So long One V!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ShAaShAy

Apr 11, 2012
New Delhi
Hello can someone please help me... Whenever I am calling or disconnecting the phone ... The phone starts blinking with a red background also there are some yellow spots on the screen... Can I get it replaced??

Sent from my HTC One V using XDA

Yeah you can get yourself a new unit. For where I live, I could get mine replaced within 15 days from the billing date.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

ShAaShAy

Apr 11, 2012
New Delhi
HTC quality is a pure ****.
I will not buy another HTC product.

Nah man I wouldn't say it's **** cuz the One V, even if entry level, is a very solid phone. It feels like you're holding something. The sensation I own now is pretty much solid and feels quite luxurious too. A few bugs here and there is kinda normal for every other company. You know what they say.. **** happens! :p

jagannn

Mar 16, 2011
Atlanta
Ove V big loss for HTC

I replaced 3 One V within 5 days:eek:, first 2 mobiles went dead suddenly and it dint gets bootup or even i cant charge it. the 3rd mobile had a big yellow spot, so i have replaced all and bought Xperia. Even though One V is an awesome phone. :)

I saw some ppls with One V with different issues. so i decided to move to Sony.
think twice before you buy One V

PhoenixAG

Jul 25, 2006
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
From what I can see, a lot of people in India are replacing their One Vs.

I am also in India (New Delhi) and am very keen to buy the One V. However, it is not available in ready stock in most places but my usual guy says he can get it in a day.

I have checked out the competition and really still like the One V.

Such a dilemma! :(

the Doctor

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2011
In the TARDIS
From what I can see, a lot of people in India are replacing their One Vs.
I had the very same thought. I've not had a problem with mine since day one and I got it in Cambodia.

I have checked out the competition and really still like the One V.
Despite what the trolls say about HTC, this is a great, high quality phone. I'm really pleased with it. Too bad India got a bad batch of them. :( Such things happen to every manufacturer, especially at launch. Wait a little while and you'll get a good one. ;)

the Doctor

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2011
In the TARDIS
Yeah now I'm confused to get one from here or get one from Thailand. Because im going there in a few days.
From you signature, it looks like you're desperate for another device :eek:

Seriously, if you buy a phone in Thailand and have problems, getting warranty service might be a little harder because you can't return it to the retailer.

Last edited:

.xxx.

Oct 8, 2011
Mumbai
I replaced 3 One V within 5 days:eek:, first 2 mobiles went dead suddenly and it dint gets bootup or even i cant charge it. the 3rd mobile had a big yellow spot, so i have replaced all and bought Xperia. Even though One V is an awesome phone. :)

I saw some ppls with One V with different issues. so i decided to move to Sony.
think twice before you buy One V

Which xperia did you go for? Because I'm confused between xperia neo v and HTC one v. But after going through this thread, it seems that it is not legit to go for one v in India, where I live :-/

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

ShAaShAy

Apr 11, 2012
New Delhi
Which xperia did you go for? Because I'm confused between xperia neo v and HTC one v. But after going through this thread, it seems that it is not legit to go for one v in India, where I live :-/

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

Dude if you can wait until htc sorts everything out, then I'd personally say wait and get the One V. They're both the same price, but One V is kinda newer tech and performance wise a very good choice for a single core.

.xxx.

Oct 8, 2011
Mumbai
Dude if you can wait until htc sorts everything out, then I'd personally say wait and get the One V. They're both the same price, but One V is kinda newer tech and performance wise a very good choice for a single core.

Hmm. I was going to buy a phone this week itself. Will be going for HTC one v and if it comes out to be a failure like it has been mentioned in this thread, I might go for its replacement.

ShAaShAy

Apr 11, 2012
New Delhi
Otherwise problems I've had may not be that big of a deal for many others, so maybe even if you do have a bug, you may just find it to be nothing at all.
Regardless, the phone's great! :D

Sidewindr

Aug 16, 2005
Bangkok
From you signature, it looks like you're desperate for another device :eek:

Seriously, if you buy a phone in Thailand and have problems, getting warranty service might be a little harder because you can't return it to the retailer.

Yeah but the OneV in Thailand is only 9,900THB !!.. :D It will have an asia rom on it however.. My girlfriend has had hers for 4 weeks now and loves it, 0 issues/problems..

ShAaShAy

Apr 11, 2012
New Delhi
Yeah but the OneV in Thailand is only 9,900THB !!.. :D It will have an asia rom on it however.. My girlfriend has had hers for 4 weeks now and loves it, 0 issues/problems..

Just think it over, cuz you wouldn't wanna save money and end up running one end to another if something turns out to be faulty. Time is precious! :p
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.