FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

{HELP} Interactive Help Forum!{TUTORIALS} Where questions are encouraged!

2,798 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,879

By jeffsanace, Senior Member on 18th April 2012, 04:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th April 2012, 05:54 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i need help......I've been scouring the realm of google found some tutorials on making the stock mms app have a transparent background and for some odd reason everyone i try i cant get it to work :/. can someone help me by showing me what tutorial they used or something?
24th April 2012, 06:27 PM |#92  
Recognized Themer
Flag north of the wall
Thanks Meter: 5,631

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1kyon1

i need help......I've been scouring the realm of google found some tutorials on making the stock mms app have a transparent background and for some odd reason everyone i try i cant get it to work :/. can someone help me by showing me what tutorial they used or something?

For 3.0 sense?

a bad seed
24th April 2012, 08:38 PM |#93  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando sor

For 3.0 sense?

a bad seed

Yeah.
24th April 2012, 08:41 PM |#94  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wilmington, De.

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah.

Boy did you get the right guy to respond. Fern happens to be the KING of transparent apps, especially for sense 3.0.

Recognized " Bad Seed "
24th April 2012, 08:45 PM |#95  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsanace

Boy did you get the right guy to respond. Fern happens to be the KING of transparent apps, especially for sense 3.0.

Recognized " Bad Seed "

I'm sorry im so new here and pretty new to theming
24th April 2012, 09:01 PM |#96  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wilmington, De.

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm sorry im so new here and pretty new to theming

That's what this thread is all about, fern with help from myself did the first transparent sense theme. I'm sure he'll be along to help. I'll check back when I get home from work and I'll drop some knowledge on ya if he doesn't first. He knows a lot more about it though.

Recognized " Bad Seed "
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffsanace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jeffsanace Ad-Free
24th April 2012, 09:04 PM |#97  

More
Quote:

That's what this thread is all about, fern with help from myself did the first transparent sense theme. I'm sure he'll be along to help. I'll check back when I get home from work and I'll drop some knowledge on ya if he doesn't first. He knows a lot more about it though.

Recognized " Bad Seed "

Alright thanks! ive been puzzled for 2 days trying to figure it out and looking thru other mms.apks from themes to see how its done but no luck.
24th April 2012, 11:53 PM |#98  
Recognized Themer
Flag north of the wall
Thanks Meter: 5,631

More
Quote:

Alright thanks! ive been puzzled for 2 days trying to figure it out and looking thru other mms.apks from themes to see how its done but no luck.

That's one of the hardest mods I've done and is one of the reasons i hate skins. As far as i know we are the only one who have done that and their is def no tutorial. It's not something i can just walk you through

a bad seed
25th April 2012, 12:14 AM |#99  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando sor

That's one of the hardest mods I've done and is one of the reasons i hate skins. As far as i know we are the only one who have done that and their is def no tutorial. It's not something i can just walk you through

a bad seed

Alright. but i feel so close to getting it but theres something idk what it is but i just cant spot what it is..but if it too much work for you guys i can keep trying to figure it out.
25th April 2012, 12:26 AM |#100  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wilmington, De.

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Alright. but i feel so close to getting it but theres something idk what it is but i just cant spot what it is..but if it too much work for you guys i can keep trying to figure it out.

There are a couple of images that unless the code is rewritten are dependant on a few images in the fusion.apk. All the ones you see floating around are ones that fern and I modded on firmware 2.08. They have the fusion/skin dependencies written out and are independent in the mms.apk itself. I think it would work on 2.17 but I don't know if there are any changes. I can dig one up for you to try. But again, it's an older mms.apk.
If you think you can do the mod to the mms.apk I'll let you know exactly what images you need to edit in fusion/skin.
Recognized " Bad Seed "
25th April 2012, 12:34 AM |#101  

More
Quote:

There are a couple of images that unless the code is rewritten are dependant on a few images in the fusion.apk. All the ones you see floating around are ones that fern and I modded on firmware 2.08. They have the fusion/skin dependencies written out and are independent in the mms.apk itself. I think it would work on 2.17 but I don't know if there are any changes. I can dig one up for you to try. But again, it's an older mms.apk.
If you think you can do the mod to the mms.apk I'll let you know exactly what images you need to edit in fusion/skin.
Recognized " Bad Seed "

ok that would be great thanks. but im also wondering what would i need to edit if im trying to make a phone without sense transparent? but if thats asking for too much i can forget about it lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)