?

Timeout. Can't change the mode.
Nokia.Wezen.Product.OperatingMode.WezenModeException: Timeout. Can't change the mode.
at Nokia.Wezen.Product.OperatingMode.WezenMode.WaitModeChange(WindowsPhone7ProductOperatingMode mode)
at Nokia.Wezen.Product.OperatingMode.WezenMode.SetMode(WindowsPhone7ProductOperatingMode mode)
at Nokia.Wezen.Product.Programming.FirmwareUpdate.WezenFirmwareUpdate.Refurbish()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.WezenRefurbish.RefurbishDialog.RefurbishDialogModel.Refurbish()

Thanks!

Hi,

One thing I did read elsewhere is that if you are reflashing the same firmware but say to another country variant/retail/carrier etc. it will fail. It needs to be rolled back to an earlier firmware version and then forward again to what you want on the newer firmware. I don't know if thats what you are doing.

Regards

Lou

Reactions: BenzinNZ

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys i know this is the 800 section but i thought would put it here until its moved by admin

Tools needed
    Nokia Care Suite 5.0.0 (2011.51.2) http://www.seidea.com/2011/12/28/nokia-care-suite-5-0-2011-51-2-63048/
    NaviFirm Plus - http://www.symbian-toys.com/navifirm.aspx

Once you have installed Nokia care suite, install the drivers package for your version of windows - Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Drivers WinUSB Drivers x86 or x64

Download the Firmware needed from Navifirm should be about 12 files.

1. Launch Nokia Care Suite and open Product Support Tool.
    2. Disconnect all phones from the computer and Turn the phone off
    3. Select No connection from the connection drop-down menu.
    4. From File menu select Open Product.
    5. Search for 710 and click Open. RM-803
    6. Now connect the phone with it tunred off, it will restart and be detected by the care suite

With the files you downloaded from Navifirm put them in
    C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\ create a folder called Rm-803 if its not there

Now you need to rename the product codes of .dcp / .bin / vpl files to match your device code found on the right of nokia care suite product support tool.

Now the files are in place click programming from the tool bar and select refurbish.

Job Done.

I hold no responsibility if you screw your phone up.
    How to effectively remove the demo content from a Nokia Lumia

Finally, it worked!
    I've downloaded a non-retail ROM with NaviFirm, and installed it with Nokia Care, and now the demo content is gone!
    Anyone wanting to know how to do this:
    1) run a search in this forum for links to download Nokia Care Suite and naviFirm
    2) use NaviFirm to search and download the ROM for your device: Lumia 710: RM-803 and Lumia 800: RM-801 (do a serch on this forum just to be sure which RM you should download for your device/country).
    3) if you see several ROMs for a given country, as @Anseio wisely suggested above, download any of them that DON'T say RETAIL on it.
    Also try to find a carrier-free ROM. You'll see some of them are labeled Vodafone, Movistar, T-Mobile, etc.. I haven't tried flashing with one of those so I don't know if they have demo content or not, try to avoid them just in case.
    Stick with the ROMs labeled "Country Variant", non-retail, carrier-free, and for your country (or some country in your own language)

Note: Even if it's not for your particular country that's listed in the Country Variant (I'm from Argentina and downloaded a version for Spain) get one that matches your language at least, or just go with english (I think there's a Country Variant for UK.. I would suggest trying that one). Also, don't worry if the device's color in the ROM description doesn't matches your own. I have a white lumia 710 and installed a ROM that said "black".

4) Once the ROM is downloaded (mostly around 350mb), see this guide for instructions on how to flash your device with that ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1457341 using Nokia Care Suite.

It takes less than 5 minutes to flash the device and have the demo content gone!.
    Let me know by PM if you need further help.
    Good luck!
    I would be there all day as each country has Black and white devices.

You need to pick the firmware with Country Variant, The country you are in and what colour phone you have. There is no Country Variant for the UK yet with the latest 1600.3013.8107.11502 package in NaviFirm but you can download the older version 1600.3007.7740.11465

UK Black Product code 059N2L6
    Germany Black Product code 059M5M0
    France Black Product code 059N519
    Italy Black Product code 059N0V8
    Netherlands Black Product code 059N1Q9
    Spain Black Product code 059N1M7
    There's no country variant for Canada. What happens if I flash the phone with a with say a UK firmware?

sutt359, are you sure the latest package is 1600.3013.8107.11505? Mine shows 1600.3013.8107.11502.
    Is safe to downgrade from official 7.10.8858.136 to qualcomm bootloader?
    Sorry if I posted this on the wrong place I'm new here.

I executed the installation of Qualcomm BL + Rataplan V9.1 Full yesterday and all gone well.

Important is to have necessary tools and read the instructions, there are many step by step examples around the NET.

Good Luck,

Marco