By O.a.T., Senior Member on 21st March 2012, 02:43 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
23rd April 2012, 06:55 PM |#261  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,920

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swear0730

What are the "audio/headphone issues" you mentioned in todays news?

When plugging in headphones, to an already playing movie or music, you could not hear the sound. The workaround has been to plug in earphones before starting the media. There is also something about the audio stopping if the device goes to sleep and excessive crackling sounds at high volumes.

I need to really sit down and test these out on last night's build to see if they are fixed or if it was just too late and I was just too tired.
The Following User Says Thank You to O.a.T. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift O.a.T. Ad-Free

23rd April 2012, 06:57 PM |#262  
Flag Albuquerque, NM
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Personally I wasn't thrilled with Cornerstone and that's one of the main reasons I came to this ROM. I found that things didn't scale too well and if you wanted to launch another instance of the app it won't allow you to do so (limitation of the current build).

If there was a way to enlarge different cornerstone windows and then minimize it back to the way it's supposed to be then it'd be cool.
23rd April 2012, 08:18 PM |#263  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by viskon

For people (like me) that also use the tablet for academics- reading books and taking notes from the books- Cornerstone is a godsend. I have the ebook open in one window and can type in my notes on Evernote in another window. No more clumsy switching between apps :thumbup:

Sent from my Motorola Triumph using Tapatalk 2

Does the "webOS-like" mod not work well for this? I haven't tried cornerstone, so I don't really know.
23rd April 2012, 09:00 PM |#264  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dung8604

Does the "webOS-like" mod not work well for this? I haven't tried cornerstone, so I don't really know.

My understanding of the "webOS-like" mod is that it is just a different presentation of the "recent apps" manager found in android. Cornerstone appears to offer true multitasking between the windows, e.g., copy and paste from concurrently open windows or advancing a song in a playlist while browsing. Don't really know how well that works as I've mostly been trying to get past some of it's boot/wifi peculiarities.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to O.a.T. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift O.a.T. Ad-Free
23rd April 2012, 09:39 PM |#265  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 1,114

More
Always good to be open to new things. Regarding Cornerstone, I tried it for a short while about a month ago and thought it was really cool. The multi-tasking and it's similarity to WebOs card flipping makes it even more appealing. However, I had it installed for a short time because it was very unstable for me.

I don't keep up with antiphon's thread, so I don't know how much improvement has been made with it. If it's anything like when I previously tried it, I would not use it. Anyway, just my two cents. Thanks.

Btw, don't know if you're already aware but there was a new gapps (0422) released yesterday.
http://goo.im/gapps/

Mike T
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to webdroidmt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift webdroidmt Ad-Free
23rd April 2012, 10:17 PM |#266  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdroidmt

Btw, don't know if you're already aware but there was a new gapps (0422) released yesterday.
http://goo.im/gapps/

Mike T

Thanks for the heads-up on the new gapps; downloading it now.
The Following User Says Thank You to O.a.T. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift O.a.T. Ad-Free
23rd April 2012, 10:27 PM |#267  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T.

When plugging in headphones, to an already playing movie or music, you could not hear the sound. The workaround has been to plug in earphones before starting the media. There is also something about the audio stopping if the device goes to sleep and excessive crackling sounds at high volumes.

I need to really sit down and test these out on last night's build to see if they are fixed or if it was just too late and I was just too tired.

Problem of plugging in headphones while media is playing and not being able to hear persists. Workaround still works.

Audio, using headphones or tablet speakers, is fine when display turns off/goes to sleep.

Crackling sounds on headphones at the highest volumes still exists. Lowering the volume a couple notches still works to eliminate crackling.
23rd April 2012, 10:36 PM |#268  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dung8604

To build on what OaT said, the webos mod changes the swipe left-to-close motion to swipe up-to-close the app. You still have to manually switch between apps. With Cornerstone, you can have three apps running simutaneously in the different windows- no app switching needed.

23rd April 2012, 10:36 PM |#269  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Any ideas on when the WiFi driver that fixes the issue might be incorporated in your ROM? I need to take my TP abroad in couple of days. Hoping to have a fix before that..
23rd April 2012, 11:02 PM |#270  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swear0730

IMHO, other than a novelty I really don't see cornerstone as a positive addition. To me it seems to get away from the LnT concept and possibly opens the door to incompatibilities. Just my to $.02

Quote:

That would be wonderful!!! I am currently using antiphon's rom and I swear it is awesome. Being unable to connect to wifi after reboot is the biggest irritant on that rom. I would love the legendary reliability of LnT with the awesomeness of Cornerstone.

Edit: I was secretly hoping you would take this up.

Quote:

For people (like me) that also use the tablet for academics- reading books and taking notes from the books- Cornerstone is a godsend. I have the ebook open in one window and can type in my notes on Evernote in another window. No more clumsy switching between apps :thumbup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuxNewb

Personally I wasn't thrilled with Cornerstone and that's one of the main reasons I came to this ROM. I found that things didn't scale too well and if you wanted to launch another instance of the app it won't allow you to do so (limitation of the current build).

If there was a way to enlarge different cornerstone windows and then minimize it back to the way it's supposed to be then it'd be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdroidmt

Always good to be open to new things. Regarding Cornerstone, I tried it for a short while about a month ago and thought it was really cool. The multi-tasking and it's similarity to WebOs card flipping makes it even more appealing. However, I had it installed for a short time because it was very unstable for me.

I don't keep up with antiphon's thread, so I don't know how much improvement has been made with it. If it's anything like when I previously tried it, I would not use it. Anyway, just my two cents. Thanks.

Mike T

Well, been exercising LNT + cornerstone for the last couple of hours and have to admit I'm liking it. I seem to have found a workaround to it's boot/wifi peculiarities by simply having the TP start up without launching cornerstone on bootup. Then if I want to "parallel process", I initiate cornerstone to say peruse my email in one window while updating my apps via google play in another window, all while browsing my favorite websites in the third window (see pic below). I agree it would be nice to be able to expand/shrink a window at will, but still quite useful in this context. Since booting without automatically launching cornerstone, I have not experienced any stability problems including blank screens, loosing links, etc. The icons do become a bit distorted in the various windows, but IMO, acceptable for the capability it provides.

Finally, in terms of the LNT philosophy, 1) the size of the zipped rom is only a few hundred kb's different in size, 2) without launching cornerstone on bootup the available memory is virtually the same on LNT and LNT + cornerstone, 3) upon killing cornerstone, memory is returned to the system as good as when killing any other android app, and 4) it's difficult for me to see how cornerstone could be provided as an apk thru say google play; currently a somewhat deeper integration with android is necessary.

After some more testing on my part, I'm thinking of making this available to my testers who provided me feedback during my first round of LNT testing. I also may open it up to a few additional testers to get a better sampling of perspectives if a significant number of those prefer not to test and provide feedback at this time, which I completely understand.

P.S. This all seems to be working well with Go Launcher HD.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LNT+CStone_1.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	1021212  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to O.a.T. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift O.a.T. Ad-Free
23rd April 2012, 11:09 PM |#271  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Just flashed both version A and B, my WiFi does not connect. It fails with Authentication Error.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread