[Q] Roms for 2.3.3

Search This thread

king..kranium

Jan 30, 2012
Mamou
No I've never nandroided, not really sure how. And can u walk me through the process of doing the 2.3.5 update :D:thumbup:

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA

Well its not terrible. I have never gone to 2.3.5 cuz no cm. Just follow directions step by step. And if any part is unclear ask before hand. I did this with first rom flash( my first ever rom for my first android was cm7dx2!) and it went off without a hitch. The instructions are always precise and safe ...

cyanogenmod

Reactions: Broadley1

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
Nandroid backups are quick and easy:

Boot into Bootstrap recovery
Go to Backup and Restore
Hit External SD card
Hit Backup
Can't remember if you have to pick yes or no here but if you do you'd obviously pick yes

Wait about 5-10 minutes for it to work and boom you have a nice backup image!

Now in order to get to the backup, you would go Backup and restore > External Sd card > Restore

Keep in mind that backup images are arranged by date so you will have to remember the specific day for each backup. Having this little app called Nandroid Browser makes finding everything a tad easier!

Give me a moment to find the 2.3.5 update thread. The process is slightly longer than flashing a single rom.

And here we are:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1391824

This is motcher's fantastic 2.3.4 to 2.3.5 walkthrough. Follow it to the T and all be fine.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Broadley1

Apr 12, 2012
I've tried getting into bootstrap recovery but am having no luck. I tried Droid 2, clockwork mod, and titanium backup but still no luck just boots normally? Isn't their a manual way?:confused:

Broadley1

Apr 12, 2012
no I didnt have it plugged into the charger should I? and the link you gave me for the 2.3.5 isnt their?

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
no I didnt have it plugged into the charger should I? and the link you gave me for the 2.3.5 isnt their?

Ugh Tapatalk is properly copying links. I'm sorry.

Usually you want to have your phone plugged into the wall charger.

When you go to the development section of the X2 forum, look at the stickies for "how to go from any 2.3.4 based rom to 2.3.5" That isn't the exact title but it very very close.

Last edited:

Broadley1

Apr 12, 2012
I got it bud, I manually went into the link you sent me and followed the instructions there. I needed the dx2 bootstrap apk that was in the link. So I successfully backed up my current state. Now I am a little confused about the procedure on the 2.3.5(412) im confused about it saying that i install the 235 build but then root and then clean wipe and install the 235 zip again? thats the confusing part.

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
I got it bud, I manually went into the link you sent me and followed the instructions there. I needed the dx2 bootstrap apk that was in the link. So I successfully backed up my current state. Now I am a little confused about the procedure on the 2.3.5(412) im confused about it saying that i install the 235 build but then root and then clean wipe and install the 235 zip again? thats the confusing part.

Ah ok that was my next guess. Good.

You are sort of correct about the update procedure. You arent supposed to have already have 2.3.5. If you did then this whole thing would be kinda odd lol. What you need to do is
Sbf to 2.3.4
Wipe everything (big 3)
Install the 2.3.5 update
Of course the guide goes into more detail but thats just to get you going.

Is that a little clearer?

Last edited:

Broadley1

Apr 12, 2012
Thanks bud I SBF,D back and followed it word for word. Now I'm runnin eclipse seems pretty sick so far. I gotta thank I again you have been a huge help:D:thumbup:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well there were several eclipse releases for that build but I highly doubt anyone has access to them. Hosting for old roms isn't a priority. Honestly you are better off upgrading your build and kernel. 2.3.3 wasn't the most stable

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium
    What would u suggest:)

You can do cm7dx2 with the 2.3.4 or eclipse 2.1 with the 2.3.5 update

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium
    If you update to 2.3.4 then eclipse 1.3 is very stable! Let me know if you need a link. You can always save root with voodoo root keeper free app and just take the OTA.

I would also strongly using the rerecovery zips as well to always flash last before you reboot in bsr. If you are not sure what I mean I will post a link.
    Yea Travis a link would be great so 2.3.4 is what I should sbf to and i have rootkeeper already but was just wondering what the root method was? Psouza has a method for that right.:D

Rootkeeper isn't necessary for 2.3.4. It could actually cause problems with flashing the rom. Use Pete's one click.

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium
    Thanks I did the 2.3.4 update and rooted now I wanna do a rom but not sure of the process read a couple of different ways, kinda confused:confused::D

Which rom(s) are you looking at? The flashing process is cake! Which part of it is confusing? Everyone can help you!