[Q] Blaze 4g Modem

Search This thread

hechoen

May 7, 2011
Well the good news is that it flashes and loads into the OS fine. The bad news is that it won't connect to the network. Could be because I'm on ATT but I doubt it. Wifi still works. Trying to flash back to KD1 and still not able to connect to the network which I've never had a problem doing before. I'll post back after trying a few other things. I'm on Fast Don't Lie.

Last edited:

hechoen

May 7, 2011
Last edited:

stephen_w

Jul 24, 2011
Memphis
UPDATE:

Reflashed the ROM I was on and all is well.

Just be prepared to reflash via CWM if needed.

I'll give it a shot. I flashed clean today anyway, so no loss if I have to do it again :)

EDIT: I gave it a shot. It wipes out the baseband version and I get no signal as well.

Last edited:

hechoen

May 7, 2011
I here ya. Just flashed Fast now off to flash Fast V2. Let me know if the modem works for you.

stephen_w

Jul 24, 2011
Memphis
I here ya. Just flashed Fast now off to flash Fast V2. Let me know if the modem works for you.

Nopers. Same issue. It's a pretty huge zip. It actually flashes two different files. If it's the same underlying modem hardware I'm sure someone could port this to our phone. I can say with 100% accuracy that I'm not smart enough to be that person :)

mikhail777

Nov 18, 2011
Someone over on the Sidekick 4G forum modified the Blaze's modem so that it works with the SK4G.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1610449

Since the stock Sidekick modems work with our phone, any ideas as to whether this modified Blaze modem will too?

Try it out and report back :p might be a headache or work great! I'd be hesitant with original modem removing information giving the "insert Sim".. Also I flashed a modem a while back (infuse kk3 modem) it worked, but my clock time was off many hours. It didn't matter what modem I used after. I ended up doing a hard reset using gps aids to fix issue an fyi.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

Last edited:

icy56

Feb 26, 2011
Nashville
Yeah, someone who is willing to do it. Try it out! I'm interested in how much of an improvement this would make

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA

eb13

Mar 26, 2012
Denver
I just flashed it and so far it is fine. My upload & download speeds are a little higher for being at home and have 3 bars instead of 2.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335513999215.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335513999215.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 123

itzik2sh

Sep 5, 2011
Hi eb13

Please track battery life as well.
I'm using the sidekick KD1 modem, which gave me better receptions, but I was told it costs some battery drain.

Also, can you please post modem here? I don't want to sign up just to download it. 10x!

Last edited:

Manumission

Mar 25, 2012
I also flashed it last night. No problems whatsoever, and I got the fastest upload and download speeds I've ever gotten (max. 9100 kbps download, 3400 kbps upload). Battery usage seems fine - I left the mobile network on overnight, and the battery only went down a couple of percentage points.

I think we have a winner here, but obviously individual results will vary. I'll try to post this in a separate post to make it more visible and include a download site that doesn't require a sign-up.

Attachments

• 2012-04-27_06.35.58.jpg
    2012-04-27_06.35.58.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 104

QUIETLYloud

Jun 25, 2011
Holyoke
just out of curiosity does the Blaze 4g modem work on our phone, I heard the sgs II got a 4mbps+ increase from flashing it on theirs???

EDIT- Here is the post w/ download links for it
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1572198&highlight=blaze+4g

Considering it does not work wouldn't it be considerate to remove the link, just to avoid the risk of someone messing up their phone?

I just flashed it and so far it is fine...

I also flashed it...

Which files did you two download?

itzik2sh

Sep 5, 2011
Yeah I lost you regarding the download link.
LB7 is not the port suggested (that was kj2) and it's also 20MB instead of 9MB...

Manumission

Mar 25, 2012
@itzik2sh: LB7 doesn't show up in the baseband version area in the Settings menu - people also reported this in the SK4G forum. But as I was flashing it in CWM, the phone reported that it flashed both the mdm.bin and amss.bin files. And I'm getting much better speeds. So you can take it or leave it.

The reason the file is so large is due to the presence of both .bins.

For reference, here is a link to the LB7 modem file that I uploaded to mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/?7rt7z4p5hd1os1p

Reactions: hechoen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well the good news is that it flashes and loads into the OS fine. The bad news is that it won't connect to the network. Could be because I'm on ATT but I doubt it. Wifi still works. Trying to flash back to KD1 and still not able to connect to the network which I've never had a problem doing before. I'll post back after trying a few other things. I'm on Fast Don't Lie.
    Ok. Check to make sure it didn't wipe out your APN.
    I'd love to check but keep getting Insert sim to access network services. Any thoughts before I odin?

UPDATE:

Reflashed the ROM I was on and all is well. So steven if you want to try and see if you get better results still being with Tmob here's the link

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1572198

Just be prepared to reflash via CWM if needed.

Nopers. Same issue. It's a pretty huge zip. It actually flashes two different files. If it's the same underlying modem hardware I'm sure someone could port this to our phone. I can say with 100% accuracy that I'm not smart enough to be that person :)
    @itzik2sh: LB7 doesn't show up in the baseband version area in the Settings menu - people also reported this in the SK4G forum. But as I was flashing it in CWM, the phone reported that it flashed both the mdm.bin and amss.bin files. And I'm getting much better speeds. So you can take it or leave it.

The reason the file is so large is due to the presence of both .bins.

For reference, here is a link to the LB7 modem file that I uploaded to mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/?7rt7z4p5hd1os1p