w00t for battery life

Search This thread

btroop

Mar 19, 2011
I'm on broken out revo 1.1, and I need to say that zv8 and the work mtmichaelson has put into this phone has not only saved it from disaster, but made it something to be fond of.

I didn't think this kind of battery life was possible, so thank you!

*note that this is on a stock battery and for 6hrs one night the phone was in airplane mode...

uploadfromtaptalk1335286813392.jpg

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA

ch4d

Apr 22, 2012
FG
nice nice man i have the extended battery on mine and im looking at 13hrs 26mins and 46sec on my battery and im at 29% can i ask how you make yours last so long and how long do you play on it etc?

Cal8192

Dec 4, 2010
College Station, Tx
If you look closely at his status bar those black areas show huge amounts of time the phone was asleep. Still, impressive. I'm guessing he spends a lot of time on wifi and hasn't bumped up his min proc speed.

Also, +1 for Go SMS.

btroop

Mar 19, 2011
If you look closely at his status bar those black areas show huge amounts of time the phone was asleep. Still, impressive. I'm guessing he spends a lot of time on wifi and hasn't bumped up his min proc speed.

Also, +1 for Go SMS.

I actually keep wifi off most of the time, unless i'm at home. The wifi at work drops its signal a lot and forces my phone to constantly switch between wifi and LTE, so I usually just rely on LTE. I'm in Seattle, so my LTE coverage is very solid and consistent; I rarely see my phone dropping to a 3G network.

I thought I had bumped my minimum processor speed up to 245, but i guess i didn't make it stick, so I was running the 122.

And even though there was plenty of sleep time for the phone, it is still close to a 3x improvement over stock zv5 and zv7, as well as GingerVolt. On some of those rom's i'd be lucky if my phone made it 12 hrs on a good day without draining the battery.

btroop

Mar 19, 2011
nice nice man i have the extended battery on mine and im looking at 13hrs 26mins and 46sec on my battery and im at 29% can i ask how you make yours last so long and how long do you play on it etc?

what ROM are you on? that seems to have the greatest impact, because before ZV8 battery life was mostly terrible.

I would estimate my phone usage to be close to, if not slightly under, normal. No graphics heavy games, but normal text messages, emails, banking, calls, facebook, calendar, alarm...you get the idea.

ch4d

Apr 22, 2012
FG
well i have the extended battery but everything on my phone except my battery is stock ZV8 and everything else i would like to root it but im scared of losing everything

btroop

Mar 19, 2011
if you follow all the directions to a T, you shouldn't run into any problems. and the more you practice, the more comfortable you'll feel about working with your phone.

root and broken out ftw. it will make your phone worth having, because the stock that verizon puts on this is crap and will leave you frustrated.

If you can get all of your important documents/files onto your computer, just reload them...I erase everything from my phone on a fairly regular basis and really only keep what i absolutely need. that, and setting everything back up really isn't that difficult. its all part of the process and fun of having an android ;)

Reactions: SmokinHawtVegasChic
Apr 27, 2012
well i have the extended battery but everything on my phone except my battery is stock ZV8 and everything else i would like to root it but im scared of losing everything

I just rooted and had this happen. Lost everything off my SDcard too. I was sooooo :mad: Just wanted to cry. But my documents were on my computer so I was okay with that. Pics/Music too. But was more upset that I lost my app backup. It's a pain to download 92 apps and remember them all...:eek:

But it's worth it.

patsoxfan

Jul 24, 2011
I just rooted and had this happen. Lost everything off my SDcard too. I was sooooo :mad: Just wanted to cry. But my documents were on my computer so I was okay with that. Pics/Music too. But was more upset that I lost my app backup. It's a pain to download 92 apps and remember them all...:eek:

But it's worth it.

Go to the app store on your computer. All the apps you downloaded will be there and you can then re-download them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm on broken out revo 1.1, and I need to say that zv8 and the work mtmichaelson has put into this phone has not only saved it from disaster, but made it something to be fond of.

I didn't think this kind of battery life was possible, so thank you!

*note that this is on a stock battery and for 6hrs one night the phone was in airplane mode...

uploadfromtaptalk1335286813392.jpg

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA
    if you follow all the directions to a T, you shouldn't run into any problems. and the more you practice, the more comfortable you'll feel about working with your phone.

root and broken out ftw. it will make your phone worth having, because the stock that verizon puts on this is crap and will leave you frustrated.

If you can get all of your important documents/files onto your computer, just reload them...I erase everything from my phone on a fairly regular basis and really only keep what i absolutely need. that, and setting everything back up really isn't that difficult. its all part of the process and fun of having an android ;)