WiiMote App Incompatible

Search This thread

bigwilly90210

Nov 18, 2009
Hey so I was told the only reason it doesn't work was cause the stock Samsung ROMs use proprietary Bluetooth drivers. And I've seen people post about it working with CM7... soooo I'm wondering if anyone here has had any success with it working on AOKP or CM9. Is it just not ics compatible? It works on my tablet with ics. Any feedback would be cool

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Biporch

Mar 4, 2012
None of the wiimote apps works with ICS. None.
Try it with a gingerbread miui or cm.

weedolo9y

Dec 7, 2010
Wisconsin
Wiimote controller works withcm7 and CM9 won't work on aokp or Sammy roms

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

ugoff

Nov 24, 2007
It's all about the kernel. The leaked AT&T ICS ROM's kernels work, which is a bit strange, but the GB kernel and most of the custom kernels do not, except for CM7 kernels, I guess... AOKP comes with the CM9 kernel and it does not work.

The problem is the ICS sources for the i777 are not available yet. Once they are, CM9 will hack or replace the bluetooth stack and we will have our glorious BT gamepads working again.

bigwilly90210

Nov 18, 2009
It's all about the kernel. The leaked AT&T ICS ROM's kernels work, which is a bit strange, but the GB kernel and most of the custom kernels do not, except for CM7 kernels, I guess... AOKP comes with the CM9 kernel and it does not work.

The problem is the ICS sources for the i777 are not available yet. Once they are, CM9 will hack or replace the bluetooth stack and we will have our glorious BT gamepads working again.

That's what I figured but didn't know for sure. Thanks for clearing it up for me. Now excuse me while I beat SMB3 again on my tablet. :p

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Nizda1

Nov 12, 2011
I've only used a wiimote on my tablet with cm9 but on my sgs2 with cm9 my ps3 bt controller works awesome. Using it with onlive is very nice, someone patched a version of it for use on any device with the ps3 support. However to get onlive to recognize it you just grab the six axis app.