[Q] Best ICS Rom?

Search This thread

daxecutioner24

Jun 24, 2011
Yea usually all stock phones are dumbed down but lg and nvidia brought it to new heights.This phone regular for certain would give you random reboots. They don"t release the drivers only they lose because certainly most of us will know how they are and wont be spending 500 to 600 on a newer lg phone

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

daxecutioner24

Jun 24, 2011
They said q2 for the p990 its almost the end of april and no current announcements or anything.

IRASadPanda

Dec 30, 2011
Johns Creek
Yea usually all stock phones are dumbed down but lg and nvidia brought it to new heights.This phone regular for certain would give you random reboots. They don"t release the drivers only they lose because certainly most of us will know how they are and wont be spending 500 to 600 on a newer lg phone

Right there with ya man, no more new LG/Nvidia for me.

Knowing the development will be good for it I'll probably wait till people start selling their quadcore's on Craigslist for $30.

Sent from Narnia

daxecutioner24

Jun 24, 2011
Right there with ya man, no more new LG/Nvidia for me.

Knowing the development will be good for it I'll probably wait till people start selling their quadcore's on Craigslist for $30.

Sent from Narnia

Exactly. Dude have you seen the Screen sizes of these "Smartphones".They becoming more like mini computers.4.7 that new LG eww.Is getting out of a hand these companies think by putting stuff bigger means better. Dual core barely began last year and they already skipping it for quadcores lol.
Personally they should have stayed more on 4.0-4.3 inches dual core for the newer phones.

IRASadPanda

Dec 30, 2011
Johns Creek
Exactly. Dude have you seen the Screen sizes of these "Smartphones".They becoming more like mini computers.4.7 that new LG eww.Is getting out of a hand these companies think by putting stuff bigger means better. Dual core barely began last year and they already skipping it for quadcores lol.
Personally they should have stayed more on 4.0-4.3 inches dual core for the newer phones.

Yeah, like I want my phone to fit in my pocket.

Sent from Narnia

moezsayani

Aug 19, 2010
until last week i was using HFS with Harsh's 3.0 kernel. after my cousin accidentaly did a factory reset on my phone i thought i should try out another rom so i went to genesis and i have never considered going back to HFS.

I'm using Genesis Beta 5 with Harsh's 2204 version of his 3.0 Kernel. Its snappy, fast, and in the last few days, i've never had a force close. And the battery life is pretty awesome.
Reasons why i love it
-Combination of CM9 and AOKP
-more customization
-better UI
-AMORA Installer (seriously, its freaking awesome.)

Some not so great stuff
-HWA not working, but thats on all ICS builds, not just HFS
-no Video (again, on ALL ICS builds)

But i agree with the other guys, its different for every phone. You should definitely consider Genesis though.

---------- Post added at 05:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

They said q2 for the p990 its almost the end of april and no current announcements or anything.

Still only a month into Q2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Owain+Harsh kernel because I like USB Mass Storage. lol
    This is exactly what i want to avoid. Reading through thousands of posts or flashing and using several different roms. I am looking for input from people who have already done this.

Flashing roms and experimenting with each one is suppose to be FUN! I always enjoy flashing different roms and trying them out.

The devs provide these roms free of charge and now you're too lazy to even use them to your advantage? Wow.

And I can understand if you're looking for reviews while you are buying something, but this is free. And plus when people post their favorite roms, its kind of an insult to the other devs because roms shouldn't even be compared and I doubt the devs want their roms to be compared.

Just try them all and judge for yourself which one is right for you.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
    I usually don't respond to topics like this, and i'm sorry if this sounds mean, but that just sounds lazy.
    Reinventing the wheel is stupid. Is it lazy to look up that gravitational acceleration on Earth is 9.8m/s squared, or should I start dropping rocks off a high building to figure it out myself? It is lazy to look up Amazon reviews on a product, or should I order each and every one myself and then decide the merits independently?

There are like 20 damn ICS ROMs for the P999, all of which are probably 95% the same except for stupid stuff like theme/colors. It's confusing as hell.

Which ones are good? Which ones are lame? In what way? I want to know as well.
    So far I've tried HFS 1.4 and 1.6, EB, and I'm currently on AOKP build 32. I'm going to try Genesis this weekend when the next build is released. They all more or less run the same. EB is pretty bare with less options and it may just be my mind, but it feels like it runs the smoothest, but it's lacking some features that the other ROMs have that I wish it icluded. The difference between HFS and AOKP are mostly cosmetic and how you can customize them. It does seems like AOKP has more data connection dropping issues than both HFS and EB, though. I know it's a known problem with ICS ROMs, but I didn't really notice before when using either HFS or EB, but with AOKP I've noticed it frequently or maybe I've just been playing on my phone more.

If I had to choose? I honestly don't know. If it wasn't for the more apparent data drops, I'd probably just stay on AOKP. HFS added some cosmetic changes I really didn't like (the red star when answering calls), but I'm looking forward to the next build. If I wasn't hopping back and forth between different ROMs, though, I'd probably just stay on EB.
    Dude your an idiot,no asked you

Do you even know what supercharger actually does? Basically adjusts minfree and oom grouping/fragmentation.

Ics is perfectly fine on my vibrant and my g2x. Both are low ram devices. The Linux/android kernel takes care of your ram and is designed to run under a steady load. It will constantly free ram and allocate it when its needed. Even stock kernels do that.

On topic: "best" is all on user prefrence. I personally go with functionality and customization that I like and use. Quadrant scores don't mean jack. You can take any stock rom convert it to ext4 and boom quadrant scores. Hell I can out quadrant my nexus with my g2x all day, but does that make it "better"?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium