Do you still like your Arc?

Search This thread

rocco6victor

Jun 10, 2011
I choose ARC simply coz of its fantastic appearance..
It's even nicer than the newest XPERIA S
For hardware, Sony's handphone's hardware is always not up-to-date. But u guys still choose Sony, right?

actually, i choose my arc s because of the ericsson part, not the sony. I unlocked bootloader and upgraded to ics but ended donwgrading to gb for the speed and stability and i'm very satisfied with my phone.

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
Why do you all say wait for the LT15 ICS update and the Arc will be better again?
Why should the LT15 update be better/faster/whatever?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

emperact

Jun 8, 2011
I liked my Arc in the start. But after having it almost a year I started hating it..
It was sent to repair one time, for the famous crack-issue.
Never dropped my phone, always been in the leather pouch that came with it.
Then, I got 1 more crack, then a 2nd at the sensor too, and then a 3rd near the camera button, still never dropped it. I did not want to sent it back in, just waste of time, if the cracks would come again.
I was getting sick of the phone feeling so cheap, beacuse of the plastic stuff. I just got myself a HTC One x, quad-core version, six days ago, and my god, I LOVE it! So good design, and the materials, screen and specs are so fantastic! I really recommend this phone!
Had some good times with my arc ofc.. :)

So this is it for me on this forum. Hope to see some of you in HTC One X Forum. :p

Last edited:

kitsVA

Jan 16, 2009
Couldn't resist the $299 price for white Arc S at newegg.com. So, decided to upgrade my Arc to Arc S until the next great Sony phone becomes available. Might get Xperia P or just wait for Hayabusa. Was not happy with Xperia S nor Ion looks interesting and with AT&T carrying it won't feel special

Reactions: frothe3

Lebber

Jul 5, 2010
Rotterdam
Couldn't resist the $299 price for white Arc S at newegg.com. So, decided to upgrade my Arc to Arc S until the next great Sony phone becomes available. Might get Xperia P or just wait for Hayabusa. Was not happy with Xperia S nor Ion looks interesting and with AT&T carrying it won't feel special

I'm very curious to know if the speed of the processor in the Arc S really makes a difference, compared to the regular Arc.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

I must say that I'm still very pleased with my SE Arc. First of all the weight is a very big plus, it's just very light. I owned a Motorola Milestone for a while, but a 160+ gram phone is just to heavy. And although the SE is made entirely from plastic, it does not feel cheap. Maybe that's because of the elegant styling and the fact that the screen is completely integrated in the front of the phone.

But the biggest surprise for me was how it performs. On GB it is SO smooth. Almost as smooth as an iPhone! A few days back I tried some new phones with ICS on it (the HTC One X and de Sony Xperia S) and they are no way as smooth as the Arc. The screen als gives very sharp images (despite the relativaly low resolution compared to some high-end phones on the market today) and natural colours. Not the kiddy colours such as on many Samsungs and LG's. Oh and the camera is great. Good quality pictures (for a phone at least) and it respons very fast. If you use the screen to take a picture, the dedicated camera button on the side of the phone is a horror to operate.

bloodsuckingcomputer

Dec 11, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I'm very curious to know if the speed of the processor in the Arc S really makes a difference, compared to the regular Arc.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

I must say that I'm still very pleased with my SE Arc. First of all the weight is a very big plus, it's just very light. I owned a Motorola Milestone for a while, but a 160+ gram phone is just to heavy. And although the SE is made entirely from plastic, it does not feel cheap. Maybe that's because of the elegant styling and the fact that the screen is completely integrated in the front of the phone.

But the biggest surprise for me was how it performs. On GB it is SO smooth. Almost as smooth as an iPhone! A few days back I tried some new phones with ICS on it (the HTC One X and de Sony Xperia S) and they are no way as smooth as the Arc. The screen als gives very sharp images (despite the relativaly low resolution compared to some high-end phones on the market today) and natural colours. Not the kiddy colours such as on many Samsungs and LG's. Oh and the camera is great. Good quality pictures (for a phone at least) and it respons very fast. If you use the screen to take a picture, the dedicated camera button on the side of the phone is a horror to operate.

+1

^eLipS#

Jan 28, 2012
Novi Sad
I loved my Arc S, but since I dropped it once and damaged it now i just like it :D I updated to ICS few days ago, and I can say that Gingerbread is much more stable and smoother! Plus, the most touchscreen games won't work, and I experienced some problems with WiFi. I'm now thinking about flashing my Arc S back to Gingerbread, but I will think about it for few more days.

In conclusion, I think that Arc S is a great phone (much better than iPhone 4), and I will recommend this device for all of you thinking about getting a new phone! ;)

bern4d1

Dec 21, 2010
Jakarta
I loved my Arc S, but since I dropped it once and damaged it now i just like it :D I updated to ICS few days ago, and I can say that Gingerbread is much more stable and smoother! Plus, the most touchscreen games won't work, and I experienced some problems with WiFi. I'm now thinking about flashing my Arc S back to Gingerbread, but I will think about it for few more days.

In conclusion, I think that Arc S is a great phone (much better than iPhone 4), and I will recommend this device for all of you thinking about getting a new phone! ;)

I have thought and tested and now I'm back to Gingerbread and waiting for next ICS update. :)

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
Yeah, that's a point then.
Thought you would recommend it as the best phone ^^

3li.bttb

Apr 27, 2012
Aleppo
Yes sure I do, I unlocked the boot-loader and I started flashing new ROMs and doing experiments, now I'm using GB .62 with Xperia Arc BIG PACK V3.1 it's just very cool :rolleyes:

pngface

Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
I flashed the Arc S ICS rom onto my Arc and tried it out for about 2 weeks.. the gingerbread ROMs are much more stable..and smoother. Though I like the new notification system, the overall responsiveness of the system has gone down.. I'm going to be flashing back to 2.3.4.
I have a feeling that the Arc's hardware isn't good enough to properly handle ICS...

3li.bttb

Apr 27, 2012
Aleppo
I flashed the Arc S ICS rom onto my Arc and tried it out for about 2 weeks.. the gingerbread ROMs are much more stable..and smoother. Though I like the new notification system, the overall responsiveness of the system has gone down.. I'm going to be flashing back to 2.3.4.
I have a feeling that the Arc's hardware isn't good enough to properly handle ICS...

About the hardware, LT15i and LT18i are the same, I think they have the same processor but it's overclocked in the LT18i, any way Sony has announced that ICS will have a big impact on preformance, because of the 512 MB ram :(
They should do some tricks to make it faster and less memory consuming, for now I'm sticking with the .62 Doom'sKernel v22 {GB}
:D

Sent from my LT15i using XDA

Syndicate6

Apr 29, 2012
Bandung
Sure it's nice.
Running my LT18i on .562 ICS custom ROM.
But i just can't find the ultimate differences between LT15i and LT18i when it talk about custom kernel and custom ROM.
And for now i can't risk my phone to overclocking thing.

Candy[MAN]

Oct 7, 2009
Orangeville
Running ICS on my Arc LT15a and I love it. Removed all the bloatware and it is running nice and smooth with good battery life. No complaints.

Dark_SE

Feb 13, 2011
Brussels
I still love my ARC! It does everything i ask him to, without bugging :p
It's the best phone i ever had, the only thing that bugs me a little is that my speaker is cracking. So i think i'm going to have to fix that! ;)

squalldua

Sep 27, 2011
BDG

correction : Arc's hardware isn't good enough to properly handle Arc S's ICS :)
wake up guys, it's not the same thing. if it is, they should have released the updates together, not a month apart. :cool:

About the hardware, LT15i and LT18i are the same, I think they have the same processor but it's overclocked in the LT18i, any way Sony has announced that ICS will have a big impact on preformance, because of the 512 MB ram :(
They should do some tricks to make it faster and less memory consuming, for now I'm sticking with the .62 Doom'sKernel v22 {GB}
:D

only the guys at SE knows what the real diferences are.
to the public, the diference is only the clock speed of the processor.. ok, and the new colors too :p
so lets not assume that the hardware (besides the processor) are the same :rolleyes:

Last edited:

3li.bttb

Apr 27, 2012
Aleppo
wake up guys, it's not the same thing. if it is, they should have released the updates together, not a month apart. :cool:

to the public, the diference is only the clock speed of the processor.. ok, and the new colors too :p
so lets not assume that the hardware (besides the processor) are the same :rolleyes:

Okay what are those differences? I mean can we get some part numbers or a comparison or something, it would be a very good thing if some one has both devices :cool:

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010

Wake up yourself ;)
Other than antenna and CPU they ARE the same!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    try acronium dude,fully stock,combine with doomkernel,have it supercharge,theme it a little bit,add this add that,it is not the phone itself made it perfect,its you who made it perfect,so my opinion is xperia arc was indeed perfect if you know how to perfecting it..

Sent from my LT18i
    Ive not even had this phone a year yet (Arc S) but I'm going to make it last 3 years. I'm not going to waste money on the wagon when this phone meets all my requirements, especially with a custom ROM.

Sent from my LT18i using xda app-developers app
    I have Arc since April 2011.

It's basically a perfect device.

There are two issues:
    1. Crack, which looks bad but doesn't influence anything else (shame...)
    2. RAM too low, which can be dealt with by rebooting once a week.
    3. The internal memory could be bigger.

I have like 60 apps or so and this phone flies, still on Stock ROM. Seriously, no single freeze or reboot since the .42 FW. It's just brilliant.

So, for the first time I'm not even anxious to get my Xperia S just because I think Arc could work for another year.
    I agree with the majority of comments posted here. I've owned my Arc for just under a year, was fascinated by it as soon as the roadtests were released.

I agree that the crack in the casing up by the light sensor is a pain and that is down to Sony Ericsson's design, but as with other people's experiences it generally seem to be something which SE have been unable to permanently rectify.

I took the move to unlock the bootloader on mine about 6 months ago and I find myself freely switching between boot loaders and ROMS depending on what catches my eye. Restoring never takes that long if you select the backup option in the Google set up, so I've been merrily switching between, stock, stock tweaked, fully custom, ICS and MIUI without trouble.

You will get some functions that don't work, but unless you regularly use the HDMI output or wireless tethering you won't really miss them.

With so many exciting develoments due to the Arc (ICS, Arc S official MIUI rom to name a few), I have to say that I'm struggling to find something that will do all the things an Arc does...and so well. The camera is effortless and clear, the screen is bright and faultless and although the SE launcher is fairly simple I've gone full circle with Go launcher, Launcher Pro, Launcher 7, SPB and more recently I tried out TSF, all worked without a hitch but still found myself using the stock launcher when the Xperia S bits came on the scene.

Yes, the phone is lacking in internal ram, but with some tweaks as mentioned by other members in this thread, you can get round that fairly easily.

Personally I can see me sticking with my Arc until it breaks, then I'll probably either invest in a new one or plunge in to an Arc S, no other phone is as light and as thin but offers such a good screen. Battery life is average and I can usually get a good day's worth of usage out of most roms before recharging overnight, but every other smartphone I've had has been the same, even an iPhone, you've got to expect less battery life when a phone carries so much....phone, camera, multimedia device, internet, office, games machine and much more. A spare battery, a USB lead or a car charger cures most of the limited battery range.

Hope this helps, I've never felt so passionately about another phone I've owned, even with the small niggles.
    Yes, the hardware is a little bit outdated, but with all due respect to other manufacturers, and other phone models (including Sony 2012 line-up), I still haven't found a better looking phone.
    I can sacrifice some hardware "limitations" (this is very arguable) for the sake of beauty and originality.
    Let's compare this phone with two most talked-about phones lately:

299370-apple-iphone-5.jpg
    Xperia%20Arc%20S%20White.jpg
    293875-samsung-galaxy-s3.jpg

These two are looking silly alongside Arc, from design point of view strictly.