Remove Diamond Dialer....

Search This thread

dimisxxx

Feb 13, 2007
Espoo Finland
Hello sorry to ask but i was searching in the forums and i didnt found how to remove the diamond dialer so i will have 10 mb more so ............please someone know??? but also how to get it back when i decided.......

Black93300ZX

Jul 23, 2008
Brooklyn
Hello sorry to ask but i was searching in the forums and i didnt found how to remove the diamond dialer so i will have 10 mb more so ............please someone know??? but also how to get it back when i decided.......

Schaps AdvancedConfig lets you do it, it's one of the options.

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=69442&d=1202399126

Great little program. :)

Note: I was assuming by "Diamond dialer" you mean the phone skin, if that's not what you're talking about sorry. I didn't realize it gave that much memory, that's the only reason I'm putting this. :p

Last edited:

dimisxxx

Feb 13, 2007
Espoo Finland

aydc

Jul 31, 2006
The problem is, you lose a lot of functionality by disabling it. (Video calls, Volume keys, turn phone upside down to mute, save to contacts popup etc. etc.)

I wish someone could find out why it takes so much RAM and compress the images or something to make it smaller.

Black93300ZX

Jul 23, 2008
Brooklyn
The problem is, you lose a lot of functionality by disabling it. (Video calls, Volume keys, turn phone upside down to mute, save to contacts popup etc. etc.)

I wish someone could find out why it takes so much RAM and compress the images or something to make it smaller.

Eh, video calls aren't functional for me anyways... I have no front camera... :(

But yeah, I keep it on because I didn't notice a huge performance difference with it off, and it looks so much nicer when it's there. :)

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
It takes memory because of the images. The images are almost all stored in a dll, so compressing them is not easy.

aydc

Jul 31, 2006
It takes memory because of the images. The images are almost all stored in a dll, so compressing them is not easy.

Most images in DLL's can be taken out with a resource editor like Resource Hack. Then you can compress the images and put them back in. If I knew which dll we were talking about, I would give it a try.

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
Most images in DLL's can be taken out with a resource editor like Resource Hack. Then you can compress the images and put them back in. If I knew which dll we were talking about, I would give it a try.
But they need to remain as the correct format to work, and they may not work well if compressed...

phcan.dll, and phcanOver.dll (or something like that) contain quite a lot of the images.

The thread linked above is indeed about this particular discussion, but not the same as the OP.