▌brainmaster´s Guide for Android and Android Builds for Acer NeoTouch▐

Search This thread

s.bazs

Mar 17, 2010
*download and install google translate in your browser*
go to the link below and READ the "mini faq" section!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://acer-club.ru/topic/6221-%D1%8.../page__st__800

And many Thanks to Supermen and all of the guys at acer-club.ru for their great work!!!!
I've tried 2.3.7 lite and was impressed. It was nice to see android working on our device!

I running 2.3.x install and it doesnt work... what can i do wrong?
2.2.x install running perfect.

sd card format--->android folder--->run crlcad then haret.exe

s.bazs

Mar 17, 2010

Attachments

• IMAG0010.jpg
    IMAG0010.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 85

Crommy

Mar 21, 2011
*download and install google translate in your browser*
go to the link below and READ the "mini faq" section!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://acer-club.ru/topic/6221-%D1%8.../page__st__800

And many Thanks to Supermen and all of the guys at acer-club.ru for their great work!!!!
I've tried 2.3.7 lite and was impressed. It was nice to see android working on our device!

dude, i have Google chrome installed, but when i click on the download link, it redirect me to the first page again , will you please post a download link here?

-JAZZMAN-

Sep 22, 2009
verona,italy
1.download link:

http://narod.ru/disk/40831246001/Android_2_3.rar.html

**go to bottom of page,enter numbers then press "download"**

2.format sd card
3.extract Android_2_3 folder to SD card
4.extract "SD card fix" and copy "root" folder to Android_2_3 folder on SD card
View attachment SD_Card_fix.zip
5.press "clrcad" one time only (nothing happens is normal:))
6.press haret and wait...

It's not perfect yet,but you'll get the idea....
All thanks to Supermen for 2.3.7 gingerbread and the entire S200 Android team at Acer-club.ru!!

Crommy

Mar 21, 2011
should it be writing msm hsusb set v bus state:0 or 1?
cuz its writing 0, sometime when i reboot it writes 1 and copies the whole msg on the screen like forever ....

-JAZZMAN-

Sep 22, 2009
verona,italy
should it be writing msm hsusb set v bus state:0 or 1?
cuz its writing 0, sometime when i reboot it writes 1 and copies the whole msg on the screen like forever ....

1. did you format your SD card? (brainmaster's thread 1st post)
2. the name of the folder on your SD card should read "Android 2.3" or "Android_2_3"
3.I think SD card should be class 4
4.make sure the entire folder is extracted and\or copied to Sd card.
5.did you also put "Sd card fix" in the Android folder?

other than these points I don't know 'cause I'm no expert on this matter.
but for me it loaded/booted up pretty fast.

Crommy

Mar 21, 2011
well when i started the clrcad from file explorer it worked :), but i have few problems now
1:Sound, it cuts off and doesn't come out from all the progs specially angry birds
2:Wifi, it works but times out a few times in google play
3:Sim card, it displays the network but doesn't make or get calls
4: Display, when it turns off it hangs and never came back on

-JAZZMAN-

Sep 22, 2009
verona,italy
well when i started the clrcad from file explorer it worked :), but i have few problems now
1:Sound, it cuts off and doesn't come out from all the progs specially angry birds
2:Wifi, it works but times out a few times in google play
3:Sim card, it displays the network but doesn't make or get calls
4: Display, when it turns off it hangs and never came back on

Hey Crommy,
I think it's cool that you seem to be one of a very few still utilizing this forum and I'm
more than happy to help if I can.
But C'mon dude, this is the 3rd or so time that you post problems,complaints,comments about issues that are clearly documented by the Dev., cook or author in their threads!!!
When all you had to do in the first place is research then READ BRO!
Android is not fully working yet but the guys at acer.ru are still developing it.
If you read through some of the first post here you'll see a lot of comments like
"android will never work on the S200 period!"
Well we now know that those guys were wrong and as is the on going theme on xda, "if you can think it,ask the question, it can be done"
So go back to Acerclub.ru translate then read through the "mini faq" section and you find all the answers to your questions.
And know that I mean not to offend but am not equipped to help beyond what i've done so far but those guys over there can help!
let's stay tuned;)

mmm273

Jan 16, 2011
How can i istall it to NAND ? as default OS ... because everytime running it via WM its horrible... its possible ?

mmm273

Jan 16, 2011
And some type of dualboot ? when start device to select OS ? taht not possible too ?

some type of boot launch ... i dont know how it named :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all - I am not the creator of this Builds. All the credits are going to the guys who are compiling the needed stuff for our Acer (holo - for kernel for our Acer device, and many other guys from TG01 division, guys responsible for different Android builds and me - getting everything together).

I am only gathering them together and making it easy for you to install it on our Acer.

GUIDE:

In order to get Android to work properly on Acer you need a fast Micro SD Card at least Class 4. That is because Android runs from a SD Card, it's not ROM that you can flash. Also you need at least 1,5 GB of free space on your SD Card.

Many errors or problems on Android not booting on your device can be resolved if you format your Micro SD Card with the
    Panasonic SD Formater. Backup your files from the Micro SD Card, download the utility, run it and format your Card.

1. Download the Android Build zip file.

2. Unzip the file and copy the whole Android folder to your Micro SD Card. Remember - copy the WHOLE folder not the content of the folder.

3. Start the File Explorer and go to the Android folder on your SD Card. Start CLRCAD.exe, then start Haret.exe and click on the "Run" button.

4. Now Android is booting - it can take up to 15 minutes. DON'T touch anything until you see the Lockscreen.

5. Move the Lock to the right to unlock your device.

6. Play with Android.

HINTS:

Android is working from the SD Card. It takes 5 - 10 minutes for the system to work fluently. It is also good to reboot Android after first start.

You can hide the taskbar by sliding toward the taskbar with your finger. Sliding down from the taskbar opens the Notifications bar.

NOT WORKING: Everything except the Touchscreen and Graphics Acceleration. NO Sound, WI-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Phone. In the moment you can only play a little with the Android and customize it. With the time there will be more drivers added to the Android Builds.

RELEASES:

30.11.2010:

Initial Release - HyperDroid 1.7 is the Basis. Its Multilanguage Build - over 20 Languages.

DOWNLOAD
    KERNEL Updates for Android:

30.11.2010: Hardware buttons working, vibration working. Extract the image into the Android folder on your SD Card and overwrite the existing file. When you run Haret its gonna crash first time booting Android, but after the second try it runs good.
    10.12.2010: Sound is now working - but it crashes sometimes. Extract the image into the Android folder on your SD Card and overwrite the existing file.
    12.12.2010: Phone is working - it takes up to 5 minutes to connect to mobile network. Battery driver working, but always showing 50 %. Extract the image into the Android folder on your SD Card and overwrite the existing file.
    ADDONS for Android:

In the attachments you can find the data.img file in different sizes: 512MB, 1GB, 2GB, 3GB or 4GB. You can use whichever you like. For testing purposes I am recommending the 512MB data.img
    FIXES for Android:

SD Card fix: Just extract the folder from the zip file in your Android folder. Boot Android. The SD Card will be recognized automatically.
    1.download link:

http://narod.ru/disk/40831246001/Android_2_3.rar.html

**go to bottom of page,enter numbers then press "download"**

2.format sd card
    3.extract Android_2_3 folder to SD card
    4.extract "SD card fix" and copy "root" folder to Android_2_3 folder on SD card
    View attachment SD_Card_fix.zip
    5.press "clrcad" one time only (nothing happens is normal:))
    6.press haret and wait...

It's not perfect yet,but you'll get the idea....
    All thanks to Supermen for 2.3.7 gingerbread and the entire S200 Android team at Acer-club.ru!!