[Q] Iconia tab A510

Search This thread

naira1

Nov 13, 2010
Since there´s no dedicated section for the A510 (at least I can´t find any) I decided to ask my question here. Many apologies for this.

Does anybody knows if the A510 come with a Gorilla glass I or II or without?

Edit:
The Acer homepage as well as GSMarena didn´t have mention of what display type is on the A510

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
Since there´s no dedicated section for the A510 (at least I can´t find any) I decided to ask my question here. Many apologies for this.

Does anybody knows if the A510 come with a Gorilla glass I or II or without?

Edit:
The Acer homepage as well as GSMarena didn´t have mention of what display type is on the A510

Well, considering nobody has one, and nobody has done a review on one, and Acer only showed a glimpse of one earlier at the CES convention, I would say....

Who knows....

I'm hoping for gorilla glass VI. After seeing them drop a 20kg from 50m on that tab. Wow! Man, the glass didn't have a scratch one!!!

.....tablet was flattened to a pancake though...

naira1

Nov 13, 2010
The tablet would be a good steal if it comes with a gorilla glass.

BethyM

Oct 21, 2009
Chat with Acer

I decided to ask Acer directly because info on web is unclear. Here are the relevant parts of the chat:

Gayathri S: Hi, my name is Gayathri S. How may I help you?
Beth: I would like to know if the new A510 has Gorilla GLass like the A500 does?

(pause, wait, get coffee, wait for info to be looked up, voila!)

Gayathri S: Now a days all the models in Iconia Tablet has Gorilla Glass display.
Beth: Excellent news! It's unclear and some reviewers have speculated that it does not.
Beth: Any word on actual shipping dates?
Gayathri S: unfortunately, I am sure about the shipment dates. Once it confirmed you will get the information through online.
Beth: Ok, thank you for your assistance.

So, take it for what it is :) I'm hopefully my amazon pre-order will ship soon.

naira1

Nov 13, 2010
I decided to ask Acer directly because info on web is unclear. Here are the relevant parts of the chat:

Gayathri S: Now a days all the models in Iconia Tablet has Gorilla Glass display.
Beth: Excellent news! It's unclear and some reviewers have speculated that it does not.
That´s a funny response. Not confirming if it has gorilla glass or not but making a general assumption.

Well waiting for the availability in Germany as it seem it´s now available in France and Luxemburg.

BENETNATH

Jan 7, 2011
yep,

i just got mine in france yesterday.
some hundreds of tabs were delivered by acer all over france, really tricky to get one, with pre-ordering only.
only one vendor has, nothing online.

playing with my new toy, waiting for a dedicated place and rooting solution !

TomONeill

Dec 4, 2008
yep,

some hundreds of tabs were delivered by acer all over france, really tricky to get one, with pre-ordering only.

Awesome!
I'm planning to buy this tablet also, let's hope they are able to root it.

naira1

Nov 13, 2010
yep,

Have u noticed any issue with the WiFi or GPS ala Transformer Prime?

TomONeill

Dec 4, 2008
Have u noticed any issue with the WiFi or GPS ala Transformer Prime?

Zero issues following a review from a user in the Amazon store.
http://www.amazon.com/review/R1PGJ6...e=UTF8&ASIN=B007E8TWPU&nodeID=541966&store=pc

Well let me start off by saying I am quite pleased to be the first one to be able to rate this awesome tablet. I've owned the original Acer Iconia A500, the Asus Transformer, the Motorola Xoom and the Samsung Galaxy Tab and liked them all, but this, obviously is the next generation of tablets. First off, the price blows the (somewhat inferior) Transformer Prime out of the water. Insiders (as of 4-16-12) have told me that the Prime has been discontinued this month but news has not hit yet. They will be making this up by producing the T300 which will be a prime at less money the way it should have been from the beginning.

This tablet does everything it should with the amazing speed of quad core tegra3. The screen is crystal clear and the viewing angles are quite deep. There is plenty of memory with a cheap way to get 64gb out of this by getting a microsd card (32gb). The wi-fi is strong and the gps has zero issues with lock or signal. Sound is very nice in stereo and sounds expensive for such an inexpensive unit. All in all a great buy and you should not hesitate to buy this for its amazingly inexpensive price!

Update: The tablet, hooked up to a 56" lcd tv streaming hd movies works perfect with no issues.

I also had it hooked up to a wi-fi hotspot from my phone through Sprint to use google maps in the car and it works very well.

I already had a chance to drop it on the ground accidentally and it fell screen first onto pavement and not a scratch on it. I wish there were already cases and protectors for it but have to wait on those. Again, I wouldn't hesitate. That video review right below my review seems to be of a defective unit.

BENETNATH

Jan 7, 2011
no issues at all.
i got a replacement one, because the first was defective (random reboot, freezings..)

but the new one works perfectly..

KnukLHead

Feb 24, 2012
Emmet Ar
The wifi is good but my GPS doesn't work at all. I ran a speed test with the speed test.net app connected to a cable connected wifi router and it averaged 10 to 11mbs. Only had 3 out of 4 bars. The GPS issue kinda sux cause my a500 had a bad GPS unit in it to. I always have my phone but still. May send it back for repairs .. and I think they have already found a rooting method I'm just waiting to decide if I'm gonna send it back or not before I try it

BENETNATH

Jan 7, 2011
No lucky
My a501 was quite good on gps, but the a510 is definitively better. I've got a capture even inside my house.

naira1

Nov 13, 2010
This tablet has been out for a while now, it would be much appreciated if the mod in forum can get a dedicated thread for the acer iconia tab a510.

Its not fun going through the Tab A500 thread for information and review of A510

Reactions: AspenMan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tablet has been out for a while now, it would be much appreciated if the mod in forum can get a dedicated thread for the acer iconia tab a510.

Its not fun going through the Tab A500 thread for information and review of A510