Any Fastboot Files????

Search This thread

acidsython@aol.com

Feb 6, 2012
I have been hearing a lot that the DROID 4 and the DROID Razr are very simaliar... If thats true then is there a Possibility that the Razr fastboot files cold work on the DROID 4?

Mar 20, 2011
Portland Oregon
The hardware is identical.....

EXCEPT for the keyboard (maybe the screen, too??). If you have a spare Droid 4 laying around, why not?

For even the above casual user this might be a little much. I haven't had much luck with getting my fully functioning Droid 4 to be recognized by RSDLite.

Although, I do want to know from the developer here, HOW CAN I HELP??

I don't want to just take take take, some of us want to give back.

I bricked my spare Droid 4, and everyone should be really careful with SafeStrap, and backup everything (including the webtop).

Reactions: tallelf78

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
EXCEPT for the keyboard (maybe the screen, too??). If you have a spare Droid 4 laying around, why not?

For even the above casual user this might be a little much. I haven't had much luck with getting my fully functioning Droid 4 to be recognized by RSDLite.

I bricked my spare Droid 4, and everyone should be really careful with SafeStrap, and backup everything (including the webtop).
Droid RAZR fastboot files would probably work on the Droid 4, IF we had unlocked bootloaders. I have tried every combination of DR fastboot files on the D4 and the /system/ partition is never properly signed for the D4.

We need a full Droid 4 update or Droid 4 fastboot files to get back to working order, the Razr won't cut it.

Reactions: RueTheDayTrebek

gdeeble

Oct 8, 2011
Without trying to sound too stupid here(lol), but could we not make a stock nandroid backup and dump the image in the fastboot file by chance, and change the md5 inside zip?

omniuni

Jul 16, 2010
The problem is not hardware, but rather encryption. Quite simply, we need a properly signed and encrypted software bundle to load on the locked bootloader. If we could sign and encrypt the bundle ourselves, the locked bootloader would not be an issue. The Droid Razr is a different phone with a different encryption key, so we can't use those fastboot files on a D4. We also can't sign our own Nandroid, so we can't load that either.

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The hardware is identical.....

Droid RAZR fastboot files would probably work on the Droid 4, IF we had unlocked bootloaders. I have tried every combination of DR fastboot files on the D4 and the /system/ partition is never properly signed for the D4.

We need a full Droid 4 update or Droid 4 fastboot files to get back to working order, the Razr won't cut it.
    Without trying to sound too stupid here(lol), but could we not make a stock nandroid backup and dump the image in the fastboot file by chance, and change the md5 inside zip?
    The problem is not hardware, but rather encryption. Quite simply, we need a properly signed and encrypted software bundle to load on the locked bootloader. If we could sign and encrypt the bundle ourselves, the locked bootloader would not be an issue. The Droid Razr is a different phone with a different encryption key, so we can't use those fastboot files on a D4. We also can't sign our own Nandroid, so we can't load that either.

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA
    GOOGLE IT!!!! Fastboot files are now out for the Droid 4!!!!!