I'm putting up this guide just to help the community until we have a more feature rich version of touchOSC
for our android devices.
I'll gladly pay the $5/$6 hexler charged for the iOS version of this app once the android version is there. this app far outshines anything even remotely similar.
and it looks pretty
a combination of the following worked wonders for me.
- Cremisis Layout encoder
- Notepad++ (for windows. I'm sure there's equivalents for all OS types)
- Virtuos Ten Studio (you'll have to use whatever equivalent you have on your system for building/signing apks.)
and a few Regular Expressions i wrote to help edit the generated index.html
here's a small tutorial. it's primarily for windows but easily adapted to other OS's :
- create your touchOSC layout using the touchOSC editor.
- save your template in any location.
- Use 7-zip and select Open Archive to open your touchOSC layout.
- Drag and drop the INDEX.XML file somewhere.
- Open the INDEX.XML file in Notepad++ (or whatever editor you use that support Regular Expressions)
- Search for NAME tags and delete using this Regular Expression.
Be aware that there is a SPACE
after that second quote. that is to ensure that everything gets pulled back into place.
- Save your INDEX.XML .
- Your 7-zip should still be open. DELETE the INDEX.XML file inside the layout archive.
- Drag and drop your new INDEX.XML into the archive and hit yes to all the prompts.
- Close 7-zip.
- Open Layout Encoder.
- Load your touchOSC layout file into Layout Encoder, select the index number you wish to replace and press encode.
Since the steps to replace the layout within Layout.smali
have already been covered by intensus
, i won't be going over that here.
After everything is complete - build, sign and install your APK. on windows i suggest Virtuos Ten Studio
. i've been using it for a couple of weeks and absolutely love it. it does have it bugs though and does get frustrating at times.
i think there's another issue (i won't say bug since we're pretty much hacking around this program). aside from the NAME
. it seems that MULTI
elements cause the force closes aswell, even with the offending tags removed.
i setup a 56 push button grid last night one by one with no issues using the steps outlined above. today i tried the exact same thing using a multipush element. all i get using the multipush is a blank screen and force closes. shame too - it took me 2 hrs to assign individual notes to each of those buttons on my 56 grid. i thought i could make it easier with a multi element
this also occurs when trying to use the iPad size layout.
- for figuring out and posting his videos on the initial custom layout injection.
- for his layout encoder.
- for figuring out what inside the XML file was causing the force closing.
and everyone else involved with the tools used for this tutorial. if i forgot to mention or overlooked anyone i apologize.