ICS Official Release

Search This thread

norpan111

Mar 28, 2010
Halmstad
I'm sorry, I just did a very lazy Google search for you. I haven't read about this since I bought my Nexus in December. There are thousands of articles about this back when ICS was announced.

4th paragraph down
http://blogs.computerworld.com/18919/android_ice_cream_sandwich_everything_we_know_so_far

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

I too searched a bit but didn't find anything useful or up to date :/ would be an interesting read. Thanks anyway

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

sl2222

Jan 14, 2012
ota updates after rooting

I was wondering if anyone knows whether the 10.1 will take the ics update (when it finally comes) if I have a stock rom but have it rooted?
Thanks

Panos_dm

Jan 26, 2011
I was wondering if anyone knows whether the 10.1 will take the ics update (when it finally comes) if I have a stock rom but have it rooted?
Thanks

Possibly yes. I updated from 3.1 to 3.2 on stock rooted and even the root remained! But chances are you will loose root in 4.0.

Sent from my amazing 10.1 galaxy tab :)

er453r

Jan 1, 2012
They obviously want SGS3 to be the first with ICS, so they are holding releases for other devices.

vibecatalin

Jul 6, 2008
All the direct competitors of Galaxy Tab 10.1 ( Acer Iconia, Motorola Xoom and Asus Transformer ) got the ICS update. Why is Samsung wants to be at the end ???

Just_Another_N00b

Mar 2, 2012
Oil- and Cowtown, AB
It will come, just the when is unclear...

My educated guess is that Samsung has been degraded from preferred Android partner (of Google) to middle or low end of the pack. If the build were so simple (and it is, as we see in all the Roms coming out for HC and ICS) it could only be one of two things: either marketing want to sell the Tab 2 with ICS before the current customer-line gets their update or there are some issues on drivers and Google is not that forthcoming in the assistance...

I have been happy with stock HC 3.2 on the P7510 and have played with some HC Roms, but I do need the camera working correctly before going to any ICS...

That's just my $0.02

Ahazu

Apr 16, 2012
Natal
wtf is samsung thinking of us?

For a product (3g) that is more expensive than the wifi, with same spec not getting the update is simply unacceptable.

Even sony released the ics before samsung....

Gonna think twice before buying any samsung device.

DiscipleRob

Jan 6, 2012
Baltimore
Just my opinion, but Samsung seems awfully hung up on their TouchWiz software and I would bet the delay is in trying to upgrade TouchWiz to be compatible with ICS.

If only they would make it optional... thank God for CM9!

Rob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Verizon version will have camera drivers which are basically all that is lacking from making CM9 perfect.
    that was the wish list not the current reality :)

Camera working for the tab?

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

don't we all?

but unfortunately this is beyond our control - but no we are not unique - I'd much rather have HC with everything working or a faster ICS than Wifi issues (transformer prime) that are yet to be solved or a walled garden experience that iPad gives you, or a overpriced HP playbook that has no apps...

each vendor has its own issues, and glad to say at least got the Galaxy Tab, there are tons of work arounds - reason i am here at XDA is i can pop in ICS anytime i want to, pop in GalaxyTask when i need camera functionality. It does 99% of what i need my tablet to do regardless of OS

why suffer the heartburn, buyers remorse and unnecessary stress? Have a cold beer and enjoy what you got

Its funny how everyone just misses the point.... ics is an update. As in changes for the better. Do I need ics? Do I need honeycomb? Do I need gingerbread? Do I need any updates? Why not just stick with stock os the device comes with? I mean, its all marginal gains and changes.

Ics does improve on many things, and for the amount of money I spent on this tablet. Is it so much to ask for a timely update? Now many months was Samsung late on 3.2? And now that its out, now many would want the buggy, laggy, less stable 3.1?

I use my tab to browse and stream flash or Netflix. I've used both 3.2 and ics. Ics is better, faster, and more stable in every way. So yes, I would like the new update for a better experiance.
    Ok. I have bean in samsungs conference and they told us that there will be updates for s2 in 12 or 13 april, and in the midle of the may for tab 10.1 and note.
    The biggest news was new galaxy note 10.1, that looks the same as new tab 10.1 with bether cpu and smart pan. Nothing revolutionary. In my opinion not worth to sel ours tab yet. :)

P.S.: sorry for my por english

Wow!

I've got the Galaxy Tab 10.1 despite others because I thought it would be the second tablet ( first XOOM ) that gets ICS and now...........