[q] gold 2430mah battery for samsung i9000 galaxy s

Search This thread

Darkangels6sic6

Feb 3, 2011
I have never heard of this, but it looks amazing! Thank you. I'm gonna ask the seller. Seeming that the description claims it to be a Lithium Polymer battery it is very likely that it is normal sized. In the past I searched around and never found a lithium polymer battery for the Galaxy phones. It would be really nice if all phones had high capacity lithium polymer batteries.

My question is that something for the 19000 battery wise is the same size as all other Galaxy 1 variants correct?

Reactions: Shoey Peachew

lordxentris

Dec 15, 2010
Down Under
pchax.blogspot.com
I have never heard of this, but it looks amazing! Thank you. I'm gonna ask the seller. Seeming that the description claims it to be a Lithium Polymer battery it is very likely that it is normal sized. In the past I searched around and never found a lithium polymer battery for the Galaxy phones. It would be really nice if all phones had high capacity lithium polymer batteries.

My question is that something for the 19000 battery wise is the same size as all other Galaxy 1 variants correct?

Yes, you are right. After some more research @Wikipedia, LiPoly Batteries can have high capacity and can be used safely provided that you use the original chargers and not the cheap Chinese crap. BLE is not needed for them :). I might buy one soon, If i do, will update this thread. Wish me luck.

Darkangels6sic6

Feb 3, 2011
Yes, you are right. After some more research @Wikipedia, LiPoly Batteries can have high capacity and can be used safely provided that you use the original chargers and not the cheap Chinese crap. BLE is not needed for them :). I might buy one soon, If i do, will update this thread. Wish me luck.

Well then best of luck to both of us ;) I'm not sure why i couldn't remember at that moment, but any i9000 battery should fit the variants.

Darkangels6sic6

Feb 3, 2011
BTW guys, why buying from this seller when u have it on ebay.com a lot cheaper and with free delivery?
(I'm not allowed yet to post links so it's search for Item number: 280867655757 on ebay.com)

Oh wow. Thanks a lot. Much cheaper. Now I have to test. Just search for i9000 or Galaxy S 2450mah or 2430mah and find the correct one. This looks legit

lordxentris

Dec 15, 2010
Down Under
pchax.blogspot.com
BTW guys, why buying from this seller when u have it on ebay.com a lot cheaper and with free delivery?
(I'm not allowed yet to post links so it's search for Item number: 280867655757 on ebay.com)

Thanks Nice, Fine. :p +1

Well then best of luck to both of us ;) I'm not sure why i couldn't remember at that moment, but any i9000 battery should fit the variants.

Yes, My current battery is a i9000 battery :p

Oh wow. Thanks a lot. Much cheaper. Now I have to test. Just search for i9000 or Galaxy S 2450mah or 2430mah and find the correct one. This looks legit

Well ebay says he's got positive feedback so just keeping my fingers crossed. :)

sym86

May 3, 2012
Nantes
Hi !

Any feedback about this battery ?

Did you received it in time ?

Is it really better than the 1500 or 1800mAh ?

Thank you :)

davidgo

Mar 1, 2009
Auckland
To good to be true I think

I'd also love a battery which claims what this one does at this price, but It seems to good to be true. A bit of Googling shows a review for this battery with 2/2 "average" reviews which show it did not perform as promised (but it did work). There are also some other review sites which say pretty much the same thing. (I'd love to post the URL but can't because I'm a noob. A search for B005O8S4V0 on amazon.co.uk will find this.

Also, I think that if this technology was legit Samsung would have shipped it with the unit itself !!

Pity, I was really hoping it would work. I hate it that all the aftermarket batteries I have purchased sucked compared to the original.

DG

Reactions: sym86

sym86

May 3, 2012
Nantes
Yep i've finally bought a 1800mAh PolaCell battery. It seemed more secured to me.

Maybe i'm wrong (I hope for those who bought it) but as you said the 2430mha chinese one is too cheap to be true.

lordxentris

Dec 15, 2010
Down Under
pchax.blogspot.com
Lithium Ion is different to Lithium Polymer, the one on the link is a Lithium Polymer

More Details here
Code:
http://jartiuch.wordpress.com/2007/11/01/nimh-or-li-ion-or-li-polymer-what-to-consider%E2%80%A6/

Basically, Lithium Polymer batteries can have the same size but higher capacity, so there is a good chance that the battery is real.

But again I haven't still bought it cause I am running on a tight budget, but I am planning to buy one when I am selling my phone so that I can buy an Galaxy S3. :p

CuriousTech

Nov 16, 2010
Floor
That doesn't look like it could be a Li-Ion Polymer cell due to the rounded edge. Only a square edge or foil pack would mean it's a true prismatic cell which is the casing for Li-Ion Poly cells.

The 3.7V vs 3.6V already shows that most of these are using a technology better than just standard Li-Ion, so it wouldn't really be much of an improvement.

Different manufacturer use different materials for anode, cathode, and electrolyte and these Chinese companies use the cheapest ones. So you're either getting what you pay for or getting ripped off depending on how you look at the false advertising.

Reactions: lordxentris

CuriousTech

Nov 16, 2010
Floor
I think I grabbed the wrong one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/28086765575...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_3124wt_1163

It does look the same, but 2450. Interestingly it is made in Japan, not China. Here's the weight, plus the OEMs that I have for comparison:

32.3g OEM Captivate 1500mAh
34.3g Japan "Gold" 2450mAh
36.65g OEM Epic 1800mAh

So I was expecting it to come out around 1650mAh, but it gave me 1910 the first time. I'll use it for a few weeks and run another test. Not really sure what to expect though.

Edit: This battery is crap. 2nd run at 200mAh it failed at 4 hours, about 850mAh drained. Now it's hovering just over 3.5v, right over where the phone would shut down. Trying to get the rest out so I can cycle it again, but I think it will be getting a funeral tomorrow.

Last edited:

sinizter

Jan 2, 2011
Been running the "2430mAh battery" for about a week now with Battery Monitor Widget. Estimated rating is ~1300 mAh. Not great, but still gets me through the day with light-moderate usage.

For $10 it was worth a shot. At least the battery isn't COMPLETE garbage. :S

cbalt

Mar 4, 2011
I already have an 1800mah anker and it is working fine for around $10....I am getting an oem epic battery tomorrow hopefully and I just ordered this

http://www.amazon.com/Mugen-Extende...Z9TQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1338532343&sr=8-2

If they send a real mugen battery that works than I will be ecstatic.

Don't buy from that seller, seller1on1 did not ship a real mugen battery instead he shipped a cheap ass 3500mah chinese battery and door you can get on ebay for $8.

CuriousTech

Nov 16, 2010
Floor
This has been the strangest battery. After the second cycle I got 2300mAh out of it, but the phone was randomly shutting off. It started behaving after that though.

From what I understand some of these no name batteries come from good manufacturers' fail bins. They sell them off cheap instead of dumping them in landfill. So if that is the case, it's kind of a gamble.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21284891/Screenshot_2012-06-17-05-13-04.png

zzappo

Sep 17, 2010
Cheap Gold Battery to Samsung i9000

Hello,

I buy my gold battery from the webstore pixinf.com they are cheaper than ebay and have fast shipping. The battery work more than 2 times than original one.
They give 2 years warranty and the battery is made on japan. :victory:

Regards
:cool:

Darkangels6sic6

Feb 3, 2011
I just got the gold battery from eBay. 2430MAH along with the battery charger for charging the battery externally. It was about $8.50 and comes within a week. Just search i9000 gold battery. I'm pretty sure I've got it calibrated. With light use I get up to 13 hours so far and up to 10 hours approximately with heavier use. Amazing buy so far

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GOLD-2430MAH-BATTERY-SAMSUNG-I9000-GALAXY-S-/190645284732?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c63582f7c#ht_2892wt_1270

Has anyone come across this before? Any reviews? Is this the Slim one?

To good to be true I think

I'd also love a battery which claims what this one does at this price, but It seems to good to be true. A bit of Googling shows a review for this battery with 2/2 "average" reviews which show it did not perform as promised (but it did work). There are also some other review sites which say pretty much the same thing. (I'd love to post the URL but can't because I'm a noob. A search for B005O8S4V0 on amazon.co.uk will find this.

Also, I think that if this technology was legit Samsung would have shipped it with the unit itself !!

Pity, I was really hoping it would work. I hate it that all the aftermarket batteries I have purchased sucked compared to the original.

DG
    That doesn't look like it could be a Li-Ion Polymer cell due to the rounded edge. Only a square edge or foil pack would mean it's a true prismatic cell which is the casing for Li-Ion Poly cells.

The 3.7V vs 3.6V already shows that most of these are using a technology better than just standard Li-Ion, so it wouldn't really be much of an improvement.

Different manufacturer use different materials for anode, cathode, and electrolyte and these Chinese companies use the cheapest ones. So you're either getting what you pay for or getting ripped off depending on how you look at the false advertising.