[ROM]RUBY_ICS_35_S_TMOUS_2.14.531.1_Radio_1.14.550L.17D C_30.78.550L.15_release

Search This thread

superevilllama

Jun 14, 2007
One final question, do we have to unlock the ENG S-OFF 1.90.2005 before applying the RUU update? I gave it a try with it locked and it was a no-go?

The instructions pasted in here say specifically to have ENG boot loader. You may also be just htc unlocked but you will need to flash a stock recovery, and keep in mind if you upgrade to ICS with S-on you may not be able to get it afterwards. You still will be able to retain root however.

If you are referring to the phone saying "locked" but with ENG boot loader installed you are fine. It should work with no issues.

Last edited:

brokenwatch

Dec 9, 2010
Take your SD card out of your phone, copy the ruu to it, rename it as PH85IMG.zip and boot to bootloader. I don't think you can push a 400MB + file through ADB without having issues or taking forever.

The problem was with my sdcard. After formatting it works now. I noticed after mounting the card that the file was always 0 bytes, and after formatting that no longer happens. It's updating now!

superevilllama

Jun 14, 2007
The problem was with my sdcard. After formatting it works now. I noticed after mounting the card that the file was always 0 bytes, and after formatting that no longer happens. It's updating now!

Glad to hear it! Enjoy =]

For poster above, no. Sense in general is heavily twisted into each rom it is included with. Several apk's and things would have to be modified in order for it to work. I am sure it will be worked on soon though.

crose948

Oct 29, 2010
s=off

Football!!!!!!!

Thanks bro!

Instructions posted from page 23

so you guys r saying ppl with s=on cant do a ph85 upgrade, if so, i beg to differ i did it on my amaze a few weeks ago, i have the tool to do the unlock and root and kernal and all that extra stuff and a just relocked my phone and installed the ph85 on sd card rebooted to recovery it found the ph zip installed it asked me if i wanted to update i pressed the vol, up button and it updated. then i relocked and rooted my phone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original post and files here:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25227322&postcount=226

Sent from my Stock Rooted and Highly Customized HTC Ruby using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

mentaist12

Mar 1, 2011
well ive done it! looks great! only one thing... cant connect to wifi.... always stuck on obtaining ip adress... any solution? anyone encountered it?
thanks!

Last edited:

jslcpd157

Jul 13, 2010
Having an issue with static IP here. Can't seem to get internet connection. I can connect to the network, just unable to load any pages. All my settings are correct. :/

G

glacierguy

d03628de-cd08-dd59.jpg

Can anyone explain why only 1 core is available?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

musti95

Dec 21, 2011
Turkiye-Istanbul
Having an issue with static IP here. Can't seem to get internet connection. I can connect to the network, just unable to load any pages. All my settings are correct. :/

Settings>Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names (APN)
APN settings and create a new one.

First line write your operator name ı wrote vodafone

apn name is " internet"

And end of line you gonna see apn type ı wrote "default"

and save it thats all.Its working for me

just try it ı have it now.

GSMachinst

Jun 9, 2010
Has anybody tried wifi tethering on ics. Is it free or does it take you to the buy hotspot page for TMobile?

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using XDA

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal
Wow. Haven't been following this forum since i got my gnexus. Now i can finally take out my Amaze and start using it again.

Amaze w/ S-off + ICS + root = Amazing.

Top Liked Posts