FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Kindle fire bricked. twrp and firefirefire NOT installed

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By weberj, Junior Member on 23rd April 2012, 11:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So i bricked my kindle fire 6.3 by restoring it using the kindle fires restore to factory reset tool thinking it would remove my root (but i was wrong) when it booted back up it was stuck on the yellow triangle with the flames in it saying press power button for recovery. also when i plug the kindle into my computer it connects for literally 4 seconds an disconnects again. like i mentioned in the title i did NOT install twrp or firefirefire. plz help ive only had it for a month and its already effed up

24th April 2012, 07:34 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weberj

when it booted back up it was stuck on the yellow trianglel

What do you mean by saying your KF has not FIREFIREFIRE?

Gửi từ Kindle Lửa của tôi qua Tapatalk 2
24th April 2012, 07:46 AM |#3  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 2,554

More
First of all, FIREFIREFIRE doesn't just magically install itself. What did you use to root the device? I'm sure whatever you used to root your device installed FIREFIREFIRE.

And your Kindle isn't bricked, it's just in the wrong bootmode.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=23747567

Uninstall/delete and reinstall your drivers and try again.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=23747671

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium
24th April 2012, 01:18 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
well how do i get it in the right boot mode if it wont connect to my pc?
24th April 2012, 01:23 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
i used kindle fire utility 0.9.5
24th April 2012, 02:08 PM |#6  
Flag Ajman
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Quote:

So i bricked my kindle fire 6.3 by restoring it using the kindle fires restore to factory reset tool thinking it would remove my root (but i was wrong) when it booted back up it was stuck on the yellow triangle with the flames in it saying press power button for recovery. also when i plug the kindle into my computer it connects for literally 4 seconds an disconnects again. like i mentioned in the title i did NOT install twrp or firefirefire. plz help ive only had it for a month and its already effed up

the 4sec interval signals to fastboot mode! You got to enter necessary commands during to stay in fastboot mode and flash the custom recovery TWRP and than re-install update.zip(kindle update bin renamed). consider the link below for twrp and root manual install plus relevant commanline,those commands will help to flash and boot into twrp mode after installing it:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=24129239

P.s.remember to point to the directory containing the fastboot and adb command files in my case c:/program files (x86)/android/android-sdk/platform-tools/ ALSo, in future to factory reset the device, install the kindle update.zip (renamed kindle update bin file downloaded from amazon kindle site)
24th April 2012, 06:16 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
how do i enter the commands? with a program if so give me a link to get it plz
24th April 2012, 06:44 PM |#8  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 2,554

More
Quote:

With all due respect, had you invested the time to read the threads posted earlier, the answer would be pretty obvious.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium
24th April 2012, 09:29 PM |#9  
Flag Ajman
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Quote:

Kindly read the linked thread it covers the state stuck on yellow fire sign screen
24th April 2012, 09:51 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
well how do i set up an adb? i dont understand
25th April 2012, 12:59 AM |#11  

More
kindle fire utility 9.5
Remove and install your drivers for your kindle fire. Than install kindle fire utility found here in xda forums. Install and run the utility select option 1 and select normal 4000 boot mode. Plug in your kindle fire and turn it on. This worked for me. Booted right up just be patient it may take a few minutes.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)