Project kitchen sink (cm9,miui,cna,aokp,gummy, plus tons of options) v2.0 5/3/12

Search This thread

Malaquai

Aug 21, 2011
Excellent job guys. Too many options, stable, Nice. For me, with the next release , the only thing to resolve is the issues with hardware drivers (camcorder, accelerated video, etc.). Waiting for nvidia... Very thanks again.

TheSmokingAndroid

Apr 2, 2010
Victoria
Lots of changes coming, mainly isolating features that don't play well with certain options. However what's planned it

Aokp
Mystery rom
Better tweak options with lots and lots of tweaks
Better base options(keep options that don't work isolated)
Tablet mod hopefully for all bases
Card style multitasking option
More options
Fixes to prevent issues between bases
Multi language support

Keep in mind this is a lot of work so not all of it will be done anytime soon.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA
Good lord. Mah! put on a pot of coffee, it's gunna be a long night...

avalakvista

Sep 8, 2011
Sorry, but this post is not only an insult to many people's intelligences', but is also totally unhelpful, yes, I know what 2D is! BUT ARE THESE 2D LIBS BETTER, WHAT ARE THE CHANGES?

(Please don't take this the wrong way...)

Apologies, but that was a particular answer to a particular question.

Your question differs.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
CNA base is working great for me.

Some issues:
you cannot use the system settings to make any changes to the notification bar(clock, battery, signal).

Also the "power widgets" cannot be added to notification pull down, and the onscreen soft keys cannot be added.

Just a few things i've noticed so far

sendust7

Oct 24, 2011
California
Boot loop is due to installing something incompatible with the base from you chose. What selections have you put together?

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium
Dont choose to install the ICS Reloaded settings, or the Soft Key onscreen buttons.

They cause CNA not to get past boot animation

OK I'm good now... Wed, 25 Apr 2012 15:40 PDT:

CM9 base
Custom Install
Full Wipe (probably overkill in hindsight)
Custom kernel (Joker 1.0)
GPS Config - North America
Install all launchers (default)
Boot animation: CM9
Keyboard: Stock CM9
File Manager: File Manager
Google TTS
CM9 Music
Install Gapps
Install WP Apps
No Soft Keys
Default build.prop
No alternate 2D libs
No rotate fix
No search button remap
No beats audio
No Bravia mod
No Reloaded ICS (thanks to ATRIXXIRTA and Th3Bill for hints :))
Extra WP
Titanium Backup

Success.

Now repeat steps above except with Reloaded ICS (RICS), and Atrix boots with RICS in the app table :D

Though MB860 is on the RICS compatibility list for CM9… http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23713056&postcount=233 , it still may be necessary to install KS CM9 without RICS --- as appears to be the case for CNA based on ATRIXXIRTA's observation --- and then flash RICS later.

Last edited:

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
Glad to see it worked out.

But I dont think ICS reloaded won't work with CNA because of the kernel, but rather the ROM itself.

You should (i think) be ok to use the 1.3 as long as YOU ARE USING CM9 AS THE BASE ROM.

If your going to be using CNA DO NOT CHOOSE ICS RELOADED or SOFTKEYS and you should be ok, thats how I got it to work for me anyway..

But install KS however you can get it working and then flash jokers 1.3v4 after and you should be good to go :)

cmoG530

Sep 7, 2009
Glad to see it worked out.

But I dont think ICS reloaded won't work with CNA because of the kernel, but rather the ROM itself.

You should (i think) be ok to use the 1.3 as long as YOU ARE USING CM9 AS THE BASE ROM.

If your going to be using CNA DO NOT CHOOSE ICS RELOADED or SOFTKEYS and you should be ok, thats how I got it to work for me anyway..

But install KS however you can get it working and then flash jokers 1.3v4 after and you should be good to go :)

I think (don't quote me however), that it's framework related??? I don't know, but I always thought that, because of all the tweaks that CNA and AOKP have, that makes it incompatible, while CM9 has none.

#Sent from my God given Atrix 4G

stl-soldier

Apr 18, 2011
Hey Joker, do you mind sharing which radio you are currently using? I ask because I am getting some random reboots and I'd like to isolate the problem. I want to be on the same page as far as radio. Also, are there any logs I can check that might help? Thanks.

Anyone else having issues with occasional reboots, or having data stop working? If so, what radio?

jokersax11

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 13, 2009
www.jokersax.com
Hey Joker, do you mind sharing which radio you are currently using? I ask because I am getting some random reboots and I'd like to isolate the problem. I want to be on the same page as far as radio. Also, are there any logs I can check that might help? Thanks.

Anyone else having issues with occasional reboots, or having data stop working? If so, what radio?

I'm on sprint so....

Reactions: JonSchimmy

stl-soldier

Apr 18, 2011
I'm on sprint so....

Ah, right, didn't think about that. Where did you say the log to check was after a hard reboot? I don't remember where that post is.

BTW, I think if you posted about your latest BM you would still have one or two people hit the Thanks button on it. You deserve a lot of thanks, but I just find it funny.

Reactions: monzttr

jokersax11

Aug 13, 2009
www.jokersax.com
Ah, right, didn't think about that. Where did you say the log to check was after a hard reboot? I don't remember where that post is.

BTW, I think if you posted about your latest BM you would still have one or two people hit the Thanks button on it. You deserve a lot of thanks, but I just find it funny.

Lol

jokersax11

Aug 13, 2009
www.jokersax.com
Bro sorry for OT but we don't get more awesome installer for cm9? Or now will be this kitchen?

Awesome installer became kitchen sink. I have so many mods I want to let people use and kitchen sink will allow the choices to rain. I wasn't planning on customizing cm9 till it was official but I'm impatient

Awesome installer became kitchen sink. I have so many mods I want to let people use and kitchen sink will allow the choices to rain. I wasn't planning on customizing cm9 till it was official but I'm impatient

Certainly IMHO, i think you're doing the best way ;)

Enviado desde mi Atrix™ 4G CM7 Nightly

ko_wei13

Jan 7, 2012
CNA base is working great for me.

Some issues:
you cannot use the system settings to make any changes to the notification bar(clock, battery, signal).

Also the "power widgets" cannot be added to notification pull down, and the onscreen soft keys cannot be added.

Just a few things i've noticed so far
uploadfromtaptalk1335424979239.jpg
I'm running CNA as well, but i can change those setting. Never try the on screen soft keys, where can i find the setting?

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

David Guillot

Mar 31, 2012
Hey Joker,

Excellent work on this multi-ROM project ! Let us know when and how we can help you with translations ;)

Just a little suggestion : could you include the future CM9 music app (instead or in complement of the classic music app) ? I know it's not official yet, but believe me it's perfectly integrated, stable and beautiful !

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
View attachment 1025448
I'm running CNA as well, but i can change those setting. Never try the on screen soft keys, where can i find the setting?

Ya eventually those adjustments were made, but it didn't happen right away. Not sure why, but its all good now.

On screen buttons are called " navigation buttons"

There's a bunch of settings for those in the interface menu under Settings>Interface>Input settings>Navigation bar.

That's supposed to the "soft keys" that we have the option of installing through kitchen sink aroma process, but SHOULDNT if choosing cna.

Boot animation loop for me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    no wiping before flashing kitchen sink
    the files are need for the touchscreen to work

What is project kitchen sink?

Its cm9, miui, cna, and aokp in one installer with all the options, tweaks, modifications, and changes you could ever want.

Best part is you get to choose what you want and don't want. You can even change options and try different setups anytime without multiple cwm zips.

What's in it so far?
    The entire kitchen sink

What's gotta be done?
    Testing
    More stuff
    Aokp
    translations
    Polish
    More tweaks

requests
    htc multtask
    modded google maps
    -AOKP on screen navigation buttons.
    -Tablet mod
    -MIUI lockscreen
    -Fingerprint Navigation.

Downloads

cool facts for fellow devs!
    • 900 line installer script
    • 900 line aroma script
    • close to 2000 , ; and other annoying syntax bits that could go wrong
    • 3 full aosp roms
    • total of 700mb shoved into 350mb
    • well over 150 test zips(stupid syntax errors)
    • by far the most bipolar project to date.

Also requests are nice especially during the building period
    Joker and I got Kitchen working well in Photon. I finally got Aroma set up to the Atrix last night (took me 3 days). Time for me to get down to some work on the Atrix Kitchen. :) With any luck, we can get you guys a good, working 3 rom zip sometime today/tonight
    Existing ICS ROMs are diarrhea. I don't understand why you would take on a project this huge if what already exists is broken. Just saying...

Sent from my MB860 CM7 RC1 37p Radio

What is the point of this response? How does this add anything to the development of anything? Why do you care so much about what we are doing with our seemingly "wasted effort"?

Seriously, people....if you have something to assist us with this project, be it a question or comment that is helpful and relevant, we would love to hear it. If all you want to do is dis out work or make irrelevant and unnecessary comments, then save your time and keep it to yourself. I don't care if anyone doesn't like what we are choosing to do here with our work. We have CHOSEN to take on this project as a challenge to see if we can produce something that we thought would be cool. Nobody is requiring anyone to come to this thread.

SO,

Lets get back to work, and all those of you who would like to make irrelevant comments like this guy and the guy he was quoting, please feel free to close your browser or check another thread. Have a great day! :)
    Lots of changes coming, mainly isolating features that don't play well with certain options. However what's planned it

Aokp
    Mystery rom
    Better tweak options with lots and lots of tweaks
    Better base options(keep options that don't work isolated)
    Tablet mod hopefully for all bases
    Card style multitasking option
    More options
    Fixes to prevent issues between bases
    Multi language support

Keep in mind this is a lot of work so not all of it will be done anytime soon.

Any news on these releases ? Will they even happen ?

Patience...Patience

Everyone:
    Gonna really need your help when this next version drops Gonna need you to test different configurations out for us and let us know what happens. Seriously...this next release has the following:
    5 roms
    Extended Battery configuration for each
    7 boot animations
    2 extra File Managers
    Gapps with Face Unlock
    GPS Config
    2 Kernels
    4 Keyboards
    6 Launchers
    Forced/Non-forced Ril
    Alternate 2d libs
    CDMA/GSM (as well as tweaked/non tweaked) props for EACH BUILD
    rotation fix
    tts options
    Wallpaper options
    flash
    genie widget
    gallery
    maps
    music options
    reloaded
    titanium
    voicesearch
    weather
    youtube
    It will LITERALLY have HUNDREDS of possible configurations. There is NO way with the small group of devs we have on this project that we could EVER test all of this and have any time to add in new functions....or even keep our base roms (or this one) current. We'd be spending all day flashing.
    I know it's fun to just set your nicely working phone and wait for our next drop, but if that's what everyone does, this will take FOREVER to get properly set up so that we do not have non-compatible options showing up on roms.
    I know bootanimation loops suck, but they are ESSENTIAL for us to know what options you chose.

THANKS in advance for assisting us in this....and hope you enjoy the Kitchen!