[ROM] ODJDub HD Express 1.0 Thunderbolt Sense 3.0 Fully Working Landscape!!! 4.16.12

Search This thread

major_works

Mar 27, 2011
I enjoyed the ROM, but the widget and font sizing were killing me. as Stoney said I can see this as my daily driver.
I am currently rocking Gingeritis 3D and have flashed all sorts of roms since December but keep coming back. So for me to look at this beta and think this is my next ROM is a great sign to me. Great job! :D
I enjoy the theme you have going on, obviously not everyone will agree. I would to know what if any themes will work. This is obviously the 3.0 or 3.5 launcher so do themes need to be made specifically for this ROM?

Thanks for the work and job well done.

Btw are you going to change the carrier banner on the drop down menu?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I don't know why but switching to Launcher Pro seems to have fixed the widget and font sizing for me. Looks great to me now.

dapbmonkey4u

Nov 28, 2009
I don't know why but switching to Launcher Pro seems to have fixed the widget and font sizing for me. Looks great to me now.

That is cool, but I use sense. Everytime I load a different launcher i make it look like sense so i just stay with sense...I wish HTC would let other companies use scrolling in widgets.

JoeyDVDZ

Sep 17, 2009
Beachwood NJ
Very nice looking rom, sir! Looking forward to seeing what it does. One thing I can tell you, my 4g pulls faster speeds than my Bamf forever cubed. Not sure if I'm just experiencing the placebo effect, but it pulled 11mbit, which it never did from my house before.

One request: Any chance that we can get dock mode working? I love dock mode as my bedside clock. Would be very cool if it's possible. Thanks!

Last edited:

6stringandy

Feb 9, 2011
Macon, GA
Don't know if anyone has added this to the list of bugs yet, but in the stock music app I get an fc when I tap on the beats audio icon top right of the album art, my take on that is that beats is the only sound enhancement incorporated into the music player, no option for srs or headphones eq? Not a problem with me, just going through everything I can in this ROM to see what will and won't work.

Great ROM btw, totally diggin it. I think I'll be sticking with this ROM til I get a different phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

Last edited:

tech@rtsolutions.us

Dec 16, 2008
landscape dialer and contacts, issues

Very nice work!

Request...
. Add landscape support to dialer pad and people (i.e. sense contacts)

Issues...
. Unable to overclock the CPU with this ROM using SetCPU
. Complete lockups when charging cords plugged in requiring battery removal to reset

icedventimocha

Very nice work!

Request...
. Add landscape support to dialer pad and people (i.e. sense contacts)

Issues...
. Unable to overclock the CPU with this ROM using SetCPU
. Complete lockups when charging cords plugged in requiring battery removal to reset

You can't overclock because this rom has the stock HTC kernel. To be honest, I flashed Imoseyon's lean kernel and it seems smoother and more stable with stock.

zx12dak

Dec 19, 2010
SW Michigan (cellular hell)
The HTC music player is broken(when you change the sound enhancer). Plus I really wish it didn't have the god awful beats audio crap(prolly why it crashes). I use my music player a lot so that's a deal breaker.

6stringandy

Feb 9, 2011
Macon, GA
The HTC music player is broken(when you change the sound enhancer). Plus I really wish it didn't have the god awful beats audio crap(prolly why it crashes). I use my music player a lot so that's a deal breaker.

If you don't like beats, you can change the sound through dsp manager. Don't be so harsh on the man just because you don't like one small detail about it. It's the first release of this ROM, gonna take some time to get everything working. I'm assuming the fc is because beats is the only sound enhancement with the music app, a good replacement for the stock app would be poweramp music player, with all kinds of sound tweaks, and you can completely tweak the eq to your liking.

Reactions: nefariusmdk

zx12dak

Dec 19, 2010
SW Michigan (cellular hell)
I wasnt being harsh. Looks like a great rom. But the beats audio is stuck on and when you try to turn it off the music player crashes. All ROMS I have tried with beats suffer from this in some form.

6stringandy

Feb 9, 2011
Macon, GA
I wasnt being harsh. Looks like a great rom. But the beats audio is stuck on and when you try to turn it off the music player crashes. All ROMS I have tried with beats suffer from this in some form.

Came across a little agressive is all. Beats wasn't really made for the bolt, so its not gonna sound its best, especially if you don't have good headphones. Skullcandy headphonesmake it sound phenomenal, but a cheap set make it sound like crap, and nothing ever sounds good through the phone speaker regardless of the sound engine behind it.
Biggest issue I've come across so far is every kernel I've loaded has made the phone freeze.

amaury48

Nov 21, 2009
Tallahassee, Florida
The screenies in post #75 (which is what I got when I flashed this rom) don't look anything like the the pics in the OP's post. I like the Blue kinda theme, battery and sync icons in blue along with the blue wallpaper. Looked thru the rosie skins and only found 1 skin (current one). Couldn't download any others thru HTC. how can I get my phone to look just like the pics in the OP? also all the Font and icons appeared to be alot smaller and harder to read the text beneath them. Liking the rom, nice to have some thing else to flash for a while, keep up the good work guys. Have a feeling when all is said and done with this one, it will be a premier rom to have on our TB......

Very nice to see something different on the menu, thanks a bunch for your efforts and contribution!
The poor Thunderbolt still needs love too ;)

***EDIT
Made this real quick for your OP.
It's not perfect, but at least they are Thunderbolts :)
Feel free to use if you want, or not.
Thanks again!

ODJdub_Thunderbolt.png

How do I get my Bolt to look like this.....I'm really liking the bluish in the notification bar.....

odmejia

Anyone getting random reboots? Also music enhancer works for me bbut when I try switching between srs and others, there is no difference in sound. I installed imps kernel which seems to work well with this ROM. I'm just going to really flash to see if it fixes any of the above issues. Might just try fixing permissions as well. Some apps seem to force close on me. Can't wait for the next update of this ROM.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA

Danmn1313

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
I keep getting random freezes when the phone is charging. I'm can't pin it down to what it is exactly yet. Earlier I noticed it would happen if I locked the screen while in the messaging app but it did it again when I just plugged it in.

drtechy

Jun 10, 2010
Been looking for something new to try for a while, so I'm taking the plunge on this one now. So far so good, and really liking it!

odmejia

I keep getting random freezes when the phone is charging. I'm can't pin it down to what it is exactly yet. Earlier I noticed it would happen if I locked the screen while in the messaging app but it did it again when I just plugged it in.

I think the phone cannot handle some many apps running at once.. Because I think that's what's causing it to reboot or maybe freeze? But then again there are a few ROMs I have tried before and that dont respond well when they are plugged in. Just unplug it when you need to use it.

dachef3184

Sep 21, 2010
What lockscreen are u using? The honey comb one does freeze while charging

BoddhiC

Mar 4, 2009
Thanks for the great ROM. It is really nice to something new and different for my good old 'bolt. Running with Ziggy's test kernel and it is really smooth and responsive. I love the seeming resolution difference in the screen and the working landscape is great!

Haven't seen any dev posts in a bit, are we still up for an update sometime soon, or is this going to remain the final ROM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ODJdub_Thunderbolt.png

The Team:
    outerdepth
    justinswidebody
    Diablo67
    the_plattypus
    chubbzlou01
    sarkisdx

HUGE Thanks to the following:
    BuffoGT for the base
    GruesomeWolf and Team Nocturnal
    TommyTomato
    Team Synergy
    Virus
    Gnufabio
    Donators

Hello, XDA!!!

This is the new thread and home for the Express for Thunderbolt. I am pleased to bring you the best ROM ever for our phones. This is a mashup of the HTC Flyer tablet pc's ROM and the Evo3D (Shooter) ROM. I am happy to say this ROM is lightning fast and has been tweaked and had enhancements done to the sound and display to bring you a brighter more vivid screen and enhanced sound over the stock. This ROM has all the goodies from the HTC Flyer, and all the functionality of our Thunderbolt's. It has tons of features which I will list below. Enjoy the ROM and please read the OP in entirety. We don't want to clog up the page with unnecessary discussion.

THIS ROM IS STILL BETA SO THINGS WILL BE UPDATED AS FOUND!!!!

That being said here are the goods...

The Goods:
    -Fully working landscape
    -4G!!!
    -Landscape Sense 3.0 Lockscreen with weather
    -Beats Audio
    -Working camera
    -Hacked Wifi-Hotspot
    -Added apps, removed unwanted bloat
    -New Visual Voicemail
    -Working Shortcuts
    -Weather on Lockscreen
    -Tons of others!!!

BUGS
    -You tell me

-Planning on more customizations for the future update!!!

**Disclaimer: Flash this ROM at your own risk. We are not responsible if you brick your phone. Please follow all install instructions.

**Do not discuss off topic things on this thread. It is for developmental purposes. PM me if you need to discuss anything not really appropriate for the purpose of the thread, but is ROM related.

Installation:

1.Download ROM
    2.Copy ROM to root of SD card
    3.Wipe all userdata/factory reset
    4.Flash ROM
    5.Enjoy your new toy

Changelog:

**IN ORDER TO ASSIGN SHORTCUTS & WEATHER, PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTUCTIONS BELOW:
    1.In personalize, select edit lockscreen.
    2.When popup menu appears, select Rosie Utility in order to edit shortcuts.
    3. Hit done, then check shortcuts.
    4.To assign weather to lock, do above method, except choose shortcut lockscreen from popup menu. Uncheck add weather box for no weather, or leave it checked to have weather on lockscreen.

ODJDub Express 1.0

-Initial Release

Download Link:http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...pth/Justinswidebody/3xpreSs BolT ODJDubHD.zip
    Hello Themers!!!

Hey, guys. I am sorry for not being more active on this thread. I will see what I can do about theming your fusion to make it look identical to the op. So far, we just have the stock look working for this port.

I will look into this this weekend. I am sure I can hook it up for ya'll. I think it is totally do-able, so don't fret. Keep up the thanks and support. Glad you are freaking over the theme and not ROM issues, lol!:cool:
    Hey Guys!!

Oh yes I do, I remember all the best stuff I've used in the past! That's where I got my start here was the dash forums. Rom is running great so far great work and welcome back to Xda!!! :D

I am gonna be working very closely with Justin over the next week, and I am going to get the best customizations for the ROM and stability as far as we can push this. I am glad you guys are liking this so far. We want to keep you guys coming back for more. I promise you will want to!!:D
    this is for me too
    Music App Screenshots

Can you please show a screen shot of the HTC Mucic Player (widget and the actual app), it never worked in Landscape for me correctly.

Sure I can do that check them out below.

First: The Widget
    2012-04-17_11-18-17.jpg

2nd: Landscape View of Application #1
    2012-04-17_11-18-38.jpg

3rd: Landscape View of Application #2
    2012-04-17_11-18-48.jpg