[14/4][ROM][WiFI/3G][CM 7.2] XK PROJECT - CM EDITION 1.1

Search This thread

Aerogriff

Jan 31, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Man, I want to try this so bad but a adb is kicking my ass haha. I have to downgrade to gb but haven't used adb before...but I'm trying! Hopefully I'll get to play with this soon.!

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk 2

lordjubblydave

Aug 28, 2010
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I get a reboot every time I use the app "app backup and restore"
To restore my apps.
*my mistake I did not allow non market installation*
Apart from that the from seems fantastic.
I can't get over the speed of this and your MIUI from compared to the sluggish honeycomb.
Its like XP and Vista

Last edited:

Chaosz-X

Jan 25, 2011
As mentioned before, we don't have 3G models, so we don't know. Test it yourself, and report whether it works or not.

Reactions: hoatienii

lordjubblydave

Aug 28, 2010
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I am getting pretty high battery drain from cell standby.
Is there anything that can be done?
Airplane mode does not want to work for me :(

Attachments

• screenshot-1334957784771.jpg
    screenshot-1334957784771.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 281
Reactions: hoatienii

NookFan

Mar 29, 2011
Thanks!

Chaosz-X & DonUber... many thanks!

As soon as I have time I'm downgrading from HC and installing this.

This ROM may well prove to be the salvation of my Flyer. I've been disappointed with HC all along, and thought of reverting to GB, but CM7 is what I've really been wishing for.

I'm such a CM fan now that I am basing upcoming phone and tablet purchase decision on whether they'll be getting CM9...

Thought: The CM7 for the Nook Color has a set of tablet tweaks that move the status bar to the bottom and insert Home, Back, Menu, and Search keys to it--like it is in HC. Is that viable/beneficial for this ROM? I guess we do have the hardware keys. (EDIT: I see from the screenshot in the post above that you have already done this.)

Looking forward to this!

Thanks.

Jeff

Last edited:

EpicFail236

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2008
San Francisco
Awesome job, guys. I'd install and test, unfortunately the flyer is my daily driver, and I kinda need bluetooth to live :D

Any ideas as to whats wrong with it? think its fixable with some tweaking, or is it a major overhaul problem? Would be more than happy to assist if you have thoughts or a starting point.

NookFan

Mar 29, 2011
Last edited:

NookFan

Mar 29, 2011
Up and running!

yc8MZFcSL8RYUEzaFEhvLPt4EhE7co3yJ4rqQ6OcVtP08mN1GCia28iKvwbJWwxMrYvfyLk7QRY

Its up and running! (You're seeing GoLauncher EX, Fancy Widgets, and Widgetsoid)

Only requests:
If there is a way to remove the cell-phone/data signal levels for us Wi-Fi only folks, and that other icon next to it (not sure what that means, to be honest.)

This is now the Flyer I've always wanted. Pure & Speedy--the way it should have been from the start.

Thanks a million. Gotta get my PayPal account updated, and then I'll be expressing my gratitude tangibly.

Jeff

NookFan

Mar 29, 2011
Observation after some use:

Runs very well...fast and stable.

YouTube app force closes every now and then (when it is in the background.)

And Android Assistant shows the Status Bar as the cause of 45.25% of my battery drain.

Screen shot of my home screen is here showing what is on the Status Bar (which is nothing unusual) and what Android Assistant shows. The battery is draining more rapidly than with HC.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_C4hsdOt5-aNldoRkROWER5UmM

But, I'm willing to live with a few more re-charges. Just wanted to give you the heads up.

Thanks again--I'm liking this very much.

Jeff

Reactions: DonUber

Chaosz-X

Jan 25, 2011

And Android Assistant shows the Status Bar as the cause of 45.25% of my battery drain.

Screen shot of my home screen is here showing what is on the Status Bar (which is nothing unusual) and what Android Assistant shows. The battery is draining more rapidly than with HC.

But, I'm willing to live with a few more re-charges. Just wanted to give you the heads up.

Jeff

Thanks a lot for your input!

We are working on various fixes, and doing some research on recompiling CM to disable the phone functionaliy for people with WiFi Only devices.

And I think that's what causing a possible drain; I think the application you're using to check those battery usages is showing the wrong information, because usually Phone Idle is draining the battery.

But we're taking a look on it, more updates soon ;)

DonUber

Aug 21, 2011

Jeff

That is strange, I have got a battery life of 5 days with 4 hours screen on (mostly Games and streaming films etc.) and many hours of music. (Maybe putting it in Airplane mode will help, otherwise he tries to get network which he can't even do, but consumes battery :p )

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19234836/screenshot-1335417807547.png

EDIT: I see Chaosz-X reacted right before me :p

Last edited:

NookFan

Mar 29, 2011
Just put in airplane mode; thanks for the tip.

Good to have CM, isn't it?!

Jeff

Sent from my Flyer using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Chaosz-X: I can hereby confirm that this will be the best
    day in the history of the Flyer. Dexter's One ROM is really nice, and me and DonUber also have a really nice surprise for you guys.

Stay tuned, within 4 hours, you'll see what we are talking about. (oh, it's not ICS btw, but still a really nice thing)

And yes, it's going to be LEGEN..wait for it...

…..DARY!

banner.png

The XK-Team proudly presents CM7 for the HTC Flyer.

What works:

- WiFi

- Pen

- Hardware Acceleration

- GPS

- Sound

- And everything which is not in the issue section ;)

Issues:

- The backlight of the hardware keys stay the way you turned the device off with the last Sense ROM you used. Turned your device off in Sense in landscape? Then our ROM will keep the backlight in landscape. Starting from the second boot, the keylights will never be on. Flash a Sense ROM and they will be on again (before we get people worried that their hardware key lights are broken).

- If you touch on the place of the landscape hardware keys the touchscreen will nog react on that moment.

- The Pen acts a little bit weird.

- Bluetooth is not working.

- Found an error that is not yet mentioned here: Tell Us!

Changelog:

1.1 - Sound fixed, some improvements, and bugfixes
    -Working sound
    -Statusbar glitch is fixed by setting the density to 240 (you can change it again manually if you want to)
    -Added DSPManager
    -Youtube is working

1.0 - CM7.2 RC1 Initial release

Downloads:

Downloads are for the Wifi as well as the 3G model, the components for GSM, 3G etc. are in the ROM but unconfirmed to be working because we do not own a 3G Flyer. So tell us whether it works or not.

XK CM Edition 1.1: http://recluster.net/xkproject/

Flashing is on own risk; and don't forget: you need the Gingerbread HBOOT!

Screenshots:

cm1.png
    cm2.png
    cm3.png

The Team:

Chaosz-X
    DonUber

Like this ROM? Hitting the 'Thanks' button or donating would be very appreciated. ;) PayPal: danielkreiter@live.nl (Everything will be split with Chaosz-X)
    Probably an update today, with working Youtube, Audio, and softbuttons :)
    1.1 is up, with working sound and YouTube :)
    Q&A:

Q: Oh no, I can't see the backlight of the HW buttons, are they broken?
    A: No, they are not. Due to a strange issue concerning the keypad files, the backlight of the HW buttons are in the same state you turned off your Flyer with during the last Sense ROM. Flash a Sense ROM and they'll blink again.

Q: Front-camera is not working?
    A: Could be true. It's because we're missing some libs, we'll look into it later.

Q: Are mobile data and GSM working?
    A: Maybe, the stuff is in the ROM but not yet confirmed to work
    Still being worked on, but development is going slowly due to the fact my laptop is broken, so I have to work on my netbook.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using XDA