I have paused development of this ROm while I work on my own tweaks app, a skin and CM style notification toggle. I will be back up in a week or so. Please feel fre to try the ROM, below, but just be aware it is pretty bare-bones right now. It is still very smooth, snappy and stable, however.
This is the initial release of my One X ROM. My focus is on stable, smooth and simple ROMs - the kind I use myself on a daily basis. If you like flashy, super tweaked ROMs, this may not be for you. This is just an initial base ROM that I will be building from, as I get more into the device and possibilities for modding. There is MUCH more to come, including CM-Style Notification Toggles (j4n87 beat me to quick settings...) and my full matte Rosie theme, which HTC seems to have partially taken for sense 4.0... (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...97&postcount=1)
If you like the ROM, please hit the thanks button...!
- Based on Latest OTA update for Asia WWE 1.28.707.10;
- Unsecured stock kernel with edits for init.d, nano text editing, etc;
- Tegra3 power mngmt fixed and full GPU rendering, courtesy of the great mike1986;
- All bloatware and extraneous images, etc. removed;
- My own blend of init.d scripts (combined into one script) for stable and smooth performance;
- Semi-transparent notifications bar (app drawer to come once m10 tools done);
- Recent apps key remapped to settings, long press home key for recent apps (this does NOT have the volume key media mod, as I can't stand it);
- Simple extended power menu mod, just has the additional reboot functions (NOT part of a tweaks program);
- All widgets & app shortcuts, except the weather clock, removed from home screens on first boot so you don't have to waste time removing them...
- PNGs in main graphics apks (com.htc.resources, framework-res, Rosie, etc.) optimized;
- More I can't remember...
- After first boot graphics on notifications bar gimped, this goes away after another reboot;
- All gapps may not be perfectly up-to-date...;
- MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP!!!
- It is best, but not absolutely necessary, to have the latest 1.28.707.10 firmware on your device. If you already have the latest firmware, ignore the following. If you don't, do this:
- re-lock your bootloader (reboot to fastboot and type "fastboot oem lock" in terminal/command prompt),
- flash the 1.26.707.2 RUU (here),
- install the OTA update when you are prompted to,
- unlock bootloader at htcdev.com,
- flash CWM recovery (see this forum for the thread), and you are set to go...
- Flash the boot.img linked to below by placing the "boot.img" in the same folder as your fastboot file, booting into fastboot and then typing "fastboot flash boot boot.img" (in OS X, you can place the boot.img in your home folder);
- No need to wipe anything as flashing this ROM will wipe everything for you, including data --- I REPEAT, FLASHING THIS ROM WILL WIPE EVERYTHING, INCLUDING YOUR DATA!!! This will NOT happen in future versions (although I always suggest a full wipe before flashing);
- Flash the ROM in CWM recovery;
- Let things settle down, sync, etc.;
- Enjoy, and post feedback, suggestions in the thread....
boot.img (FLASH FIRST!!)
Mirror 1 (Goo-IM): http://tinyw.in/HwgY
Mirror 2 (MediaFire): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6d4n0tsqnkk5t1o
Mirror 1 (Dev-Host): http://d-h.st/5BI
Mirror 2 (FileFactory):http://www.filefactory.com/file/xc5o...olia_X_1_0.zip
Mirror 3 (Dropbox): http://bit.ly/Ic6i6o
Thanks & Credits
- Mike1986 for spotting the tegra3 power screw up and for the full GPU mod;
- j4n87, |||bored|||, Chingy and blubbers for the code that I based my key remaps and power menu tweaks off of (coded them myself, but these were the models);
- Goo Inside Me for hosting my ROMs for free;
- XDA and all its devs for being awesome;
- If I missed anyone else, it was UNINTENTIONAL, and a PM will see things set straight!
While I have tested this ROM extensively, I cannot guarantee that it is free from bugs and/or will not harm your device. Accordingly, YOU FLASH THE ROM LINKED TO IN THIS POST AT YOU OWN RISK. I cannot and will not be held responsible in any way for anything that may happen to you, your device or others as a direct or indirect result of flashing the ROM linked to in this post.