Official proof of ICS update

Search This thread

piizzadude

Feb 26, 2011
Harrisburg
I for one is hopeful that the date is accurate. But for other reasons...

I just got this bad boy the other day and I am a total flashaholic. I promised myself that I would not flash anything until ICS came out. Mostly to learn Sense (had only TW before) but also to read up on what the heck I am doing.

Well I have read everything now and my flashin' finger is getting itchy. I rooted within 3 hours, still thinking about s-off but I am sticking to my guns about flashing.

I HATE the dock on sense (taken out in S4 I see) and want to move on.....

platinumrims

Dec 28, 2010
Cool maybe it will be true. The big "confidential" across the page is funny. Like its top secret? Rofl.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

los1223

Jul 8, 2008
Orange County, CA
I'll stay hopeful. If not an official OTA hopefully at least a leak. This kernel is killing me, draining my battery 2x as fast as normal. I don't really care for the official update, I'm more interested in a kernel that isn't broken and the source so devs can get to pimping our phones!

K

knucklesmckay

I just got this bad boy the other day and I am a total flashaholic. I promised myself that I would not flash anything until ICS came out. Mostly to learn Sense (had only TW before) but also to read up on what the heck I am doing.

Well I have read everything now and my flashin' finger is getting itchy. I rooted within 3 hours, still thinking about s-off but I am sticking to my guns about flashing.

I think you will have to unfreeze/unroot/relock to receive the ota update. Make sure you dont change anything in the stock system.

Or you can go the s-off root. We wil prolly be able to just flash the new firware if have s off. I have s-off but beware it is risky and you can do some real damage to your phone if you do something wrong.

sent from my galaxy tab 2

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
I got to laugh I mean how us that document "Official"? I can just as easily make a document that looks just like that right here at my desk. I mean if it was signed or stamped or something like that I would say oh well maybe, but a watermark that says "confidential" really doesn't get it. That said no offence to the OP I really hope its true.

esheesle

Nov 30, 2010
I think you will have to unfreeze/unroot/relock to receive the ota update. Make sure you dont change anything in the stock system.

Or you can go the s-off root. We wil prolly be able to just flash the new firware if have s off. I have s-off but beware it is risky and you can do some real damage to your phone if you do something wrong.

sent from my galaxy tab 2

unfreeze and unroot, relocking was unnecessary for the last one so doubt it will be for this (unless you ruu instead of ota).

K

knucklesmckay

i may be wrong but im pretty sure the razr line will get ice cream well before we do.

Because of Verizon though, not because HTC is holding back the update. I guarantee the Rezounds is ready (Att Vivid got it!) but VZW is holding it until those Moto jerks have theirs ready.

K

knucklesmckay

Yea they better have that kernel fixed or release source so a developer can fix the throttle issues.

K

knucklesmckay

Tisk tisk CNet...CNet sources theVerge who sources Reddit again. I can't believe everyone is sourcing this unknown person on Reddit.

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
Got to be real CNet has it posted, time to start dancing in the streets.. J/K

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105...or-razr-rezound/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=title

Still nothing set in stone a tweet from Verizon would seal the deal for me.

you know now that you mention that about verizon. i was on the phone with corporate yesterday and they mentioned something about an update coming to improve battery life. i know it probably means nothing but i thought id throw that out there.

putney1477

Feb 21, 2011
Concord, NH

you could always change launchers if you don't like sense for the time being. There is ADW launcher, go launcher, launcher pro and a few more in google play store.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    verizon-device-updates.jpg

tanks gawd.
    FYI the sensation ICS update was 297mb and the htc vivid update was 314mb.
    as I agree certain words, can be said and be meant in a meaning MUCH differently than others interpret, I don't think this site will condone in that type of language here.
    Wasn't this posted already? Check out the ICS on 5/9 thread on this very same section of the forum...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

Or to make it a simpler question, why is It gay that it's not on a list?

The word gay doesnt always mean homosexual. Here is good explanation...

. By the end of the 20th century, the word gay was recommended by major LGBT groups and style guides to describe people attracted to members of the same sex. [2][3] At about the same time, a new, pejorative use became prevalent in some parts of the world. In the Anglosphere, this connotation, among younger speakers, has a derisive meaning equivalent to rubbish or stupid (as in "That's so gay."). In this use, the word does not mean "homosexual", so it can be used, for example, to refer to an inanimate object or abstract concept of which one disapproves. This usage can also refer to weakness or unmanliness. When used in this way, the extent to which it still retains connotations of homosexuality has[4][5]