The 'Returns and Replacements' thread.

Search This thread

MeestaSnake

Apr 23, 2012
I got my replacement One X today from Chitter Chatter, fast turnaround as I only sent it back on Monday. Weirdly, it came back in the very same box that I sent the faulty one in along with the same headphones (in torn bag) and with the old phone's serial no sticker for repair. More worringly, the box had been damaged and kind of caved in one one side so I made sure to show that to the postman. Checked the serial number of the phone just to verify it was indeed a replacement and thankfully no yellow spots or other issues! Antutu and Quadrant scores are higher with this phone too (HT23 white)

I am so glad to have a One X again, I really missed it..

mark.m.moran

Mar 2, 2010
Dublin
Called them this morning and they have it since yesterday but could not tell me anything other than that. Am gonna call again Monday for an update!

simp147

Sep 19, 2009
Newcastle
So my 2nd One X came today. The notification LED shines all the way through to the back of the phone and I get a nice orange or green glow all the way through to the back of the phone around the SIM tray and above the camera.

Back it goes.

Sorry forgot to add it's a White HT24.

Last edited:

Audioboxer

Aug 24, 2010
Called them this morning and they have it since yesterday but could not tell me anything other than that. Am gonna call again Monday for an update!

Okay good, mainly wanted to make sure they were getting them okay. As annoying as it is I am hoping the repair takes it's time to ensure whatever is going on behind closed doors with the screen flickering/flex, is passed down to repair.

Last thing we need is another LCD screen slapped in it, and the same problems on our end a few days later.

So my 2nd One X came today. The notification LED shines all the way through to the back of the phone and I get a nice orange or green glow all the way through to the back of the phone around the SIM tray and above the camera.

Back it goes.

Jeez oh it's never-ending. Don't think I could play the exchange lottery (well I never got a choice as Affordable Mobiles are a terrible retailer), I'd most likely recommend anyone on a 3rd/4th phone send for repair now. Unless of course you can still cancel and return - That's a no brainer at this point if you can.

simp147

Sep 19, 2009
Newcastle
Okay good, mainly wanted to make sure they were getting them okay. As annoying as it is I am hoping the repair takes it's time to ensure whatever is going on behind closed doors with the screen flickering/flex, is passed down to repair.

Last thing we need is another LCD screen slapped in it, and the same problems on our end a few days later.

Jeez oh it's never-ending. Don't think I could play the exchange lottery (well I never got a choice as Affordable Mobiles are a terrible retailer), I'd most likely recommend anyone on a 3rd/4th phone send for repair now. Unless of course you can still cancel and return - That's a no brainer at this point if you can.

So annoyed, because it's perfect apart from this. :mad:

tku137

Nov 22, 2009
Got mine replaced a week ago. It rebooted everytime the screen gone off and a couple of minutes after keeping it on by using it.

After replacement everything is quite perfect. I only had the notification-icon-glitch once, but not a second time and I guess (hope) after 1.28 update I will never again ;-)

Send from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

mark.m.moran

Mar 2, 2010
Dublin

I would have thought the only way to fix the issue I have with the yellow and blue spots\line was to replace the LCD??

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
now that i had time with my new HT243 grey i found only two tiny issues that are fine with me

a semi dead pixel in almost the middle of the screen, thankfully only apparent in angled view on white background, im trying to cure if i, unless its just a speckle in the glue

and imperfections to the soft finish beneath the screen, like imperfect spraying, only visible in certain lighting, also has a scratch in the same area

bounty123

Apr 27, 2012
I'm on my 3rd device now, getting the 4th next week - they went out of stock so I must wait for the next shipment.

1. The first one had a manufacturing defect, the led light was also visible on a spot between the case and the screen. (no pixel error thoug, I regret changing it now, this defect was not so dramatic)
2. Pixel error
3. Pixel error
4. This time I will test the phone in the shop, and won't leave with a pixel error screen...

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
alright..........so im on the latest OTA for asian WWE. I'm in the US with AT&T, got this One X thru a trade on craigslist.

I did that battery test recommended by HTC...........i'm at 58% with 45 minutes of screen on time. Clearly messed up.

I also have the flicker on light grey colors.

What should I do? I don't know the original seller, nor would it help since I don't have receipt or anything. Should I just contact HTC and call them up? You think i'd have to wait like 3 weeks?

Edit: Or many i'll try flashing a custom ROM and seeing if it solves battery, but according to the test. It's hardware.

Or I wait till the AT&T One X comes out and hopefully trade for it haha......be relieved of all these int'l one x problems

Edit2: It's also overheating I think. Or something on the homescreen is making it run at full power. Just left it sitting on the homescreen, it hit 58 degrees celsius..........you think a widget was causing it or something? or the background? I had the dark grey one with a few colored lines as my wallpaper.

Last edited:

hetalmp

Sep 11, 2008
Has anyone done a replacement with dialaphone. What is there turn around like. Mine isn't good with GPS/compass. So want to know how long I have to wait for my phone.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Wizxt

Apr 26, 2012
Tried to replace it today because it has a yellow band at the bottom of the screen.
Shop wouldnt accept it because it was past the 7 day return policy. After that i went to the HTC repair center, they told me sending it in for repair has no use because it would get send back w/o being repaired (Dynafix, Netherlands). The salesman told me there is no solution for the yellow spots yet...

phone is a ht23.

Superpiper1972

Apr 2, 2012
Faults are popping up on lots of forums about the one X

HTC have made a right Lemon here, Most people are holding out for the SIII now, the faults are THAT common.

Not good

A very nice posting from my brick

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just sent my white HTC one x back to buymobilesdirect as it had screen corruption under touch pressure, fantastic phone apart from that.

Will have my new one on wednesday, fingers crossed!

I bought GTA 3 and showdowgun will I be able to redownload for free or am I going to have to pay for them again??

Made taiwan ht23
    Same as OP. Sent today pre paid envelope to DAP for same reasons. White model made in Taiwan. Screen strobing on greys on all brightness levels.
    Sent an exchange request to Affordable Mobiles (screen ripples and strobing), won't surprise me if they take days to respond and then ask me to pay for postage :mad:
    Just returning my 2nd hox from three UK (grey) model.

1st HTC one x was dead on arrival, not charging or turning on.

2nd HTC has screen flickering and all usual bugs, intermittent graphic anomalies, coloured bars on left while using camera, browser distorted graphics in top bar and weird box in middle of screen, sense reloading constantly even with 2 factory resets.

Phoned HTC and they said they new of no problems or bugs with one x and no updates coming. Very worrying. 3rd handset on way, last chance HTC then over to galaxy III.
    Ere u go , HTC UK.

01279 206906