FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

{HELP} Interactive Help Forum!{TUTORIALS} Where questions are encouraged!

2,798 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,879

By jeffsanace, Senior Member on 18th April 2012, 04:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th April 2012, 12:34 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsanace

There are a couple of images that unless the code is rewritten are dependant on a few images in the fusion.apk. All the ones you see floating around are ones that fern and I modded on firmware 2.08. They have the fusion/skin dependencies written out and are independent in the mms.apk itself. I think it would work on 2.17 but I don't know if there are any changes. I can dig one up for you to try. But again, it's an older mms.apk.
If you think you can do the mod to the mms.apk I'll let you know exactly what images you need to edit in fusion/skin.
Recognized " Bad Seed "

ok that would be great thanks. but im also wondering what would i need to edit if im trying to make a phone without sense transparent? but if thats asking for too much i can forget about it lol
25th April 2012, 12:39 AM |#102  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wilmington, De.

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1kyon1

ok that would be great thanks. but im also wondering what would i need to edit if im trying to make a phone without sense transparent? but if thats asking for too much i can forget about it lol

I would have to defer that to someone else who is more familiar with aosp. Anyone wanna jump in?

Recognized " Bad Seed "
25th April 2012, 01:05 AM |#103  
Recognized Themer
Flag north of the wall
Thanks Meter: 5,631

More
Quote:

Alright. but i feel so close to getting it but theres something idk what it is but i just cant spot what it is..but if it too much work for you guys i can keep trying to figure it out.

You will see once you make the listview background transparent that there is a dark grid like image in the background. That's common_app_bkg. This pulls from com.htc.resources and from skins. This image has to be made internal to mms and then you make that image transparent. That is done in mms smali

a bad seed
The Following User Says Thank You to fernando sor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fernando sor Ad-Free
25th April 2012, 01:08 AM |#104  
Recognized Themer
Flag north of the wall
Thanks Meter: 5,631

More
Quote:

Actually aosp apps are pretty easy to make transparent. You just mod styles and any backgrounds that are coded. And make any background images transparent.

If you want to learn how to make apps transparent you will need to be familiar with android styles and modding layouts and text color changes

a bad seed
The Following User Says Thank You to fernando sor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fernando sor Ad-Free
25th April 2012, 01:16 AM |#105  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wilmington, De.

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok, here is a zip of an independent mms ready to flash. Make a nandroid first, as I said I'm not sure it will work on the new base. Also attached is a zip of the images that need to be changed in resources, fusion.apk and any skin you will want to use. Keep in mind that these edits will also make several other apps have transparent backgrounds as well as some 3rd party apps too. If the independent one works it will only make mms background trans. Please let me know how you make out with it, and good luck.

http://db.tt/fqASNmJ0
http://db.tt/EyqHfs9x
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffsanace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jeffsanace Ad-Free
25th April 2012, 01:38 AM |#106  
Flag Houston, Texas
Thanks Meter: 2,195

Donate to Me
More
Just a note, your 2.08 trans mms works fine on 2.17..I kanged it long ago. Lol
The Following User Says Thank You to billbowers For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift billbowers Ad-Free
25th April 2012, 01:48 AM |#107  

More
Quote:

Ok, here is a zip of an independent mms ready to flash. Make a nandroid first, as I said I'm not sure it will work on the new base. Also attached is a zip of the images that need to be changed in resources, fusion.apk and any skin you will want to use. Keep in mind that these edits will also make several other apps have transparent backgrounds as well as some 3rd party apps too. If the independent one works it will only make mms background trans. Please let me know how you make out with it, and good luck.

http://db.tt/fqASNmJ0
http://db.tt/EyqHfs9x

Thanks so much! i appreciate that you and fern took the time to help me i think now ill be able to figure it out
25th April 2012, 02:56 AM |#108  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wilmington, De.

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks so much! i appreciate that you and fern took the time to help me i think now ill be able to figure it out

You are very welcome, that's what we're here for. Update us on your progress if you don't mind.

Recognized " Bad Seed "
25th April 2012, 05:26 AM |#109  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wilmington, De.

Donate to Me
More
New link to KemikalElite's Ultimate Phone Guide is posted in the OP. Check it out, there is a ton of good information in there. Thanks again for participating.

Also added the animated dropdown tutorial for sense 3.0 written by Gunthermic ( original mod by Gruesome Wolf) Thank you both for your contributions.
25th April 2012, 04:46 PM |#110  

More
Quote:

You are very welcome, that's what we're here for. Update us on your progress if you don't mind.

Recognized " Bad Seed "

alright i will. I'm not sure when ill be finished tho
25th April 2012, 08:48 PM |#111  
Portland
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Litterally have looked everywhere but can't find a straight answer or one that actually works so can someone please please please help me out with this whole "adb was not found you will not be able to manipulate the files on your phone" in apk multitool problem. Every forum, every thread and every post has not gotten me any closer to solving this and the fact that most answers I've found are 4 months to a year old doesn't give me confidence that anything will even work for newer versions of apk manager/multitool. Hell, I don't even know if I truly have the most recent or most functional version of it!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)