Please help i will donate/ pay u

Search This thread

diskjockee

Apr 23, 2012
Howard
I have a Samsung Captivate which has been rooted and unlocked...it was running 2.3.5 uckk4
I believe I got a virus from downloading some app that was not on the market well long story short I tried to flash it back to a different version
I believe I put something in odin bootload that I wasnt suppose to it was an accident as you see I am a total noob at this then I use the 1 click unbrick now my phone keeps rebooting itself but i looked at the about phone which i get to for a few seconds before it reboots itself again and this is what it says

Firmware

Baseband
1879UCKF1

Kernel Version
1897UCKK414489

BUILD
gingerbreadUCKF1

I have tried a master reset since I could get it into debug just that it keeps looping and it worked in odin but not on my phone and this is what it generated

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <REFLASH>
- <UNIT>
<ESN>00000000000000 /0</ESN>
<TIMESTAMP>20120424002823</TIMESTAMP>
<RESULT>_20120424002823</RESULT>
<SOFTWARE_NAME>Downloader</SOFTWARE_NAME>
<SOFTWARE_VER>3.00</SOFTWARE_VER>
<OEM_NAME>SAMSUNG</OEM_NAME>
</UNIT>
</REFLASH>

PLEASE HELP ME....if you can get my phone operational again I WILL DONATE MONEY TO YOU!

I have tried EVERYTHING and searched FAR AND WIDE!!!! I almost forgot Odin does not display my device anymore...ie such as com4...I really have tried everything that's why I am willing to donate/ pay you if you can solve my problem....if odin recognizes my device then it gets stuck halfway through. As of today my computer recognizes my device but Odin does not!

I have read and tried everything here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=858765
and here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=731989
and alot of other things listed and not listed on this site

NEW IFO: now I'm stuck at ATT logo and can not get into download mode

Last edited:

ThisWasATriumph

Aug 14, 2010
Detroit
Xiaomi Mi 9
oh goodness... No need for donation but all you need to do is download a stock package odin like kk4 which is the most recent. Flash in download mode. There a sticky at the top of the thread list with all the packages.

In the future post in the questions/help section.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
DANG IT wrong section? SORRY MODERATORS!!!! SORRY

Ok I gave you the only warning in the PM. I have moved this thread. A word from the wise. Learn what you are doing before you do it. This is not something to be taken lightly. You could very easily mess something up beyond repair. Take a few hours to spend reading and researching.

Limitz Cash

Apr 7, 2012
Philadelphia
Make sure you're using a usb port that is on the motherboard (back of computer). Before you plug in your phone to flash, set up Odin first. Put all the files you are going to flash in the right places. After Odin is fully set up, plug in the usb to the back of your computer, then to you phone. Make sure you are in download mode. If the usb still isn't working, try a different USB port that is on the back of the computer. Connecting the usb to the back of the pc is very important. Odin doesn't recognize my phone when it's plugged in the front, when the phone is in download mode. Only the back usb ports.

If Odin still doesn't recognize the phone, try a different USB cable. But do everything else the exact same way as I described.

Also make sure you fully setup Odin before you plug your phone in to the usb.

Sent from my Serendipity VII flashed Captivate using xda premium

Last edited:

diskjockee

Apr 23, 2012
Howard
Make sure you're using a usb port that is on the motherboard (back of computer). Before you plug in your phone to flash, set up Odin first. Put all the files you are going to flash in the right places. After Odin is fully set up, plug in the usb to the back of your computer, then to you phone. Make sure you are in download mode. If the usb still isn't working, try a different USB port that is on the back of the computer. Connecting the usb to the back of the pc is very important. Odin doesn't recognize my phone when it's plugged in the front, when the phone is in download mode. Only the back usb ports.

If Odin still doesn't recognize the phone, try a different USB cable. But do everything else the exact same way as I described.

Also make sure you fully setup Odin before you plug your phone in to the usb.

I just tried that....it worked but now I'm stuck at the ATT logo

Limitz Cash

Apr 7, 2012
Philadelphia
You probably have mismatch kernel and bootloader loader. Maybe you can try to wipe data / factory reset in recovery.

patrick8996

Dec 29, 2011
Oregon
If you continue to go into a bootloop then I recommend a USB jig for the galaxy s series. I had had that happen before, Nothing worked, couldnt get it into download mode, couldnt get into recovery, Until I got the USB jig, Fixed my problem right away, and I flashed back to stock. The USB jig is only 6 bucks on ebay. Ill link you if you are interested.

Limitz Cash

Apr 7, 2012
Philadelphia
I know you're trying to be helpful, but there is no such thing as a kernel/bootloader mismatch...

Are you sure? Becuz I tried to flash an overclock kernel on my rom, and kept getting a bootloop. Then after flashing a few different kernels, the kernel that came with my rom didn't even work. I had to go back to stock and reflash my rom.

Idk, maybe it was just me then. I apologize. thank you for correcting me, that's how we learn what's right, and what's wrong. ;)

Last edited:

whisky23

Mar 22, 2012
noob advice

I'm a noob, so this comment might just serve to show how little I know, but whenever I find myself in a bootloop situation, I've noticed that the problem starts with the initial attempt of installing a rom via a kernel with an older version of CWM. During the post-install boot sequence, I'll see the AT&T splash screen, a CWM screen with script running, and then a reboot. Usually, accessing the CWM (now on a higher version) and reinstalling the rom will get it working. Not quite kernel / bootloader mismatch, but close.

Last edited:
Reactions: Limitz Cash

Limitz Cash

Apr 7, 2012
Philadelphia
I'm a noob, so this comment might just serve to show how little I know, but whenever I find myself in a bootloop situation, I've noticed that the problem starts with the initial attempt of installing a rom via a kernel with an older version of CWM. During the post-install boot sequence, I'll see the AT&T splash screen, a CWM screen with script running, and then a reboot. Usually, accessing the CWM (now on a higher version) and reinstalling the rom will get it working. Not quite kernel / bootloader mismatch, but close.

Ohh ok. That might have been my problem before. Thank you.

sepherian

Feb 21, 2011
Try this.
Buy a jig. Either off of Ebay or mobiletechvideos.com
That week get you into download mode.
Then find the HEIMDALL flasher for a build. (my favorite was the one click for saurom Kk4)
Install heimdall drivers, and flash. Boom. Functioning phone.

Reactions: 4-2ndtwin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DANG IT wrong section? SORRY MODERATORS!!!! SORRY

Ok I gave you the only warning in the PM. I have moved this thread. A word from the wise. Learn what you are doing before you do it. This is not something to be taken lightly. You could very easily mess something up beyond repair. Take a few hours to spend reading and researching.
    You probably have mismatch kernel and bootloader loader. Maybe you can try to wipe data / factory reset in recovery.

I know you're trying to be helpful, but there is no such thing as a kernel/bootloader mismatch...
    noob advice

Try this.
    Buy a jig. Either off of Ebay or mobiletechvideos.com
    That week get you into download mode.
    Then find the HEIMDALL flasher for a build. (my favorite was the one click for saurom Kk4)
    Install heimdall drivers, and flash. Boom. Functioning phone.