FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

{HELP} Interactive Help Forum!{TUTORIALS} Where questions are encouraged!

2,798 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,879

By jeffsanace, Senior Member on 18th April 2012, 04:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th April 2012, 08:48 PM |#111  
Portland
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Litterally have looked everywhere but can't find a straight answer or one that actually works so can someone please please please help me out with this whole "adb was not found you will not be able to manipulate the files on your phone" in apk multitool problem. Every forum, every thread and every post has not gotten me any closer to solving this and the fact that most answers I've found are 4 months to a year old doesn't give me confidence that anything will even work for newer versions of apk manager/multitool. Hell, I don't even know if I truly have the most recent or most functional version of it!

25th April 2012, 08:56 PM |#112  
Flag 取手市。日本
Thanks Meter: 520

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antny

Litterally have looked everywhere but can't find a straight answer or one that actually works so can someone please please please help me out with this whole "adb was not found you will not be able to manipulate the files on your phone" in apk multitool problem. Every forum, every thread and every post has not gotten me any closer to solving this and the fact that most answers I've found are 4 months to a year old doesn't give me confidence that anything will even work for newer versions of apk manager/multitool. Hell, I don't even know if I truly have the most recent or most functional version of it!

Yeah I had the same problem. You're better off using apktool, and adb. Seems to be more reliable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Robobob1221 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Robobob1221 Ad-Free
25th April 2012, 09:13 PM |#113  
Portland

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robobob1221

Yeah I had the same problem. You're better off using apktool, and adb. Seems to be more reliable.

Geez -_- Well whats the most reliable guide to using that? ALL I WANT TO DO IS FIGURE OUT THIS THEME STUFF!!!! haha
25th April 2012, 09:29 PM |#114  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wilmington, De.
Thanks Meter: 2,879

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Geez -_- Well whats the most reliable guide to using that? ALL I WANT TO DO IS FIGURE OUT THIS THEME STUFF!!!! haha

Check the tool links in the Op there is a lot of info in there.

Recognized " Bad Seed "
25th April 2012, 09:32 PM |#115  
Portland

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsanace

Check the tool links in the Op there is a lot of info in there.

Recognized " Bad Seed "

Yea I was just about to say that I was gonna use that.
25th April 2012, 10:06 PM |#116  
Thanks Meter: 2,326

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

does one have the android sdk installed.?
if not
link to it

do you have adb set to your paths.
if not .
im on windows 7 so this may /will be different on other operating software.
i installed the sdk in the root of c:/ as sdk

if/once installed locate the position of your adb.exe.
usualy found in platform tools folder of sdk.

if win 7 like me .in the folder containing adb ,tap the address bar and copy the address.

right click computer
select properties
on the left select advanced system settings.
then on the "environment variables" button

in the bottom box scroll to paths.
edit
nav to the end line .
add ";" without the quotes to the end of the line .
then enter the path to adb that you should have in clipboard.
mine is C:\SDK\platform-tools so entering that into paths would be
;C:\SDK\platform-tools
for what its worth i added the path to both boxes .but dont think its needed.
also while in there add the paths to java and apktool of choice also . "save you getting java errors later"
now test adb
open cmd prompt windows key +r or hold shift right click a folder open a cmd prompt here .saves you typing an address to a folder.
adb remount
adb devices
adb whatever you want really

hope that helps mate .
bit extreme a post i know but hopefully helps out others.
you should be able to use adb from anywhere on pc.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ajthescot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ajthescot Ad-Free
26th April 2012, 02:59 AM |#117  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsanace

You are very welcome, that's what we're here for. Update us on your progress if you don't mind.

Recognized " Bad Seed "

So i decided to give up on transparency.....and sense 3.0 i couldn't figure it out but this is what ive gotten to work so far...its not much. Sadly i cant seem to figure out how to change the rest of the notification.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shot_000005.png
Views:	116
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1025106   Click image for larger version

Name:	shot_000003.png
Views:	110
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	1025107   Click image for larger version

Name:	shot_000004.png
Views:	108
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	1025108  
The Following User Says Thank You to 1kyon1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 1kyon1 Ad-Free
26th April 2012, 03:24 AM |#118  
Flag Houston, Texas
Thanks Meter: 2,195

Donate to Me
More
Well, here's my little contribution to the thread... this was actually done by fernando, but i didn't see it listed on the OP so, i thought i'd write it up. All credit for this mod to fernando sor.

A SIMPLE WAY TO DO TRANSPARENCY THROUGHOUT MOST OF THE SYSTEM.

Decompile com.htc.resources and open res/values/styles.xml

Change this code (on line 401)

<style name="Htc" parent="@android:style/Theme">

to this code:

style name="Htc" parent="@android:style/Theme.Wallpaper">

Then add this item:

<item name="android:windowBackground">@color/transparent</item>

recompile and enjoy transparent goodness.

This mod will effect several system apps as well as many other user installed apps (xda, tapatalk, gtalk, ect...)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-14_07-40-59.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	1025131  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to billbowers For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift billbowers Ad-Free
26th April 2012, 03:34 AM |#119  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbowers

Well, here's my little contribution to the thread... this was actually done by fernando, but i didn't see it listed on the OP so, i thought i'd write it up. All credit for this mod to fernando sor.

<style name="Htc" parent="@android:style/Theme">

to this code:

Then add this item:

<item name="android:windowBackground">@color/transparent</item>

This mod will effect several system apps as well as many other user installed apps (xda, tapatalk, gtalk, ect...)

My transparency works! thanks! now i just need to figure out how to do it on aosp :/.
26th April 2012, 04:10 AM |#120  
Recognized Themer
Flag north of the wall
Thanks Meter: 5,631

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbowers

to this code:

Then add this item:

@color/transparent

Thanks Bill. Just remember to set your @color/ transparent to some shade like 80000000. remember also you can create your own color value and insert your xda handle as the color name
The mod effects all market apps that pull an inverted style. With htc phones it pulls from com.htc.resources which is generally inverted. Even tho some of the htc system apps have a listview applied, which is a horizontal very light grey layered over black background the market apps just pull the htc black style. At least with sense 3.0.
Unfortunately apktool will not decompile sense 4.0 com.htc.resources at the
Moment and will only recompile framework-res with certain code rewrites in values
a bad seed
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fernando sor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fernando sor Ad-Free
26th April 2012, 04:16 AM |#121  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando sor

Thanks Bill. Just remember to set your @color/ transparent to some shade like 80000000. remember also you can create your own color value and insert your xda handle as the color name
The mod effects all market apps that pull an inverted style. With htc phones it pulls from com.htc.resources which is generally inverted. Even tho some of the htc system apps have a listview applied, which is a horizontal very light grey layered over black background the market apps just pull the htc hero style. At least with sense 3.0
a bad seed

whats an xda handle? sorry if its a noob question.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)