[App][Best Launcher] GO Launcher v3.01 and HD version for Android 2.x - (21/5/2012)

What is the most important feature you want in the future?

• More stable and less memory usage

Votes: 129 60.3%
  • More smooth and better sliding experience

Votes: 100 46.7%
  • More options for visual settings

Votes: 38 17.8%
  • Plugins like notification for better operation

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Deeper settings to modify home screen

Votes: 53 24.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread
2.87 Beta

I am also puzzled by the two different ways based on pressing the homescreen or using menu>add.

Other than that, I really like the improvement: scrolling is smoother and I also like the new UI for adding apps/widgets etc to the homescreen. One thing I don't like (and I also don't like it in GoLauncher HD) is that when you choose to add a widget, you first only see the GoWidgets and you have to press the widget button again to see the other widgets...

I agree. The new UI when long pressing an empty space on the home screen seems unnecessary. Maybe I just have to get used to it. And using the transition effects when scrolling through the home screens on the top part of the UI doesn't make sense because the screens are not full screen. I think a simple slide would work better. It looks funny when the translucent background slides, but the representation of that home screen has a transition effect.

Still, a great launcher. Thanks to the Go Dev Team for all the hard work!

Reactions: bugujun

Nick0703

Jan 4, 2011
?
I think I found a bug. While my music is playing in the background, when I open the app drawer I can't change the media volume but when I go back to home screen, I can change media volume.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm using beta 2. Same problem happened on beta 1.

Sent from my GT-I9000 (SGH-I896) using XDA.

Last edited:

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
What people are talking about when they say 4 dock icons that are the same size as the rest of the icons on the screen, look at the stock touchwiz launcher, THAT is what hundreds of people are requesting.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Thomas_BA

Dec 22, 2009
Buenos Aires
www.artantique.net
Just installed the Beta 2.
Can you please bring back the little popup when klicking in the "Running App" tap of the App-Drawer on an app icon. It was very usefull. It showed Info, Kill, Go to, etc.
Opinions?

bugujun

Mar 22, 2012
Guangzhou
I think I found a bug. While my music is playing in the background, when I open the app drawer I can't change the media volume but when I go back to home screen, I can change media volume.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm using beta 2. Same problem happened on beta 1.

Sent from my GT-I9000 (SGH-I896) using XDA.

Anyone else met this bug?

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
just a suggestion: can you add a auto-update feature for BETA users? Just so we don't have to go to website, download, transfer to phone etc.

Reactions: HadenVR

bland.life

Oct 21, 2010
iron2000.deviantart.com
Is it possible to have a widget flush to the bottom of the status bar now?

The last time i tried there was a gap between the top edge of the widget and the bottom edge of the status bar.
The home screen indicator is off.

Using ADW now and previously LauncherPro which allows me to do that.

TomDeSmet

Apr 23, 2012
I'm using beta 2 and it seems that the gestures aren't working perfectly anymore. Swiping up and down isn't registered well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

dragontology

Dec 29, 2010
North Carolina
You know what irks me about GO? Theme selection. Go store, click on a theme, go to Play, decide you don't like it -- get kicked all the way back to the home screen. Any way the theme chooser can be more persistent? Otherwise I love it.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    =GO Launcher HD for Android 2.x=
    Here is the beta version of GO Launcher HD for Android 2.x, which is the tablet version of GO Launcher.
    We need you guys to help us use it and tell me what you feel about the new features.
    Tips:
    1. Available for tablet devices with Android 2.0 or up.
    2. Same functions with GO Launcher HD v1.07.
    3. Please use v1.07 version on your tablet with Android 3.0 or up.
    This is only beta version, if there’s any problems or bugs please send feedback to us through “Menu->Feedback”.

Download: http://61.145.124.93/soft/3GHeart/golauncher/pad/GOLauncherHD_2.x_beta2.apk
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

=About this post=
    Hey xda guys, here is GO Launcher Dev Team and I'm the product manager who is in charge of GO Launcher EX.
    We will bring out GO Launcher v3.0 in near future which includes a lot of new features.
    I will release every beta version here and hope that you can tell me how you feel about our new features.[/FONT]

=Newest Version on Market=
    Now the newest version is v3.01.
    Market page: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gau.go.launcherex

=Newest Beta Version=
    Next version is v3.02 and there are some new features mentioned below:

1. (New) Combined interface of launcher and locker theme preview

Download: please click here

=About GO Launcher=
    GO Launcher is the most popular home app in Android Market. It allows users to customize home screen, change themes, use smooth transition animation as well as various widgets and screen locks. It brings you a fresh and extraordinary mobile operation experience.

=Features=
    - Thousands of personalized themes
    - Various widgets and screen locks (weather, switcher, calendar…)
    - Extremely smooth transition animation
    - Smooth flipping operation
    - User-defined folder to easily categorize apps
    Many options in preferences to help you customize you phone!

=Tips=
    1. How to get themes, widgets and lockers?
    a) Search ‘go launcher theme’, ‘go widget’ or ‘go locker’ in Android Market.
    b) Use GO Store via menu button in GO Launcher.
    2. How to set transition animation?
    Use ‘Effects settings’ via button in GO Launcher.
    3. Icons are too small?
    Use ‘Icon Size’ option in ‘Preferences->Visual settings->Icons’ to make icons bigger.
    3. Long press the app icon to enter editing mode on home screen and app drawer.
    4. Glide up to open menu and glide down to pull down notification.
    5. The widgets in the screenshots belong to GO Widget, attainable from Android Market or GO Store.

=Important=
    1. GO Launcher is a totally free app without any charge.
    2. If you cannot set ‘GO Launcher’ as the default home app, download ‘Home Manager’ to fix it.
    3. ‘DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS’ permission?
    It's required by the feature to create shortcuts of ‘person’ and ‘direct dial’. GO Launcher won't make unattended phone call and cost your money.
    5. ‘READ CONTACT DATA’ permission?
    It's required by the feature to create 'person' shortcut as well as to add contact folder.

Our commitments are respecting user privacy and delivering cool experience. Please help us by rating this app and recommending to the others.

Want an extreme makeover to your phone? Try it out!

Owned by and Visit 3G.cn Through Your Mobile.
    Copyright 2004-2011 All Rights Reserved.
    Question to Product Manager ugujun:

Can you remove Application manager which checks for applications update and make it a plugin? It hogs in the background otherwise a very good launcher.
    This has always been bugging me, but how does GoTeam actually make a living out of giving the app for free? Personal data sale?
    Sorry, no personal data sale!
    We sell themes to get money and GO Launcher is totally free.
    it just redundant, we have physical home button man..

Speak for yourself. Not redundant for me.

I'm glad there is a home button on app drawer when using it on my Kindle Fire.
    I just believe we have the right to complain/ask for updates/ etc.. by virtue of the fact that we are exchanging something for a service. Its just deceitful to claim its "free" . That's all.

Then by your terms, everything is "paid" and requires "exchanging something" ?
    The guys are working hard, and just because its a day or two late on a update, which according to me is a major update, doesn't mean their just lazy or anything. Just give them a bit more time and im sure they'll do as they said.
    I'm not trying to go out on war here or anything, just saying that complaining will not get you the update faster.