As Promised••• The Sys-Dump from T-Mobile Note... ICS 4.03 !

Search This thread

oka1

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
As Promised........ Here is the System dump I got from the Tmobile beta test G-Note. Now I know everyone wants the Kernel and Modem, but until I can figure out how to get those without moving the counter and only with a temp root (which I have not been successful ...yet:)) it will take a little longer, I do not want to get anyone in hot water for my curiosity......:eek::D:cool:

More to come .....hopefully..... Enjoy and provide feedback on anything which may be helpful to progress......

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8999r6injll7hic/gnote.7z

Last edited:

mythus

Oct 29, 2008
My god. I just bought a month of straight talk last night. If the modem works, im going to be confused as of my reaction.

jb0nd38372

Feb 11, 2011
Savannah, Tn
Moto G Power
Yes thank you much, I myself am on AT&T but I have a couple of friends that have been watching / waiting for a little more R&D on the tmobile side of things. Are you a dev too Oka1?

As Promised........ Here is the System dump I got from the Tmobile beta test G-Note. Now I know everyone wants the Kernel and Modem, but until I can figure out how to get those without moving the counter and only with a temp root (which I have not been successful ...yet:)) it will take a little longer, I do not want to get anyone in hot water for my curiosity......:eek::D:cool:

More to come .....hopefully..... Enjoy and provide feedback on anything which may be helpful to progress......

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal

Excellent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

sashusmom

May 10, 2008
North Jersey
WOW!!!! How cool is this?????? :D Now for the simpletons (me), I know the modem will get us reliable tmobile service for calls and data without all the headaches of hacking the correct radio. What does the kernel do for us? Those moving to t-mo and those staying on ATT?:confused: My guess is maybe import the official iCS rom? Can someone educate me? Thanks:p

21productionz

Feb 12, 2008
WOW!!!! How cool is this?????? :D Now for the simpletons (me), I know the modem will get us reliable tmobile service for calls and data without all the headaches of hacking the correct radio. What does the kernel do for us? Those moving to t-mo and those staying on ATT?:confused: My guess is maybe import the official iCS rom? Can someone educate me? Thanks:p

I'm also curious about whether or not the source will get us a stable ICS.

Noteworthy

oka1

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Yes thank you much, I myself am on AT&T but I have a couple of friends that have been watching / waiting for a little more R&D on the Tmobile side of things. Are you a dev too Oka1?

No Not really I haven't done any dev work since the HD2 I know just enough to know how dumb I really am..... but I am glad we got this much I am going to try and get the kernel and modem next......:D

As far as the ICS........... you know this Image Probably will work on the ATT NOTE since it is ICS 4.03........ at a minimum it will provide the REAL Devs some insight on how to port ICS into our existing phones....

Last edited:

Scyke

Dec 27, 2011
No Not really I haven't done any dev work since the HD2 I know just enough to know how dumb I really am..... but I am glad we got this much I am going to try and get the kernel and modem next......:D

As far as the ICS........... you know this Image Probably will work on the ATT NOTE since it is ICS 4.03........ at a minimum it will provide the REAL Devs some insight on how to port ICS into our existing phones....

Do you have a note oka1?

deliriousbb

Mar 1, 2009
Los Angeles
All gamer has one and so do I...... I also have a young child which makes it much harder to geek out on the phones...... :)

Hopefully we'll get the modem soon...

I am in the same boat as you with a couple young toddlers. They are eagerly awaiting a fast modem so they can watch Dora on Netflix :D

Thank you for working on this oka1

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-i717 using XDA Premium App on T-Mobile

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes thank you much, I myself am on AT&T but I have a couple of friends that have been watching / waiting for a little more R&D on the Tmobile side of things. Are you a dev too Oka1?

Extracted system images

If anyone's having trouble getting into the system.img, userdir.img or ramdisk, I decided to extract them for a peak. You can download it here. The system image looks a little light at 166MB and a few files I expected weren't there (libril-qc-qmi-1.so and libril-qcril-hook-oem.so), but it's possible they get built on the first boot ... or they are tucked away elsewhere ... not sure. Either way, happy tinkering.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?q68gd6g8sp7m3b3
    Theres another thread on xda where another member was playing around with his antenna and improve his speeds dramaticly. This may be more of the solution or at least part of it. I have a feeling the tmob note radio wont be anything special. I mean this phone wasnt meant to run AWS so they wouldnt have invested $ into a good antenna but rather better ones for the more popular radio frequencies.

Regardless thanks for providing the dump for us.

Sent from my SGH-I717R using XDA

Not true, the antenna is the least of the issues. The chip and modem are the critical components. That said, Tmobile has been migrating away from the 1700 band and should be completely off it in USA by 1st quarter 2013. So, that is not the real issue, the chip is a penta-band so that is not an issue, the settings and how the modem re-purposes the band IS the issue. Once we can get the TMO modem and kernel opened up and see the configuration..... we will rock. So be prepared.......:D:cool::D
    By flash to install?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

You do not install anything. The system dump is just a dump of the rom that is running on a device. Here is some info so maybe you can understand it better http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rescue-squad/40163-how-dump-system-files-developers.html