DROID X2 minor update (1.3.418) is NOT live

Search This thread
"""Baseband version:
N_03.13.31P

Kernel version:
2.6.32.9-00008-gc406305"""

It's the same 'ing KERNEL as 235/413 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this is true than Motorola has COMPLETELY failed again miserably in everything they have ever done for the x2 and I, am ecstatic to no longer be a prisoner of their antics /poor development &support
Major fail

signature: 404 error

Reactions: hedwig34

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
Wow...really suprised to hear that ONE person has the official OTA 2.3.5. That sucks...

Sent from My Rooted DROID X2/MB870 Running CM7

litetaker

Dec 2, 2011
London
Google Pixel 2
Moto have sunk real low. They are, there is no way to put this mildly, jackasses.

You know what would be the biggest slap on the face to the Razr users? If Moto released the ICS update which kills all root methods and can't be downgraded with an SBF-like file. I am sure they will do it. That is a big dilemma. Update and get stock ICS but unable to leverage the updated kernel for AOSP/CM9 or stay with GB kernel and suffer through the incompatibilities. Oh wait, Razr has kexec coming soon... Hmm. So, this applies to Bionic/D3 unless they have kexec coming too...

God save those people, and X2 users too...

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
some interesting progress, on rooting the D2G's latest update, has been made
and unbricking it, without a new SBF
How-to]unbricking downgraded 629 & root normal function OTA 629
involves flashing a repacked SBF, rooting, using rootkeeper, and installing update, or reinstalling
could help DX2, if update ever gets pushed

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

I know, thats even more crazy. They knew what they were doing sending him that.

Sent from My Rooted DROID X2/MB870 Running CM7
maybe that was the soak test

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
Hahaha yeah my guess is as good as yours...I'm hoping we don't get an OTA.

Sent From My Rooted Motorola DROID X2/MB870 Running CM-7.2.0-RC1.

meskes

Feb 7, 2012
Tucson
I have the update as well and that's because this is a "new" unit from an RMA I had to do. Apparently, while root is broken with it, the ability to SBF back down is still there. I am going to admit though, that I am going to hold off attempts until I start seeing more confirmation on this.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA

meskes

Feb 7, 2012
Tucson
Ivan, saw your letter from Motorola and I have to saw that it makes me absolutely rage. I recently RMA'd my old X2 due to my digitizer and camera honking out on me as well as the oh so common RAM issue on this POS. Had Verizon ship it to me overnight and demanded it be done free since this is not my first time having to do this. The rep called me the next day after having getting it. He asked me if I was still having issues with this unit, to which I replied that I was. I then went in to great detail about it was doing then raged even further about Verizon's total lack of hardware vetting. He then told me that he'd write it up to network operations and have a Network Engineer call me. I am still waiting for the call. I certainly feel your pain and will ditch any future Motorola devices for HTC or Samsung. I'm still on the fence about staying with Verizon tho.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA

tonybahr

Jun 8, 2010
I had them send me a replacement due to screen issues. I got a replacement with this, already sbf'd. I need Cm7. Maybe I shoulda checked it out more first?

Sent from my MB870 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thats all the update brings? Why bother?

Exactly. I've tweeted to both Verizon and Motorola that I'm done with both of them. I'm looking for a new carrier and a new phone.

Verizon is reaching out right now asking why I'm so unhappy. Do I really have to answer that question? Give me a break! :mad:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1136261

the thread w/ 1/3 of a mil hits!
    IT'S all about the last 2 pics in the op.

From what I understand, you do the following, but back everything up to your external SD card first (do a nandroid) and you must have the Motorola USB drivers and Android SDK installed. Of course, since you've been flashing and SBFing, you definitely have those already installed:

1. Have your phone hooked up to your PC and type "ADB REBOOT BOOTLOADER"
    2. The phone should reboot into the bootloader saying "Starting Fastboot Protocol Support"
    3. When it's rebooted into the bootloader, type this in your DOS command window: "fastboot eom unlock"
    4. Read the warnings. This WILL reformat your phone so be sure you've backed it up.
    5. Tap Volume Down to switch to "Accept"
    6. Now press Volume Up to actually "accept" the warning.
    7. After that, you should be unlocked and formatted IF the bootloader and kernel were unlocked.

I could be wrong, but that's what I've read before.

Good deal, I can do that for sure. I will make sure to update everyone as soon as anything comes through.

I won't be able to do any of the testing until I get home from work (roughly 6:30 central time) but I will keep trying to update throughout the day.

Thanks guys.
    So has anyone received this update? Can they confirm what we all think?

No, this was another premature delivery by Verizon, nobody has even received the soak yet.

I will let everyone know as soon as I can check if we will have an unlocked bootloader and if the SBF back bricks...

Hoping it is this week, I am so F-ing tired of stock Moto!

Sent from my DROID X2
    Wait! Was he the one that said he worked for Moto and he was going to leak the unlocked bootloader? I think I do remember that... I just recently started reading more than ROMs and Themes though. So pardon my ignorance.

Sent from my DROID X2

your ignorance is unacceptable
    you should know EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME
    ESPECIALLY if skoodwiva said it, cuz EVERYONE knows what he taking about ALL the time ;)

(just playing around skood ;) please don't take offense, all in good fun Buddy :p )
    I am no dev, can you walk me through how to do that? I am willing to try anything but I do not know how to do that off the top of my head.

do you have the Android SDK on your computer? if you do just go into the folder where it's stored:
    if windows C:/SDK (i believe)
    if Linux /home/yourname/android-sdk-linux

it should have fastboot within there, but i'm bad at explanations, so iBolski'll walk you through it better than I can.